PDA

View Full Version : Trumps Tax plan

dhawkeye1980
08-06-2015, 08:24 AM
http://www.americasfreedomfighters.com/2015/08/05/donald-trumps-tax-plan-is-so-good-it-could-take-him-all-the-way-to-the-white-house/

Dats it man

Andrew1395
08-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Saw this last night, seems legit as fuark. I'm excited for the debate tonight lol i hope he goes in dry

mnovotny85
sounds good on paper, but how would we make up for the loss of revenue?

ChiBearsfan
Ok, that's all I care about in a president anyway.

He has my vote.

dhawkeye1980
08-06-2015, 08:28 AM

More money = buying more things = more sales tax

devin45k
08-06-2015, 08:29 AM
Ok, that's all I care about in a president anyway.

He has my vote.

That's basically how I feel nowadays.

palmdale_mob
08-06-2015, 08:30 AM
Is that even feasible though? That would be a huge hit to the government in tax revenue

Snine
08-06-2015, 08:30 AM
- Those making up to $30,000 will pay 1 percent.
- Income from $30,000 to $100,000 results in a flat 5 percent.
- $100,000 to $1 million income will be taxed at 10 percent.
- On $1 million or above will be taxed 15 percent.

Seems legit. Can't stump the trump!

Ted Nugent
08-06-2015, 08:31 AM
i'd prefer a flat tax at around 10-12% for everyone regardless of income

but his proposal is still vastly better than anything yet

voting for Trump crew

JPF82
08-06-2015, 08:32 AM

This.

brb cut 1,000's of government jobs due to lack of funding

Then again you could offset it from the egregious spending he talked about......but balancing both of them would take time.....more time than he has for his term if elected.

edit: Wont matter if he does this anyway, most companies will up the cost of their products (ie "inflation") and everything is back to where it is today.

miscbrah007
08-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Cut down on social security and the wasteful government agencies that support it? I'm just guessing here, I have not read Trump's plan.

Ted Nugent
08-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Is that even feasible though? That would be a huge hit to the government in tax revenue

the govt wastes billions of dollars of completely useless crap

trim the fat and get rid of the waste and problem solved

tsbalr120

You would be surprised how much government waste there is. If there was a serious effort to reduce that waste, taxes can be lowered a chit ton.

Zoroastres
i'd prefer a flat tax at around 10-12% for everyone regardless of income

but his proposal is still vastly better than anything yet

voting for Trump crewHeyyyyyyy, you are back!

Anyway, I would love a tax rate like this.

gixxer0.6g
So he'd do away with deductions, tax credits, etc. and just pay a flat income based rate and be done with it?

I also assume this is just federal income tax. You'll still have state, SS, etc. And I bet if you dove deep into actual percentages people pay they wouldn't be that far off in the $100k and under bracket. I think this will be a small break for the middle class, no effect on the poor and a tax hike on the wealthy. But I'm not an accountant.

Luc1fer
08-06-2015, 08:34 AM

It drives up consumer spending, thus market competition etc. The government are notoriously poor at managing spending, not to mention you don't get a say in where it goes. The money is free in the market, rather than the government's hands.

laxster
08-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Rip tax accounting industry

JPF82
08-06-2015, 08:35 AM
I would also like to hear more about companies using tax loopholes and putting offices over seas and how he plans to rid them of that ability than my taxes.....

TheUniBrah
08-06-2015, 08:35 AM
he has my vote

badreligion
08-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Tonight will make or break Trump . So far he's been saying everything people want to hear and hasn't been "PC" so if he keeps that up tonight he will continue to surge .

kip22
08-06-2015, 08:36 AM
A lot of people arnt going to like going from getting extra money back to paying 1 percent in. But those ppl probably weren't going to vote for him anyways.

I support this plan, but is it practical enough to be implemented?

mnovotny85
08-06-2015, 08:37 AM

You would be surprised how much government waste there is. If there was a serious effort to reduce that waste, taxes can be lowered a chit ton.

lol at thinking its that easy to just 'trim the fat'. there is no serious effort to reduce waste b/c that's what politicians line their pockets with

JUGGERNAUT1333
08-06-2015, 08:38 AM

Exactly this. We will never know how much money the government wastes on nonsense. They waste it because they have it. If they were forced to do with less money I guarantee they could eliminate a lot of things and our country wouldn't skip a beat.

seanb1979
08-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Wow. That would be amazing. Paying just 10% and not worrying about write offs and working the system would be great.

AndYUKnowThis
08-06-2015, 08:39 AM

I'm not too knowledgable on politics/economics, but this sounds like a good idea.

-Small Businesses will thrive more
-Big Businesses will have a big surplus of money and will supply more jobs. Since they don't have to lay out the ass, they can hire Americans instead of those overseas
-People will have more money, which leads to more money in economy.

I don't see why anyone would vote for Sanders imo, because he'll raise taxes on everybody. Raising taxes has hardly ever worked and you can only go so high.

seanb1979
08-06-2015, 08:40 AM

i think hes wanting to be rid of deductions, or at least most of them, so it would even out and simplify the system

badlasagna
This.

brb cut 1,000's of government jobs due to lack of funding

Then again you could offset it from the egregious spending he talked about......but balancing both of them would take time.....more time than he has for his term if elected.

edit: Wont matter if he does this anyway, most companies will up the cost of their products (ie "inflation") and everything is back to where it is today.

cut government jobs? got my vote!

Seatard
Based on the simplistic posts in this thread I don't think most people have any idea what is best for the US tax system.

SnatchMan
08-06-2015, 08:43 AM

Increased economic activity?

AndYUKnowThis
08-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Based on the simplistic posts in this thread I don't think most people have any idea what is best for the US tax system.

Why aren't you atleast running for office then?

Holyfenix
08-06-2015, 08:44 AM
So he'd do away with deductions, tax credits, etc. and just play a flat rate and be done with it?

I also assume this is just federal income tax. And I bet if you dove deep into actual percentages people pay they wouldn't be that far in the $100k and under bracket. I think this will be a small break for the middle class, no effect on the poor and a tax hike on the wealthy. But I'm not accountant.

Pretty much. The wealthy tax rate is up around 40-50% but with all the deductions and tax credits it comes in significantly lower than that. I think Romney paid something like 11-13% in federal taxes.

There are better plans than what Trump has offered but its still vastly superior to what we have. Also it would make it much more manageable to live in high cost of living states such as CA which has high state taxes, high sales tax, and now an additional gas tax, that keeps our average gas price over a dollar more than the national average.

If you could effectively cut down on wasteful spending you wouldn't even need to go after peoples precious benefits or the republicans oh so important military spending. Trim off the fat, high private corporations to make more advanced automated systems for SS, Welfare, Foodstamps etc. etc. Sure the up front cost will be a lot but I bet we would be a net gain in 5-10 years. If not sooner. The same type of people that work at DMV's work at all government jobs, slow, rude, and inept. Some people may lose their government jobs but with all the cash flow swirling around the private market I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a need for more people than there are jobs. Obviously its much more complicated and long winded if we really got into the nitty-gritty.

Either way the Debate should be fun to watch.

Seatard
08-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Why aren't you atleast running for office then?

Because I understand that Congress enacts tax law, not the President.

GolfPants
08-06-2015, 08:48 AM
I'm all for anything that will save me some money AND fire some useless gubmint workers. Das it mane.

badlasagna
08-06-2015, 08:49 AM

but it should be that simple

tsbalr120
08-06-2015, 08:52 AM
lol at thinking its that easy to just 'trim the fat'. there is no serious effort to reduce waste b/c that's what politicians line their pockets with

Good thing he's already a billionaire and didn't have to go begging to lobbiest like the rest of the GOP

JPF82
08-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Exactly this. We will never know how much money the government wastes on nonsense. They waste it because they have it. If they were forced to do with less money I guarantee they could eliminate a lot of things and our country wouldn't skip a beat.

I recall a news story with 250 million dollars (i think) in cisco switches/routers etc etc for schools. Sitting in a storage room due to lack of funding to install it or something.

Trying to search for the video, was on nightly news or something.

litljay
08-06-2015, 09:01 AM
So he'd do away with deductions, tax credits, etc. and just play a flat income based rate and be done with it?

I also assume this is just federal income tax. You'll still have state, SS, etc. And I bet if you dove deep into actual percentages people pay they wouldn't be that far off in the $100k and under bracket. I think this will be a small break for the middle class, no effect on the poor and a tax hike on the wealthy. But I'm not an accountant.

Yep, I think that's were the wealthiest will take the biggest hit. I just pulled up my 2014 1040 and I paid a little over 15% effective tax rate, so I personally would save 5%.

Delaray
08-06-2015, 09:04 AM

More jobs means a larger tax base

More business means a larger tax base

Less red tape around taxes means more efficient collection

Import tariffs for those who dont employ locals (dat dere tax base)

Cant stop the Trumpkrieg

devin45k
08-06-2015, 09:07 AM
cut government jobs? got my vote!

I know of several people that have government jobs and they straight up say they get paid too much for what they do. It's similar to unions I have to deal with at my job. Most of the time the people with their jobs are just working the system.

shock6906
08-06-2015, 09:08 AM

Probably but there's a lot of waste in government spending anyway. If those tax scales were offered but write-offs and extra deductions taken away, then it'd come a little closer to balancing out. But seriously, having worked in government contracting for ~10 years now, there's so much excessive waste that I can't even start to feel bad for reducing the amount of money they get.

tng83
08-06-2015, 09:09 AM
So 10% plus Medicare and state tax? That might keep me around the same as I pay now. So hes gonna raise tax on the poorest and give the rich a massive tax cut? Is that what Im reading?

kenonator
08-06-2015, 09:09 AM

Please enlighten us O'great oracle of tax code!

IronRooster2
08-06-2015, 09:10 AM
So.... $2 trillion annual deficits?

I'm not one of those "inflation isn't real and diminishing returns don't exist" /r/tards, but uh. ****, that debt is pretty meaty.

HubertL
08-06-2015, 09:13 AM
you forgot the 14% one time effective tax on the wealthy to help stimulate balancing our budget.

And we can get rid of excess spending, including stimulating investments, spending, and the economy at the same time to achieve a surplus.

genius

Blakejah
08-06-2015, 09:13 AM
LOL, hey what is this, another Republican telling us that we can have whatever we want for free - and even have taxes cut !! - and....it just gets swallowed down by the American sheeple ?

So Trump's gonna build a giant fence w/mexico, re-do our infrastructure, strengthen the military.....AND dramatically cut taxes !!! Yay, everything will be free !!!

Oh, wait.....he's gonna force China and Mexico to pay for all this sh*t. And they will. No issues there, problem solved.

Sad. Just promise a bunch of free stuff and something for nothing......and you'll get a Republican's vote.

JUSA
08-06-2015, 09:29 AM
Is that even feasible though? That would be a huge hit to the government in tax revenue Maybe, maybe not as bad as you might think. My gut says those making over 1mil/year aren't paying very much as it stands (at least those who are extremely wealthy and take full advantage of loop holes).

The loop holes have to go in order for something like this to even be considered, something I'm more than okay with. At some point, making the tax code a nightmare even accountants have trouble understanding because you want to give some guy credit for buying a horse or some **** just isn't worth it.

Gaindowed
08-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Lower taxes = lower government funding

Hopefully this forces current government agencies to wise up and stop being so wasteful. The mentality will shift to a thought of "Do we need this? Is there a more efficient way?" Rather than the current "Throw as much money cause we get funding anyways"

dhawkeye1980
08-06-2015, 09:39 AM

Also when you have companies like google who make billions but have a ton of exemptions where they only end up paying 3% the jump to 15% would more then make up for it imo

gixxer0.6g
08-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Yep, I think that's were the wealthiest will take the biggest hit. I just pulled up my 2014 1040 and I paid a little over 15% effective tax rate, so I personally would save 5%.

It sounds good at first but lets be real tea. Tax credits and deductions take a huge chunk out of your federal taxes. I want to say after deductions, credits, etc I was just a tad over 10% when it was all said and done. Not much of a savings but if you were a single guy renting an apartment this would be great.

For the poor, unless you're a high school kid, the $30k and under don't pay any federal taxes anyway after all the deductions and credits. In fact, some get a little bump back especially when they have a few kids. But I'm sure they'll all be jumping on Trumps nuts about this.

The ones that this really helps are the 40k to 100k earners which is the bulk of your middle class and the majority of voters. I'd say on average they pay 10-15% effective tax rate. Knock that down to 5% and that's a significant savings for a family. Smart move by Trump.

The wealthy are wealthy for a reason. You see that 40% tax bracket and think we are really sticking it to them. But like said above, they hire some damn good accountants and know where to put their money that they are actually only paying around 10-20%. Some of those sneaky ba$tards hardly pay a dime. But this still accounts for the majority of all income taxes collected. I read the top 5% account for almost half of all income taxes.

All the money the US needs is held by the top 10%. Everyone knows it. But good fukn luck trying to get it from them. You can pick away at wasteful spending but I think it's only a drop in the bucket. The real money is tied up in social security, welfare, medicare and medicaid. Again, good luck cutting those programs. That's a big chunk of the voters too.

Everyone knows that if we need more money we have to go after the wealthy because shipping all the poor to Mexico isn't an option. That ain't easy when they own congress. Running for president is much easier. You just tell the majority what they want to hear which trump clearly did.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z7nC4SooqHw/Uw0JHm31SFI/AAAAAAAAAqs/UgfHHtofTXY/s1600/spending_-_total_spending_pie_2014_big.png
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/2010_US_Tax_Liability_by_Income_Group_-_CBO.png
https://www.nationalpriorities.org/media/uploads/federal_budget_101/Figure8.5.png

just LOL at corporate income tax. smart accountants are smart

CalmWind
08-06-2015, 09:42 AM
I love this. Love it.

We do NOT need to be sending all of our money to Washington and have them create bureaus and programs for us. We can do it ourselves with our own money.

You guys are going to see a President Trump. I just hope he isn't assassinated by the banks before he gets there.

Aesthetical
08-06-2015, 10:07 AM
i'm not too knowledgable on politics/economics, but this sounds like a good idea.

-small businesses will thrive more
-big businesses will have a big surplus of money and will supply more jobs. Since they don't have to lay out the ass, they can hire americans instead of those overseas
-people will have more money, which leads to more money in economy.

I don't see why anyone would vote for sanders imo, because he'll raise taxes on everybody. Raising taxes has hardly ever worked and you can only go so high.

lmfao

CalmWind
08-06-2015, 10:11 AM
lmfao

Yeah i'm with you on that one.

The large national corporations will not help us in any way. They will use their extra money to invest in foreign countries, and build factories in foreign countries, etc......

I abhor large national corporations and I would love to seem them all be abolished. They hurt our economy. I would rather have 1,000 small business owners with 1,000 different Wal-Mart type stores, than 1 Wal-Mart company with 1,000 chain stores. Large corporations concentrate the wealth into too few hands, and deprive us of competing against them and becoming business owners. It also deprives Americans of higher wages. If you have 1 company with 1,000 chain stores and they pay the same standard salary in all of them, how do you negotiate a better salary? However, if you have 1,000 different business owners, they will compete with each other for the services of good employees and raise the standard salary of the industry.

Large corps are bad for everyone involved.

HubertL
08-06-2015, 10:17 AM
I love this. Love it.

We do NOT need to be sending all of our money to Washington and have them create bureaus and programs for us. We can do it ourselves with our own money.

You guys are going to see a President Trump. I just hope he isn't assassinated by the banks before he gets there.

DEMOCRATS BE LIKE
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLlBX5PXAAAhLUl.jpg

Precisely.

And obviously all our problems aren't going to go away with just this. But its a step in the right direction

Luc1fer
08-06-2015, 10:21 AM
It's difficult to trust a word that comes out of Trump's mouth either though. As far as I know, he lied through his teeth in his book just to say what was necessary to maintain business allies. Trump is a businessman, he doesn't care about lying. Are we supposed to believe that he genuinely wants a better America, or that he wants power and to line his pockets even more?

T150
08-06-2015, 10:31 AM
So he wants to increase military spending and provide universal healthcare to everyone, while massively lowering taxes??

lol

Gaindowed
08-06-2015, 10:35 AM
So he wants to increase military spending and provide universal healthcare to everyone, while massively lowering taxes??

lol

What's the problem?

T150
08-06-2015, 10:42 AM
What's the problem?

LOL How do $5 trillion yearly deficits sound? Then to make up for it, other areas of the budget will have to be drastically cut, which Trump hasn't outlined.

Gaindowed
08-06-2015, 10:51 AM
LOL How do $5 trillion yearly deficits sound? Then to make up for it, other areas of the budget will have to be drastically cut, which Trump hasn't outlined.

Cause Trump is a SHAM everytime he talks literally just say WOW

HubertL
08-06-2015, 10:51 AM

OUR DEBT(Accumlated deficits over US history) is 17 Trillion. So technically speaking Obama should have racked up 35 trillion$ since he's been in office.

shut your whore mouth infidel

CalmWind
08-06-2015, 10:53 AM
It's difficult to trust a word that comes out of Trump's mouth either though. As far as I know, he lied through his teeth in his book just to say what was necessary to maintain business allies. Trump is a businessman, he doesn't care about lying. Are we supposed to believe that he genuinely wants a better America, or that he wants power and to line his pockets even more?

Oh, I have said the same thing on this forum. There's no way I can know if he's legit or not. But I'm going to vote for him and take the chance he's legit.

What I do know, is that voting for a maverick businessman like Trump has better odds than voting for the status quo politicians who are bought and paid for by Wall St. anyway.

T150
08-06-2015, 10:57 AM
OUR DEBT(Accumlated deficits over US history) is 17 Trillion. So technically speaking Obama should have racked up 35 trillion$ since he's been in office.

shut your whore mouth infidel

Not technically speaking at all.

Do you even math?

CalmWind
08-06-2015, 11:00 AM

Do you even math?

All you are doing is complaining that Trump didn't release a 300 page explanation that details every aspect of his plan.

The article was meant to give us a glimpse of his plan. We don't have all the details yet. You can relax now.

HubertL
08-06-2015, 11:01 AM

Do you even math?

explain your logic. i'd like to see how you wiggle out of this one

CalmWind
08-06-2015, 11:02 AM
DEMOCRATS BE LIKE
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLlBX5PXAAAhLUl.jpmg]

Precisely.

And obviously all our problems aren't going to go away with just this. But its a step in the right direction
Loved this post, thanks lol

HubertL
08-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Loved this post, thanks lol

haha i died when i saw it too. too true

Do you even math?

its been 30 minutes and you still haven't explained yourself. negged for hyperbolic bullsht in attempt to mislead others

seanb1979
08-06-2015, 11:37 AM

politicians already are guaranteed to lie - with him its at least a lesser known quantity.. im hoping he would at least lie less than current politicians, which nearly everyone on the planet does

DVANPATTEN
08-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Also when you have companies like google who make billions but have a ton of exemptions where they only end up paying 3% the jump to 15% would more then make up for it imo
looking at the services that google provides, I somehow get the feeling that their money is better in their than in the bureaucrats hands

recedingjaw
08-06-2015, 11:53 AM
The main point is that we shouldn't be giving so much of our hard earned money to the government who inefficiently spends it on bureaucracy and pork. End of discussion.

Blakejah
08-06-2015, 11:55 AM

Obama "should have racked up $35 trillion" since he's been in office ? What are you even trying to say ?

Do you even have the slightest comprehension of federal budgeting or fiscal policy ?

Let me give you another free lesson here, son; TOTAL annual federal spending for any year of Obama's term has been in the neighborhood of $3.4 - $3.8 trillion. That includes everything. So you're saying that......not only has the federal govt not taken in a SINGLE CENT of revenue under Obama, Obama has somehow managed to have the federal govt secretly spend MORE than the net of annual spending in his term ?

Junior...please don't vote.

litljay
08-06-2015, 12:06 PM
It sounds good at first but lets be real tea. Tax credits and deductions take a huge chunk out of your federal taxes. I want to say after deductions, credits, etc I was just a tad over 10% when it was all said and done. Not much of a savings but if you were a single guy renting an apartment this would be great. Mine was after credits/deductions also. So, I would still see the savings.

For the poor, unless you're a high school kid, the $30k and under don't pay any federal taxes anyway after all the deductions and credits. In fact, some get a little bump back especially when they have a few kids. But I'm sure they'll all be jumping on Trumps nuts about this. I have 2 issues with the current system for the "poor". 1) I personally believe that everybody should have some skin in the game. Nobody should have a 0 income tax liability. And 2) Using the tax system as another welfare program should be illegal.

The ones that this really helps are the 40k to 100k earners which is the bulk of your middle class and the majority of voters. I'd say on average they pay 10-15% effective tax rate. Knock that down to 5% and that's a significant savings for a family. Smart move by Trump.

The wealthy are wealthy for a reason. You see that 40% tax bracket and think we are really sticking it to them. But like said above, they hire some damn good accountants and know where to put their money that they are actually only paying around 10-20%. Some of those sneaky ba$tards hardly pay a dime. But this still accounts for the majority of all income taxes collected. I read the top 5% account for almost half of all income taxes. This can get sketchy. For example, Romney gave millions to the church which lowered is tax liability. Others donate to other causes. And then, the super rich (Bill Gates, Buffet, etc.) set up a foundation to donate. These are all ways to lower your tax liability. Essentially, what you're doing is choosing where to send the tax instead of giving it to the government to choose for you.

All the money the US needs is held by the top 10%. Everyone knows it. But good fukn luck trying to get it from them. You can pick away at wasteful spending but I think it's only a drop in the bucket. The real money is tied up in social security, welfare, medicare and medicaid. Again, good luck cutting those programs. That's a big chunk of the voters too.

Everyone knows that if we need more money we have to go after the wealthy because shipping all the poor to Mexico isn't an option. That ain't easy when they own congress. Running for president is much easier. You just tell the majority what they want to hear which trump clearly did.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z7nC4SooqHw/Uw0JHm31SFI/AAAAAAAAAqs/UgfHHtofTXY/s1600/spending_-_total_spending_pie_2014_big.png[img]
[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/2010_US_Tax_Liability_by_Income_Group_-_CBO.png[img]
[img]https://www.nationalpriorities.org/media/uploads/federal_budget_101/Figure8.5.png[img]

just LOL at corporate income tax. smart accountants are smart

See above bolded. I also have a pholosophy about corporate taxes, but I'll save it for another time.

Rolling
08-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Yeah i'm with you on that one.

The large national corporations will not help us in any way. They will use their extra money to invest in foreign countries, and build factories in foreign countries, etc......

I abhor large national corporations and I would love to seem them all be abolished. They hurt our economy. I would rather have 1,000 small business owners with 1,000 different Wal-Mart type stores, than 1 Wal-Mart company with 1,000 chain stores. Large corporations concentrate the wealth into too few hands, and deprive us of competing against them and becoming business owners. It also deprives Americans of higher wages. If you have 1 company with 1,000 chain stores and they pay the same standard salary in all of them, how do you negotiate a better salary? However, if you have 1,000 different business owners, they will compete with each other for the services of good employees and raise the standard salary of the industry.

Large corps are bad for everyone involved.

Please tell me this is trolling

DidNotReadL0L
08-06-2015, 03:13 PM
- Those making up to $30,000 will pay 1 percent.
- Income from $30,000 to $100,000 results in a flat 5 percent.
- $100,000 to $1 million income will be taxed at 10 percent.
- On $1 million or above will be taxed 15 percent.

Seems legit. Can't stump the trump!

middle class getting phucked hard
dude making 30k should absolutely not be in the same bracket as 90k brah
and the guy with 120k paying the same as a bro with 900k, just lol

Pissbeerbreh
08-06-2015, 03:50 PM
I agree it's a great, straightforward plan, but isn't this basically what liberals have been harping on about for years? More taxes for the rich and less for the working class/poor?

seanb1979
08-06-2015, 04:17 PM
I agree it's a great, straightforward plan, but isn't this basically what liberals have been harping on about for years? More taxes for the rich and less for the working class/poor?

The poor already pay basically nothing. The middle class gets boned disproportionately. This seems mostly geared towards them.

BioDiver
08-06-2015, 04:22 PM

Reduce spending (who gets how much cut is where it gets hairy)
Increased sales tax
Increased tariffs
Increase taxes on booze, gas, cigs, weed, etc.

hobo4president
08-06-2015, 05:03 PM
If they cut income tax how are they going to make up for lost revenue? A bunch of you guys keep saying 'the government is so wasteful' well that might be true but if that wasteful spending isn't fixed before a system like this is implemented there are going to be massive problems.

Also how is this going to 'boost the economy'? Big businesses aren't going to make more jobs they're going to outsource to poorer countries.

I just hope he isn't assassinated by the banks before he gets there.

Lol

BrocepCurls
08-06-2015, 05:07 PM
He wants to provide universal healthcare with this amount of tax revenue? At this point you guys should stop talking about how awesome he is, and come to the realisation that hes full of ****.

nutsy54
08-06-2015, 05:07 PM
So... Has anyone (including Trump) done the math to figure out the actual revenue of this plan?

JB05
08-06-2015, 05:08 PM
He's still keeping a progressive income tax structure. Sure, each level is "flat" just like it is now. That's not what a flat tax is. A flat tax is where you have a FLAT tax rate. Period. No brackets.

So basically he wants to get rid of all the tax loopholes? LOL. The lobbyists and their agents in Congress will never let that crap go away, nor vote against things like the home mortgage tax credit, because voters might actually pay attention to that.

So basically, Trump's tax plan is either unrealistic or more of the same... this is why The Donald should stick to his reality shows with the Real Housewives and leave important policy discussions to the adults.

GhenghisPWN
08-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Shifting the brackets and changing the rates does not simplify the tax code. Just makes a printed tax table look cleaner. Do not count on using a post card to report your tax anytime soon.

CPA crew.