PDA

View Full Version : B-Wagz gettin SIGNED

ruskism
08-02-2015, 01:50 AM
I get to call him B Wagz because I'm from Seattle so he's basically my best friend.

You guys get to call him Mr. Fukk your running back aka Mr. Lol top 5 MLB aka Mr. Remember when Peyton could direct MLBs off the ball?

Seahawks BACK TO THE SUPERBOWLLLLL

ruskism
08-02-2015, 08:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/UC3puWo.jpg

reverse79
08-02-2015, 08:56 AM
the nfc has so many potato defenses right now outside of az and st louis.....seattle will probably walk into the super bowl..srs

johnnyboi123
08-02-2015, 09:02 AM
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/MMK4HkrT_Kknf0wQa_R-ROI2PLs=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3366162/PATSPATSPATS.0.gif

ruskism
08-02-2015, 09:18 AM
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/MMK4HkrT_Kknf0wQa_R-ROI2PLs=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3366162/PATSPATSPATS.0.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hcijri2uHck/VLb7NISmHqI/AAAAAAAAqRo/HhsVZwaq-gk/s1600/russell_WilsonFishing.gif

HoustonMiscer
08-02-2015, 09:44 AM
OP I can't bench 200 lbs which used to be my weight. I can barely do 195. How do I fix this?

ruskism
08-02-2015, 10:04 AM
OP I can't bench 200 lbs which used to be my weight. I can barely do 195. How do I fix this?

By not being a Texans fan.

SpiritFighter
08-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Can't pay chancellor, Sherman and Thomas they said.

Can't pay chancellor, sherman, Thomas and lynch they said

Can't pay chancellor, Sherman, Thomas, lynch and Wilson they said

Can't pay chancellor, Sherman, Thomas, lynch, Wilson and Wagner they said

Brb, do all that plus add graham

reverse79
08-02-2015, 01:04 PM

brb - any one of those players injured - goodnight sweet expectations

ruskism
08-02-2015, 01:12 PM

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191s06rwtuk0lgif/original.gif

leakypipe23
08-02-2015, 01:33 PM
brb - any one of those players injured - goodnight sweet expectations

I think they are actually deeper this year than last year.

UWofPeace
08-02-2015, 02:01 PM
By not being a Texans fan.

Just work on taking gayboi gym selfies in the bathroom with your boyfriends. And make terrible homer posts daily, with these changes you will see incredible strength gains.

117Jesus
08-02-2015, 03:53 PM
the nfc has so many potato defenses right now outside of az and st louis.....seattle will probably walk into the super bowl..srs

We talking about the same AZ defense that Seattle tore up for over 600 yards last year?

CurryTech777
08-02-2015, 03:58 PM
We talking about the same AZ defense that Seattle tore up for over 600 yards last year?

they were banged up

ruskism
08-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Just work on taking gayboi gym selfies in the bathroom with your boyfriends. And make terrible homer posts daily, with these changes you will see incredible strength gains.

$10 says if you meet me in the U-district today, I'll take your virginity, boy.

MYOFIBRAH
08-02-2015, 05:35 PM

cant beat the Cowboys they said.

well at least some of them were right.

UWofPeace
08-02-2015, 07:45 PM
$10 says if you meet me in the U-district today, I'll take your virginity, boy.

lmao, please go easy

notWilliam
08-02-2015, 08:59 PM
hmmm, interesting move considering the leagues approach towards valuing LBs.

UWofPeace
08-02-2015, 10:03 PM
hmmm, interesting move considering the leagues approach towards valuing LBs.

It makes sense, a LB can be vital in almost any play. They can rush and mess up blocking schemes and harass the QB or they can hang back and play some basic coverage. Really LB is a very versatile position, a cadre of unique LB's could really disorient the opposing offense and swing the game in your favor.

UWofPeace
08-02-2015, 10:03 PM
Brah Rusky what you think about Jimmy Graham?

notWilliam
08-03-2015, 01:02 AM
It makes sense, a LB can be vital in almost any play. They can rush and mess up blocking schemes and harass the QB or they can hang back and play some basic coverage. Really LB is a very versatile position, a cadre of unique LB's could really disorient the opposing offense and swing the game in your favor.

? the league is undervaluing LBs

Waka_Flocka
08-03-2015, 01:05 AM
B $Wagz

JUGGERNAUT1333
08-03-2015, 04:51 AM
I'm impressed with the ability to sign so many top tier players.....

Top 5 Corner
Top 5 Safety
Top 5 MLB
Top 5 RB
Not top 5 QB but paid like it
top 5 TE

Wonder how much cap room they have left.....does anyone have that figure?

iamgenus
08-03-2015, 05:42 AM

I think most people said you can't keep all your star players, last I checked 6 guys don't make a roster. Seattle has done a great job getting all their core young guys signed but you did just have to cut Tony McDaniel. The guy may not be a star player but iirc he was a starter.

Not to mention you have several guys bitching about new contracts in Chancellor and Bennett. When you have so much invested in your core group you better make sure every cheap FA signing and your draft is knocked out of the park. Schneider is one of the best GMs in the game but that's still tough to do.

Certainly the team has done a good job extending their window to win championships but if the injury bug does hit will they have the depth they need to get through it?

iamgenus
08-03-2015, 05:45 AM
I'm impressed with the ability to sign so many top tier players.....

Top 5 Corner
Top 5 Safety
Top 5 MLB
Top 5 RB
Not top 5 QB but paid like it
top 5 TE

Wonder how much cap room they have left.....does anyone have that figure?

Very impressive but it does help when most of those guys outside of Earl Thomas were later round picks which means they've been playing at very cheap contracts so the guaranteed big money they get when they extend is too tough to pass up just to get a chance to hit the FA market since you're risking injury by doing so. And they signed 2 top 5 safeties. IMO the top 2 safeties actually in Thomas and Chancellor, no better duo in the NFL right now.

CobyWan
08-03-2015, 06:50 PM
I think most people said you can't keep all your star players, last I checked 6 guys don't make a roster. Seattle has done a great job getting all their core young guys signed but you did just have to cut Tony McDaniel. The guy may not be a star player but iirc he was a starter.

Not to mention you have several guys bitching about new contracts in Chancellor and Bennett. When you have so much invested in your core group you better make sure every cheap FA signing and your draft is knocked out of the park. Schneider is one of the best GMs in the game but that's still tough to do.

Certainly the team has done a good job extending their window to win championships but if the injury bug does hit will they have the depth they need to get through it?

McDaniels was clearly a cap casualty and he's a legit starter somewhere. I expect him to catch on somewhere quickly. But if Mebane and Hill were both healthy at the end of the season McDaniels would be a rotation tackle. Mebane is proven in the league but down the stretch Hill showed he is the future for the Seahawks.

But yes it is unsettling that Kam, Bennett, Irvin and Wagner before he was signed have all expressed displeasure about their contract situation. But I suppose it's to be expected to some extent with the levels of individual success combined with team success.

Off topic there are whispers that Cary Williams will be cut by the time the regular season starts. If some of the young lesser known guys show they are close to his production the Hawks have proven the best man will play and cutting Williams will save money. A lot of people forget it happened to Antoine Winfield too.

UWofPeace
08-03-2015, 08:05 PM
? the league is undervaluing LBs

No, I'm not saying that I'm just telling the guy above why they are so vital.

iamgenus
08-04-2015, 06:01 AM
McDaniels was clearly a cap casualty and he's a legit starter somewhere. I expect him to catch on somewhere quickly. But if Mebane and Hill were both healthy at the end of the season McDaniels would be a rotation tackle. Mebane is proven in the league but down the stretch Hill showed he is the future for the Seahawks.

But yes it is unsettling that Kam, Bennett, Irvin and Wagner before he was signed have all expressed displeasure about their contract situation. But I suppose it's to be expected to some extent with the levels of individual success combined with team success.

Off topic there are whispers that Cary Williams will be cut by the time the regular season starts. If some of the young lesser known guys show they are close to his production the Hawks have proven the best man will play and cutting Williams will save money. A lot of people forget it happened to Antoine Winfield too.

I think as fans we always want to believe that our homegrown talent want to stick around and take hometown discounts but at the end of the day most of these guys want to get paid. Seattle definitely is following a great blue print here but they're also very lucky to have drafted so well that outside of Earl Thomas none of their key guys were early first rounders. Most of these young guys who were drafted later simply cannot pass up the guaranteed money they get when they sign an extension so teams have the upper hand and unless they're in horrible cap shape it's usually not a big deal to get them extended. The hard part will be keeping all of them together for the next contract time.

As for Cary Williams i can't stand that dude so I hope he gets a roster spot so I can hate Seattle even more :)

leakypipe23
08-04-2015, 09:29 AM
I think as fans we always want to believe that our homegrown talent want to stick around and take hometown discounts but at the end of the day most of these guys want to get paid. Seattle definitely is following a great blue print here but they're also very lucky to have drafted so well that outside of Earl Thomas none of their key guys were early first rounders. Most of these young guys who were drafted later simply cannot pass up the guaranteed money they get when they sign an extension so teams have the upper hand and unless they're in horrible cap shape it's usually not a big deal to get them extended. The hard part will be keeping all of them together for the next contract time.

As for Cary Williams i can't stand that dude so I hope he gets a roster spot so I can hate Seattle even more :)

I've got bad news for you if you think it is luck.

iamgenus
08-04-2015, 10:10 AM
I've got bad news for you if you think it is luck.

Yeah...it is and you're ignorant if you think otherwise.

Schneider is one of the best GMs in the game but the draft is mostly luck. If they thought Chancellor, Sherman and Wilson were this good they would've drafted them earlier and not risk another team drafting them.

leakypipe23
08-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Yeah...it is and you're ignorant if you think otherwise.

Schneider is one of the best GMs in the game but the draft is mostly luck. If they thought Chancellor, Sherman and Wilson were this good they would've drafted them earlier and not risk another team drafting them.

Virtually all of their draft picks have certain things in common. I would say it's "ignorant" for you to think you know more about the drafting philosophies of the Seattle FO better than I do. It is not luck.

And part of the draft is getting the best possible value for your picks. Why take Russell in the first round when you believe you can get him in the third?

iamgenus
08-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Virtually all of their draft picks have certain things in common. I would say it's "ignorant" for you to think you know more about the drafting philosophies of the Seattle FO better than I do. It is not luck.

And part of the draft is getting the best possible value for your picks. Why take Russell in the first round when you believe you can get him in the third?

Yeah...I'm sure they knew how good Chancellor and Sherman were and decided to draft John Moffitt and EJ Wilson over them.

You want to talk about being ignorant, the idea that Seahawks knew how great those guys would be and drafted several stiff a few rounds before them and also allowed 31 other franchises a chance to draft them is the definition of ignorant.

It's like the Pats fans saying that drafting of Tom Brady wasn't luck. It's easy to sit back and say "that was the plan all along my team knew what they were doing" but that's just stupid and LUCK.

If teams know a certain player is going to be arguably the best at their position they're going to draft them as early as possible.

leakypipe23
08-04-2015, 11:44 AM
KJ Wright
Sherman
Wagner
Russell
Kam
Earl

Plus UDFAs
Doug
Kearse

After this year I bet I will be able to add to the list:
Richardson
TLock
Marsh
Hill
Simon

"Luck". Got it.

I encourage you to look in to what SPARQ is. Your sig is quite ironic.

iamgenus
08-04-2015, 12:19 PM
KJ Wright
Sherman
Wagner
Russell
Kam
Earl

Plus UDFAs
Doug
Kearse

After this year I bet I will be able to add to the list:
Richardson
TLock
Marsh
Hill
Simon

"Luck". Got it.

I encourage you to look in to what SPARQ is. Your sig is quite ironic.

I don't get you man. Sometimes you seem to be level headed and there are other times where you come off dumb as fuk.

Kicking ass in the draft is the best way to have a successful team - this is what the Seahawks have done. However only an ignorant fool would think that drafting elite level players in rounds 4 and higher isn't luck.

Unless you're picking #1 overall there is a level of luck involved.

49ers drafting Jerry Rice was luck.
49ers drafting Joe Montana was luck and he was actually a fall back plan after Phil Simms was already drafted.

Where skill is involved is scouting, building your boards but when it comes down to it on draft day you need luck to land some of those players.

You could make a case of Wilson that he was short and they felt they could get him later and needed to address a pass rusher in Irvin and Wagner first. But you can't sit here and pretend that Chancellor and Sherman went where Seattle had them pegged because they knew they would be there. If they knew Sherman would be one of the best corners in the game and Chancellor would be the best safety in the game they wouldn't have drafted players who are no longer in the league or doing nothing ahead of them.

Draft is mostly luck. Nothing wrong with admitting it. Doesn't change the fact that Schneider has been superb at drafting late in the draft but it does require luck.

reverse79
08-04-2015, 12:24 PM
lol @ congratulating schneider on his offensive draft pics outside of wilson/tate

dude went out and got jimmy graham so he can "block" more for seattle - would you consider this a smart move?

inb4 but bro, goal lines

leakypipe23
08-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Draft is mostly luck.

That's just not something I'm going to agree with you on. Sure, it depends on how the draft falls, but that's why you scout the other teams for their needs and predict what they are gonna do. Find your guys and draft them when you can get the best value. Pete the past two years has tweeted out clues before the draft about who they are going to take, and they have landed all but a handful. Did they know Sherm was gonna be an All-Pro when they took him in the 5th round? No, of course not. But, they knew what type of player they wanted and when they should select him. I'm not sure Sherm becomes an All Pro on another team. Pete knows secondary guys, and the way Kris Richard was taught them to play the past couple of years upped their collective and individual games.

Seattle has proven they can take guys in the late rounds and turn them in to stars. They are putting an emphasis on the UDFA market. They took a DL in Sweezy and turned him in to a road grater of a Guard. Sure, they've had some misfires (Wilson and Durham specifically), but it's more than luck. High volume drafting and snagging UDFAs along with the guys they redshirt each year puts them in the position ot sign their elite level guys.

Virtually all their draftees this year are SPARQ monsters. Seisay who they just picked up? SPARQ monster. Chip is the other one who drafts a bunch of them. That's not luck. That's knowing what you want and working the system better than every other team.

leakypipe23
08-04-2015, 09:21 PM
lol @ congratulating schneider on his offensive draft pics outside of wilson/tate

dude went out and got jimmy graham so he can "block" more for seattle - would you consider this a smart move?

inb4 but bro, goal lines

I'd say more third down and red zone. How do you stop a read option with Jimmy lined up wide?

Seattle just doesn't draft that many offensive guys. OL, and some receivers and that is about it. Christine Michael has the skills to be a beast if they can figure out a way to get him on the field. TLock will make an impact this year.

iamgenus
08-05-2015, 07:00 AM
That's just not something I'm going to agree with you on. Sure, it depends on how the draft falls, but that's why you scout the other teams for their needs and predict what they are gonna do. Find your guys and draft them when you can get the best value. Pete the past two years has tweeted out clues before the draft about who they are going to take, and they have landed all but a handful. Did they know Sherm was gonna be an All-Pro when they took him in the 5th round? No, of course not. But, they knew what type of player they wanted and when they should select him. I'm not sure Sherm becomes an All Pro on another team. Pete knows secondary guys, and the way Kris Richard was taught them to play the past couple of years upped their collective and individual games.

Seattle has proven they can take guys in the late rounds and turn them in to stars. They are putting an emphasis on the UDFA market. They took a DL in Sweezy and turned him in to a road grater of a Guard. Sure, they've had some misfires (Wilson and Durham specifically), but it's more than luck. High volume drafting and snagging UDFAs along with the guys they redshirt each year puts them in the position ot sign their elite level guys.

Virtually all their draftees this year are SPARQ monsters. Seisay who they just picked up? SPARQ monster. Chip is the other one who drafts a bunch of them. That's not luck. That's knowing what you want and working the system better than every other team.

Obviously we're not going to agree because you've got blinders on.

If you have a perfect draft where each guy is a star you'd be on to something. Even then it's still luck unless you own the first pick in the draft.

You could have player A identified as the best guy in the draft. Doesn't mean he's going to fall to you and if they felt that strongly about those players they wouldn't have drafted bums ahead of them.

Like I said there's nothing wrong admitting the draft is part luck. It's not all luck obviously because you need to identify the guys who fit your system very well and who have the personality to work their asses off to get better and better and draft them when they fall to you but you still need luck to make sure those guys actually are there when your picks come up.

And SPARQ is nothing special. Most of the league wants to draft athletes it's the mental aspect of the game that takes those guys to the next level and sometimes not even that helps. Tim Tebow iirc has a pretty high SPARQ rating it doesn't help with his accuracy.

The best GMs in the game understand their scheme and draft guys who fit it to a T. It kind of goes hand in hand the best drafting teams are the ones who have consistency in scheme and coaching. Seattle is no different.

leakypipe23
08-05-2015, 12:24 PM
SPARQ means the least for QBs, but okay. Seattle having the fastest LBs in the league isn't a coincidence. Sure, you have to have the mental aspect in order to succeed (see: Curry, Aaron), but they love freak athletes. That's why they brought Percy in and unfortunately let Golden go to keep him. (Side note: Percy is still talking about how the situation was his fault. Whatever, buddy)

Writing SPARQ off as "nothing special" is just silly. Focusing on it is one of the many ways Pete is changing the game. Find the freaks that have the mindset to back it up, and you get the exact guys you want. Not much luck to that, except for if they fall to you or not I suppose. That's why they cluster guys together that they want according to the picks that they have. Hell, rumor has it Ozzie Newsome usually has a very small number of names on his draft board. They know who they want and when they should select them for the best value.

iamgenus
08-05-2015, 01:14 PM
SPARQ means the least for QBs, but okay. Seattle having the fastest LBs in the league isn't a coincidence. Sure, you have to have the mental aspect in order to succeed (see: Curry, Aaron), but they love freak athletes. That's why they brought Percy in and unfortunately let Golden go to keep him. (Side note: Percy is still talking about how the situation was his fault. Whatever, buddy)

Writing SPARQ off as "nothing special" is just silly. Focusing on it is one of the many ways Pete is changing the game. Find the freaks that have the mindset to back it up, and you get the exact guys you want. Not much luck to that, except for if they fall to you or not I suppose. That's why they cluster guys together that they want according to the picks that they have. Hell, rumor has it Ozzie Newsome usually has a very small number of names on his draft board. They know who they want and when they should select them for the best value.

Hey it's obviously working for Seattle so more power to them. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.

However what makes those picks so successful and you even alluded to it earlier is the scheme and coaching they have in place.

49ers for years could seemingly plug in anyone at OL and the line would produce great results when Bobb McKittrick was coaching it. Since he's been gone it's been hot/cold despite them spending early picks on linemen.

There is a reason the more successful teams draft wise have consistency at GM and coaching ranks. Obviously it's a bit of a chicken or the egg scenario but if you're drafting guys just because they're great athletes it only takes you so far - see Oakland.

If you're drafting good athletes who love the game and work hard, take to coaching and match the scheme you want to run then odds are you're going to do well in the draft. But you should take SPARQ for what it is...a test created by Nike to grade athletes. Baalke likes his big athletes as well but not being on the same page with the HC hurts his drafting and sometimes guys just can't get it together. Vance McDonald certainly has some good skillsets for a TE except the guy can't catch the damn ball and may be on the way out.

I would imagine AJ Jenkins had a relatively high SPARQ rating and he washed out real quick just because he was mentally weak and soft and that year Baalke went against his usual drafting methods just to add speed to the offense. Looking back at that 2012 draft is clearly where Seattle overshot the niners. Comparing those drafts for the two franchises is downright disgusting.

bigcc
08-05-2015, 01:14 PM
wagner makes chump change til the 4th year where the dead cap from trading/cutting/restructuring him wouldn't be a big hit.

Having him for 3 years where his largest cap hit is 7.6 mil is one hell of a steal, essentially he is signed for 5 years, and making 28/43 the last two years.... they obviously plan to restructure that

leakypipe23
08-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Looking back at that 2012 draft is clearly where Seattle overshot the niners. Comparing those drafts for the two franchises is ****ing awesome.

Fixed.

iamgenus
08-05-2015, 01:18 PM
fixed.

pov :(