PDA

View Full Version : Pre Existing Fat Cells

HowarthJT
07-31-2015, 05:54 PM
I used to be pretty heavy at 250 pounds but I had very little muscle. I lost weight but I hear that fat cells only shrink, once you have them they're there for life. My question is this: Is there any specific way I should base my macros having previously been heavy and having a lot of fat? I know that it doesn't matter once you hit your pro and fat mins but since I have existing fat cells, would it be more beneficial to have more calories coming from fat/carb/pro when in a surplus to minimize fat gain?

sevenhm
07-31-2015, 05:58 PM
No. To minimize fat gain bulk slow. Aim to gain at a rate of 1-1.5lbs per 2 weeks. Only make adjustments on a 2 week basis of 100kcal of whichever macronutrient you prefer. That being said if you feel like carbs make you bloated,sleepy then raise via fats/protein.

HowarthJT
07-31-2015, 06:03 PM
No. To minimize fat gain bulk slow. Aim to gain at a rate of 1-1.5lbs per 2 weeks. Only make adjustments on a 2 week basis of 100kcal of whichever macronutrient you prefer. That being said if you feel like carbs make you bloated,sleepy then raise via fats/protein.

Thanks!

Is there anything that fats do like how you said "feel like carbs make you bloated, sleepy"?

sevenhm
07-31-2015, 06:08 PM
Generally no, at least not to the degree that carbs do. However, for some people higher fat tends to just make them feel sluggish.

boo99
07-31-2015, 06:40 PM
Thanks!

Is there anything that fats do like how you said "feel like carbs make you bloated, sleepy"?

Howarth buddy, how are you!

fats could make you feel more satisfied, that is what I get from them, best thing to do is prevent gaining too much too soon while bulking

I'll pm you on other forum :)

magician27
07-31-2015, 06:41 PM
nah, being former fat makes no difference. i am one myself. if you eat right amount of cals you will be fine. i was eating 500 carbs when i was bulking

HowarthJT
07-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Howarth buddy, how are you!

fats could make you feel more satisfied, that is what I get from them, best thing to do is prevent gaining too much too soon while bulking

I'll pm you on other forum :)

Good! trying to gain! slowly but surely this time :P been at 185 for what feels like a few months now. Feeling so small :(

nah, being former fat makes no difference. i am one myself. if you eat right amount of cals you will be fine. i was eating 500 carbs when i was bulking

Yeah my carbs have been pretty high so far, I've been remaining pretty lean. However a few days when I ate more fats I noticed my scale weight jump up a few pounds. Would have expected the opposite effect tho lol

boo99
07-31-2015, 10:19 PM
Good! trying to gain! slowly but surely this time :P been at 185 for what feels like a few months now. Feeling so small :(

Yeah my carbs have been pretty high so far, I've been remaining pretty lean. However a few days when I ate more fats I noticed my scale weight jump up a few pounds. Would have expected the opposite effect tho lol

hey Howarth

slowly is good, wouldnt pay too much attention with just a few days and scale changes right away, could be a lot of variables in such a short time