PDA

View Full Version : Low fat diet for one week bad?

Tal106
07-30-2015, 01:53 PM
I basically had 3 huge "cheat days" last week while I was on holiday. I didn't track my macros or calories but I did eat like a mad man and was really, really really far over them. I had a lot of fat and

This week I haven't been hungry at all, so I've just ate at a deficit and my weight has returned to normal after having gained like 12lbs. The fat in my diet has been very low this week, probably anywhere between 20-40g each day. Would this have been detrimental in any way? I assume my body has been digesting the fat from the really high fat/carb days for a while anyway

NoDestroyingMe
07-30-2015, 01:56 PM
It wouldn't recommend yo-yoing your fat levels. Just because you had a high level of fat the week before doesn't mean you should compensate with a very low-fat week. I would am more towards your "baseline" fat intake, a little less if so.

Tal106
07-30-2015, 02:05 PM
It wouldn't recommend yo-yoing your fat levels. Just because you had a high level of fat the week before doesn't mean you should compensate with a very low-fat week. I would am more towards your "baseline" fat intake, a little less if so.

My skin broke out after all the crappy food, I was all bloated and watery plus my appetite went down the drain so I just stuck mostly with the bro foods when I was hungry hence my low fat intake. Kind of wish I just went low carb instead though, just for a week to flush out all the water I gained but what's done is done.

Back to normal 60g+ fat intake this week, I can't see there being much harm in a week of low fat but maybe I'm wrong

sevenhm
07-30-2015, 02:13 PM
My skin broke out after all the crappy food, I was all bloated and watery plus my appetite went down the drain so I just stuck mostly with the bro foods when I was hungry hence my low fat intake. Kind of wish I just went low carb instead though, just for a week to flush out all the water I gained but what's done is done.

Back to normal 60g+ fat intake this week, I can't see there being much harm in a week of low fat but maybe I'm wrong

One week isn't a big deal but if its frequent enough and your overall dietary fat average is below your minimum it may start to have an adverse affect.

EjnarKolinkar
07-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Why not just go back to a sensible intake?

Tal106
07-30-2015, 02:37 PM
Why not just go back to a sensible intake?

I'm going to go back to my normal intake now, just wondered if a week of low fat would make any difference

Oinkerjnn
07-30-2015, 02:40 PM
I would tend to doubt it. If a week of high fat doesn't make a significant difference why would a week of low fat?

I just had a binge week as well (vacation) and gained seven pounds. As of yesterday I went back to just eating my normal calories and macros as well as my lifting routine. I feel great right now. Felt the same way you describe a couple days ago.

Tal106
07-30-2015, 02:43 PM
I would tend to doubt it. If a week of high fat doesn't make a significant difference why would a week of low fat?

I just had a binge week as well (vacation) and gained seven pounds. As of yesterday I went back to just eating my normal calories and macros as well as my lifting routine. I feel great right now. Felt the same way you describe a couple days ago.

True, just wondered. I'm usually well above my fat intake since I love peanut butter but this past week I haven't been able to stomach it since I ate a huge jar of it over 2 days

It felt so good at the time but I really went overboard hence the 12lb gain. Couldn't believe it but I also can't believe after one week of eating at a deficit I'm already back to where I was, although I still look a little bit more watery than what I did or else I actually did gain a bit of fat. Or maybe it's all in my head, I'm the same weight as I was before and I actually gained strength