PDA

View Full Version : Drinkable after workout meal

AndyMK
07-27-2015, 01:14 AM
Hi guys can anyone suggest a mix of a shake I can make at home and drink on the way back from the gym at lunchtime? Needs to be enough to sustain me for three hours until I can get home, but it will be the first meal I eat of the day as Im doing the 16/8 IF (please don't turn this post into an anti-IF post - I'm not looking for any opinions on that).

My boss - a classic hater who sits opposite me - has banned me from eating after my lunch break (understandably I guess). Currently Im breaking my fast with a protein shake, a high protein sandwich and Greek yoghurt with berries. Any suggestions of a good drink would be gratefully received. I'm thinking oats, protein shake and other goodies but not sure what.

PS no PB please :O)

gbullock32
07-27-2015, 01:28 AM
Dick Boss...

Oats, PB2 (or another powdered nut product), scoop of protein powder, maybe some malted milk powder. That will keep well and all you need to do is add water and shake, should keep you pretty full; can also grab a protein bar maybe and eat that fast?

bestellenpreis
07-27-2015, 02:31 AM
Chocolate milk may be the best thing to drink after you workout.

Scientists have found that the beverage has all the nutrients that your body needs to replenish itself from exercising.

AndyMK
07-27-2015, 03:37 AM
They both sound great - thank you both. Anything savoury possibly, that could be made the night before (I know green shakes should be made just before drinking to stop the nutrition reducing but working in an office, that isn't an option).

anonymous
07-28-2015, 06:04 AM