PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired, carbs, and tweak this diet?

GeorgeFL
07-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Hello all,

I am a 41 yr old male who has hired a pro body builder who has also given me a meal plan and adjusts things as I see him. The problem is I have been feeling tired all day. Just a lack of energy and wondering if it's due to me not having any carbs but from what I understand, I am getting carbs from the vegetables just not sure if these are the carbs that are to give me the energy that I am missing. I have lost 22 pounds in 10 weeks and looking the best I have in years. Forgive me but I'm trying still learning as I continue on this journey.

This is what I'm currently eating daily:

Meal 1 3 egg whites or protein shake.
Meal 2 3oz cod, 3oz green beans
Meal 3 3oz chicken, 5 oz broccoli
Meal 4 3oz cod, 5 oz green beans
Meal 5 3oz chicken, 5oz broccoli

Oh one more thing, should I be timing my workouts so that I have to eat a meal right after I exercise? I can tell my body wants to eat after I workout and also, since I'm low on energy, why would he not have me eating sweet potato's after a workout. While I'm going to ask him these questions, I just want to bounce them off you guys for more info.

All advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

sevenhm
07-26-2015, 01:46 PM
You don't have to have a meal right after exercise. If you want to eat right away do so. No need to make more threads just fire him and educate yourself.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168426223

Please refer to:
Calculating Calories and Macronutrients (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183)
Nutrition For Newbies & Must Read Threads (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851)
Discretionary Calorie Allowance (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133634471)
The dirt on clean eating (http://wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/)

Gxp23
07-26-2015, 01:48 PM
That is one terrible diet friend, wheres the fats?

GeorgeFL
07-26-2015, 01:50 PM
@Sevenhm - Thank you!

@Gxp23 - Can you please suggest me some and when is best to have them?

ironwill2008
07-26-2015, 01:53 PM
Hello all,

I am a 41 yr old male who has hired a pro body builder who has also given me a meal plan and adjusts things as I see him. The problem is I have been feeling tired all day. Just a lack of energy and wondering if it's due to me not having any carbs but from what I understand, I am getting carbs from the vegetables just not sure if these are the carbs that are to give me the energy that I am missing. I have lost 22 pounds in 10 weeks and looking the best I have in years. Forgive me but I'm trying still learning as I continue on this journey.

Oh one more thing, should I be timing my workouts so that I have to eat a meal right after I exercise? I can tell my body wants to eat after I workout and also, since I'm low on energy, why would he not have me eating sweet potato's after a workout. While I'm going to ask him these questions, I just want to bounce them off you guys for more info.

All advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

You should be asking these questions of the guy you're paying.

The only comment I'll add is that with losing that much weight that quickly, and eating practically zero carbs and even less fat, it's no small wonder why you have no energy. You'll have to decide for yourself if your results are worth the sacrifice.

Gxp23
07-26-2015, 01:54 PM
@Sevenhm - Thank you!

@Gxp23 - Can you please suggest me some and when is best to have them?

Refer to the links provided in post #2.

Oinkerjnn
07-26-2015, 02:09 PM
The concept of paying somebody to create a diet, and then having that person create that particular diet for you, is a bit beyond me.

If you're looking for unsustainable water weight losses your diet looks perfect for that, but for long term health, fat loss, and strength gains, it is way off.

EjnarKolinkar
07-26-2015, 02:12 PM

How much longer you supposed to eat this, when is the show?

Looks like abject misery. I mean it's about the hardest diet to sustain for any period OP. Low fat, low carbs, and low cals.

GeorgeFL
07-26-2015, 02:19 PM
@GXP23 - It says 1.5 per day of sodium but then it says 3.8 per day of salt. Please forgive me but aren't they the same thing? So do I take 1.5 grams or 3.8 per day?

@ironwill2008 - Can you please tell me what I should add then?

ironwill2008
07-26-2015, 02:26 PM
@ironwill2008 - Can you please tell me what I should add then?

You need to scrap that whole thing and start over again. The info in the links provided to you in post #2 will get you headed in the right direction.

magician27
07-26-2015, 02:49 PM
get rid of that pro bodybuilder please.

jonnicola
07-26-2015, 04:33 PM
'pro' bodybuilder= not sheriff natty

hit your protein/fat macros, get a decent spread of micros, and hit your calorie goal for the day

thats all there is for nutrition. no 'meal plans' needed unless you are literally incapable of feeding yourself.

ErikTheElectric
07-26-2015, 07:07 PM
Hello all,

All advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

^^ Not surprising.

I'd advise that you can him, and read the stickied threads.

GeorgeFL
07-27-2015, 02:09 PM
Thank you all for your input and advise. I appreciate you all.