PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to eat 4k calories for under $5 a day?

HypoLiize
07-24-2015, 10:16 PM
Title says^
Is it possible to eat 4k calories for under $5 a day?

Im on a very limited budget and Would like some insight. Looking to lean towards GOMAD.

markdoddridge
07-24-2015, 10:28 PM
Of course. You could go to a butcher and buy 20 pounds of pure pork fat, that would last you a month or so at 4k calories a day. It wouldn't be good for gains.

On that kind of budget I would honestly eat nothing but cans of tuna all day, at least you would get a lot of protein. Why do you need to eat 4k calories a day? Unless your trying to get seriously fat, have a superhuman metabolism, or are 300 lbs of solid muscle your headed straight for obesity.

Edit: just saw that you deadlift 460. If your doing a high volume routine with the goal being strength I could see eating 4k calories a day. You've got your work cut out for u on $5 a day, cans of tuna would probably do it though.

HypoLiize
07-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Of course. You could go to a butcher and buy 20 pounds of pure pork fat, that would last you a month or so at 4k calories a day. It wouldn't be good for gains.

On that kind of budget I would honestly eat nothing but cans of tuna all day, at least you would get a lot of protein. Why do you need to eat 4k calories a day? Unless your trying to get seriously fat, have a superhuman metabolism, or are 300 lbs of solid muscle your headed straight for obesity.

4,000 Calories is 1,000 calories above my estimated TDEE. I don't care about bodyfat currently, I power-lift and I am trying to progress to the 93kg/205lb weight class and maintain from there while progressing in strength. You kind of failed to answer my question, tuna is obviously full of toxins and mercury so that is out of the question.

magician27
07-24-2015, 10:37 PM
yea. eat a jar of peanut butter, you are already above your target, potatotes, tuna , pasta are cheap too. or chicken thighs

HypoLiize
07-24-2015, 11:03 PM
yea. eat a jar of peanut butter, you are already above your target, potatotes, tuna , pasta are cheap too. or chicken thighs

A jar of peanut butter every day? No thank you, I'd get less fat and more clean calories from GOMAD, and about twice the protien.
As for potatoes, I eat a sweet potato every day, tuna ehhh not really, and pasta is what mom cooks sometimes so I eat it on occasion.

callan91
07-24-2015, 11:09 PM
rice, pasta, tuna, chicken, lean mince, oats....

$35 a week should buy a lot of this, if you prep meals in advance it is possible

Mrpb
07-24-2015, 11:13 PM
A jar of peanut butter every day? No thank you, I'd get less fat and more clean calories from GOMAD, and about twice the protien.

Eating fat doesn't make you fat.

EjnarKolinkar
07-24-2015, 11:19 PM

Edit: just saw that you deadlift 460. If your doing a high volume routine with the goal being strength I could see eating 4k calories a day. You've got your work cut out for u on $5 a day, cans of tuna would probably do it though.

LMAO, that is silly.

Plenty of loaves of bread out thesre with 75 grams protein to offer, chicken, milk,beans.

viccles007
07-24-2015, 11:19 PM
Eating fat doesn't make you fat.

This. And what the heck is wrong with peanut butter?

Mrpb
07-25-2015, 12:27 AM
On that kind of budget I would honestly eat nothing but cans of tuna all day

Ever heard of a little thing called mercury poisoning?

ErikTheElectric
07-25-2015, 01:54 AM
As for potatoes, I eat a sweet potato every day, tuna ehhh not really, and pasta is what mom cooks sometimes so I eat it on occasion.

And.. this is where I scratch my head and then look back at the thread title.