PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding fat gain after eating 10-15k in one day?

Tal106
07-20-2015, 08:27 AM
Basically I have been reverse dieting and now maintaining for a few weeks now. I have been feeling super hungry all the time, even moreso than when I was losing weight. I've been fitting in things I enjoy into my macros but it never feels like enough to satiate me. So yesterday I finally got sick of looking at bars of chocolate and candy with so much desire and decided to pig out for one day only. I didn't really track anything but I would say I hit between 10-15k easily

Woke up this morning 6kg/13lbs heavier looking pregnant with abs and felt so damn full all last night.

How should I handle the next few days to avoid any fat gain? I don't mind even going back into a deficit for a few weeks now as I feel like I got all that out of my system. I know people on this forum will say binge eating is a problem and so on but I have never had any problems with it before and really just want to get back on track and get rid of the fat from this cheat day/binge

ShyGuyXS
07-20-2015, 08:59 AM
A few things:

1) A majority of that gain is going to be water weight and will settle down with time and regulated eating. Go back to your regular intake and get back to what you were doing before. It will normalize in time.

2) One day will not ruin your results. Many people think that jumping back into a deficit to "make up" for one day of overeating will make everything right, but it can potentially lead to a cycle of [large deficit -> body can't handle it -> overeating -> back to the deficit to "reduce fat gains" -> hunger increases -> overeating -> etc.] Pick up where you left off.

3) You say you've been feeling super hungry, more than usual. Have you made any other changes to your nutrition since you finished cutting? Eating more food consistently or incorporating more satiating/filling foods more often can help.

nakkiz
07-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Get back on track.

Next time you feel like that you could go for a more moderate cheat day. Say 3-4k calories. If you do cardio that day and get back on track the next day the difference in weight will be very small. A 15k cheat will result in fat gain.

Get back on track.

What are your current macros? Its a good to look back and see what went wrong, and why you had the urge to binge.

loganhart
07-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Sounds like a decent days feed.

Just get back on track with your goals the following day and maybe start eating for satiety a bit more.

Or maybe it's time to cycle another bulk?

wlodarczykn
07-20-2015, 11:35 AM
All these guys are right ^

I went to a bachelor party last weekend and didn't track and ate/drank like a fool. I was up 12.9lbs afterwards.

After a few days I was back to normal only being up .4lbs.

Just get back on track as normal.

Tal106
07-20-2015, 12:30 PM
I swear I am always hungry now after cutting, no matter what I eat. In the morning I will usually eat an 80g bowl of oats filled with 600ml water, mixed with 300g strawberries, 100g blueberries and a banana, about 5 or 6 chocolate chip rice cakes, a 500g tub of greek yogurt. This is my preworkout meal and in about 2 hours I could eat again. I'm eating tons of fruits and veggies on top of fitting foods I want in my macros and I'm still hungry. For reference I was maintaining my weight on about 2,700-2,800 calories prior to this binge with the intent of slowly moving upward until I'm gaining 0.5lb a week

I feel that this cheat has got rid of my cravings, but I don't want to gain fat from it. There have been times in the past where I've finished cutting and then thought "screw it" and all my dieting efforts have went out the window. Would it hurt that much to fast today and go on a deficit this week/next until my weight is back to where it was?

ErikTheElectric
07-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Basically I have been reverse dieting and now maintaining for a few weeks now. I have been feeling super hungry all the time, even moreso than when I was losing weight. I've been fitting in things I enjoy into my macros but it never feels like enough to satiate me. So yesterday I finally got sick of looking at bars of chocolate and candy with so much desire and decided to pig out for one day only. I didn't really track anything but I would say I hit between 10-15k easily

Woke up this morning 6kg/13lbs heavier looking pregnant with abs and felt so damn full all last night.

How should I handle the next few days to avoid any fat gain? I don't mind even going back into a deficit for a few weeks now as I feel like I got all that out of my system. I know people on this forum will say binge eating is a problem and so on but I have never had any problems with it before and really just want to get back on track and get rid of the fat from this cheat day/binge

*grabs popcorn*

Ferdi92
07-20-2015, 06:31 PM
I swear I am always hungry now after cutting, no matter what I eat. In the morning I will usually eat an 80g bowl of oats filled with 600ml water, mixed with 300g strawberries, 100g blueberries and a banana, about 5 or 6 chocolate chip rice cakes, a 500g tub of greek yogurt. This is my preworkout meal and in about 2 hours I could eat again. I'm eating tons of fruits and veggies on top of fitting foods I want in my macros and I'm still hungry. For reference I was maintaining my weight on about 2,700-2,800 calories prior to this binge with the intent of slowly moving upward until I'm gaining 0.5lb a week

I feel that this cheat has got rid of my cravings, but I don't want to gain fat from it. There have been times in the past where I've finished cutting and then thought "screw it" and all my dieting efforts have went out the window. Would it hurt that much to fast today and go on a deficit this week/next until my weight is back to where it was?

Everyone is telling you to just go back to your normal routine and you still want to fast and/or be in a deficit. You asked for advice and you got answers, all of them saying just keep doing what you normally do.

Also eating 10k on one day is harder than you think. And a gap of 10-15k is ridiculous. Are you aware of how much food that would be?

nakkiz
07-20-2015, 06:36 PM
SOunds your breakfast lacks in fat. Is your diet throughout the low in fat? That might be why you're having trouble staying full. Also, if you have trouble staying full chocolate rice cakes probably isnt the best choice.

Tal106
07-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Everyone is telling you to just go back to your normal routine and you still want to fast and/or be in a deficit. You asked for advice and you got answers, all of them saying just keep doing what you normally do.

Also eating 10k on one day is harder than you think. And a gap of 10-15k is ridiculous. Are you aware of how much food that would be?

Damn why is everyone on this forum so passive aggressive?

Yes, I want to go into a deficit to offset any fat gain. I want to stay lean, I don't even want to have gained a full pound of fat over the mistake of one day.

I most definitely did hit 10-15k, here is a list of almost everything I ate, there is more food that I haven't added and my guesstimations may be off but it was most certainly over 10k. I wasn't exactly sober the whole day which is another big reason of why I binged lol. I found it easy, ate most of this in a matter of hours. Also I disagree, 5k of calorie dense food is easy to eat

http://i.imgur.com/zBquBN0.jpg

SOunds your breakfast lacks in fat. Is your diet throughout the low in fat? That might be why you're having trouble staying full. Also, if you have trouble staying full chocolate rice cakes probably isnt the best choice.

I hit a minimum of 60-70g of fat so I'm fine there, I don't eat a lot of fatty foods apart from peanut butter, they all just sort of add up from other foods I eat such as meat and even oats have a decent amount of fat in them which brings me up to the 60-70g number. I eat the chocolate rice cakes because it's the only thing I can think of that would satisfy my cravings without going overboard, I mean they're only 60 calories and quite large so 5 or 6 of them is a decent bit of eating.

I don't know what is wrong with my appetite, today I wasn't hungry and could only fit in one meal due to the bloat but now that it's been 24 hours I'm hungry as hell again

jonnicola
07-20-2015, 07:40 PM
I swear I am always hungry now after cutting, no matter what I eat

Cutting life, mane. What might help:

Pepsi max/coke zero/sugar free gum

Loads of water (obviously)

Meal spacing intelligently to fit when you have cravings

You seem to be eating loads of carbs (oats, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, rice cakes, greek yoghurt); play around with your macros- some people can cut easier on higher protein (less hunger), others on higher carbs or fats, etc

Cut down your fruit intake, and replace those calories with veggies (greater volume of food for less calories=feel fuller)(take that sentence within context)

Good luck mane.

EDIT: yeah you can expect some passive aggression when you ignore/disregard everything people are saying to try to help you

nakkiz
07-20-2015, 09:35 PM
You seem to be eating loads of carbs (oats, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, rice cakes, greek yoghurt); play around with your macros- some people can cut easier on higher protein (less hunger), others on higher carbs or fats, etc

Cut down your fruit intake, and replace those calories with veggies (greater volume of food for less calories=feel fuller)(take that sentence within context)

this is good advice.

You can go higher than 60-70g of fat if you'd like.

EjnarKolinkar
07-20-2015, 09:53 PM
How should I handle the next few days to avoid any fat gain? I don't mind even going back into a deficit for a few weeks now as I feel like I got all that out of my system. I know people on this forum will say binge eating is a problem and so on but I have never had any problems with it before and really just want to get back on track and get rid of the fat from this cheat day/binge[/QUOTE]

I would just continue on with you plan you were running before.

Sometimes if we stop trying to be "full" and just tone down our food volume the post diet period hunger settles down. Sometimes trying too hard to fix the problem, is the problem. Part of this can be just in our minds.

ErikTheElectric
07-20-2015, 10:24 PM
Sometimes if we stop trying to be "full" and just tone down our food volume the post diet period hunger settles down. Sometimes trying too hard to fix the problem, is the problem. Part of this can be just in our minds.

QFT.

Just move on OP, do your best to eat intuitively and forget about it.