PDA

View Full Version : are my macros okay for today?

tillIDrop
07-15-2015, 03:40 PM
hey guys, so as some of you know im on a cut.
today...
protein:250g
carbs:110g
fats:90g

cal totals...idk, maybe around 2000.

yay or nay?

im 5'10 230lbs...my bf is probably near 18-19%... prolly plus or minus , i rly dont know it. is this too great a deficit? is it even a deficit? are my muscles confused yet?jk

mwm202
07-15-2015, 03:44 PM
Calculate protien from LBM, 250 is a bit high.

rhadam
07-15-2015, 03:51 PM
hey guys, so as some of you know im on a cut.
today...
protein:250g
carbs:110g
fats:90g

cal totals...idk, maybe around 2000.

yay or nay?

im 5'10 230lbs...my bf is probably near 18-19%... prolly plus or minus , i rly dont know it. is this too great a deficit? is it even a deficit? are my muscles confused yet?jk

sure. i think you're thinking too hard about this.

Calculate protien from LBM, 250 is a bit high.

No it's not.

tillIDrop
07-15-2015, 04:12 PM
hello again, :p. yeah, i was going too low on fats and carbs...50 g and 70 g respectively....but im bringing thise up to decent amounts now...i was getting some good noob gains for a while but im plateaud at 230 going down from 260 and figured something must be out of whack with my diet man. 260 to 230 was a freakin breeze. now its like someone pulled the handbrakes on the train lol.

rhadam
07-15-2015, 04:19 PM
hello again, :p. yeah, i was going too low on fats and carbs...50 g and 70 g respectively....but im bringing thise up to decent amounts now...i was getting some good noob gains for a while but im plateaud at 230 going down from 260 and figured something must be out of whack with my diet man. 260 to 230 was a freakin breeze. now its like someone pulled the handbrakes on the train lol.

amount of carbs and fats in isolation isn't stopping progress. When you hit a plateau it's basically because of a couple reasons: you aren't counting properly, you need to reduce calories more or increase exercise amount, or you may need to reverse diet.

tillIDrop
07-15-2015, 04:33 PM
i am 100% sure its not the exercising...and im usually at 2000-2200 cals max. with the amount of lifting i do at the intensity and volume i do it at, i should be seeing my muscles grow a mouth and eat the chicken themselves...its wierd, idk. ive upped my water intake a little too much lately, and the other day i had a little too much sodium so maybe i retained alot of water given the amount ive been drinking too. i noticed the gain after i upped my water.

thanks for putting up with this crap whenever youre in the nutrition section btw. lol.

rhadam
07-15-2015, 04:49 PM
i am 100% sure its not the exercising...and im usually at 2000-2200 cals max. with the amount of lifting i do at the intensity and volume i do it at, i should be seeing my muscles grow a mouth and eat the chicken themselves...its wierd, idk. ive upped my water intake a little too much lately, and the other day i had a little too much sodium so maybe i retained alot of water given the amount ive been drinking too. i noticed the gain after i upped my water.

thanks for putting up with this crap whenever youre in the nutrition section btw. lol.

Despite the fact that i've left the dietetics field i still enjoy helping people haha.

Fluctuations are bound to happen, which is why i recommend a weigh in 1 or 2 times max per week. You may over-estimate the amount of calories burned in a weight-lifting session, it's really not that much unless you are utilizing circuit work as well as high rep/high intensity work. My go-to for clients, or non-clients lol, is typically HIIT. When they think they've hit a plateau and they swear that they are tracking correctly and doing cardio i say ok it's time to add in 3-4 sessions of HIIT a week. After a week or two we view the results and go from there.

tillIDrop
07-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Despite the fact that i've left the dietetics field i still enjoy helping people haha.

Fluctuations are bound to happen, which is why i recommend a weigh in 1 or 2 times max per week. You may over-estimate the amount of calories burned in a weight-lifting session, it's really not that much unless you are utilizing circuit work as well as high rep/high intensity work. My go-to for clients, or non-clients lol, is typically HIIT. When they think they've hit a plateau and they swear that they are tracking correctly and doing cardio i say ok it's time to add in 3-4 sessions of HIIT a week. After a week or two we view the results and go from there.

lol thats good man, dont stop doing what you love! and ill try to incorporate HIIT every other day but it might be overboard...im already hotting the weights hard for hours on end at the gym. with all this free time in the summer its hard not to...and i love it lol. ill do it then, hiit it is. i was doing cardio at gym but then decided to just start walking to the gym as my cardio but i feel like hiit has been the onw thing missing from the madness.

rhadam
07-15-2015, 05:52 PM
lol thats good man, dont stop doing what you love! and ill try to incorporate HIIT every other day but it might be overboard...im already hotting the weights hard for hours on end at the gym. with all this free time in the summer its hard not to...and i love it lol. ill do it then, hiit it is. i was doing cardio at gym but then decided to just start walking to the gym as my cardio but i feel like hiit has been the onw thing missing from the madness.

Walking to the gym is doing crap-all. Hitting the weights for "hours on end" is likely putting you in the diminishing returns range. If you can't get a workout done in 60 minutes or so you're probably doing too much. At your weight you need to do cardio, walking to the gym doesn't count. Lower your lifting time, add in HIIT. Thank me later.

jonnicola
07-15-2015, 06:40 PM
idk if this helps OP, but i hate running/cycling as cardio, so I finish every lifting session with 5x15 squats with a 30kg barbell (clean and press, then squat it) 30-45sec rest, for cardio benefits

Leaves me out of breath like a mofo, and I'm guessing it burns decent amount of calories as it's kinda HIIT (broscience alert)

If my legs/shoulders are toasty toasty that day, I drop the weight to about 15kg and crank out 10x10.

tillIDrop
07-15-2015, 11:01 PM
you guys are right. rhadam its just that i cant stop. i really cant nor do i want to lmao i take a scoop of esp preworkout, i go start my workout and for atleast 2 hours im killing it on whatever i do with my heaviest weights. i got super fat this last year living alone for college and it really ****ed alot of personal stuff up for me so i just blew up. my body is eventually going to say "no" but i dont want my mind to quit first. if and when i do burnout ill have a deload week or something.

tillIDrop
07-15-2015, 11:03 PM
idk if this helps OP, but i hate running/cycling as cardio, so I finish every lifting session with 5x15 squats with a 30kg barbell (clean and press, then squat it) 30-45sec rest, for cardio benefits

Leaves me out of breath like a mofo, and I'm guessing it burns decent amount of calories as it's kinda HIIT (broscience alert)

If my legs/shoulders are toasty toasty that day, I drop the weight to about 15kg and crank out 10x10. this is actually great, i can superset some high rep squats with some bodyweight stuff like pullups and dips.