PDA

View Full Version : 2015 SEC Media Days thread

jtaylor2010
07-13-2015, 04:30 AM
Today the greatest conference kicks off the greatest media days of the greatest sport.... and we are all reminded that one day in the not too distant future college football will be back.

It's gonna be interesting to hear from the new commissioner today...and to see what McElwain's impression of the UF program he inherited is.

PervedOut
07-13-2015, 04:37 AM
~7 weeks brah

http://i.imgur.com/yqAGAkR.png

Would love to see Minnesota throw a wrench in TCU's playoff hopes.

jtaylor2010
07-13-2015, 05:10 AM
~7 weeks brah

3 decent OOC match ups on the very first Thursday of the season... Mybodyisready.jpg

DeshaunWatson
07-13-2015, 05:11 AM
Great conference but hasn't won the title in the big sports in a few years. Lol

Be safe Taylor Brah. And when people think of teams in the SEC, I assure you, they put USCjr at the bottom of the list. Srs.

<3 have fun starting your season off by losing to a bottom feeder of the ACC

******* Ethering King,
Daddy DW/2015 Heisman winner/1 legged monster

HumptyBrah
07-13-2015, 05:14 AM
3 decent OOC match ups on the very first Thursday of the season... Mybodyisready.jpg
I wouldn't really call UCD @ Nevada, Ohio @ Idaho, and New Hampshire @ SJSU decent but whatever floats your boat.

jtaylor2010
07-13-2015, 05:16 AM
Great conference but hasn't won the title in the big sports in a few years.

Be safe Taylor Brah. And when people think of teams in the SEC, I assure you, they put USCjr at the bottom of the list. Srs.

<3 have fun starting your season off by losing to a bottom feeder of the ACC

******* Ethering King,
Daddy DW/2015 Heisman winner/1 legged monster

Remember last year when you told everyone that clemson offense 2014 would be better than clemson offense 2013?? Good times man.

Also Lold at predicting UNC to beat SC.

jtaylor2010
07-13-2015, 05:18 AM
I wouldn't really call UCD @ Nevada, Ohio @ Idaho, and New Hampshire @ SJSU decent but whatever floats your boat.

Don't sleep on them UC Davis Aggies...

woody19
07-13-2015, 05:24 AM
no mike silve no care

but srs about to jizz myself football season is near

PervedOut
07-13-2015, 05:28 AM
Is UF gonna run with Treon Harris? Since theres a new regime I kinda wonder.

imajoey
07-13-2015, 05:43 AM
Gators about to bake so hard once they get a competent QB

imajoey
07-13-2015, 05:46 AM
~7 weeks brah

This.... Game is gonna be crazy, Thursday night no school on Friday.... Gonna be drunk af for it (probs gonna lose by 25)..... Gophers gonna run train on Michigan Halloween night also.

tdnick
07-13-2015, 06:08 AM
Tennessee going in dry this year boys

PervedOut
07-13-2015, 06:10 AM
OP, do you think UNC has a chance against SC this year? I cant look at the early odds because they're blocked at work. I thought I remembered they're touting Marquise Williams pretty highly this year.

dml3
07-13-2015, 06:20 AM
Today the greatest conference kicks off the greatest media days of the greatest sport.... and we are all reminded that one day in the not too distant future college football will be back.

It's gonna be interesting to hear from the new commissioner today...and to see what McElwain's impression of the UF program he inherited is.

SEC hasnt been relevant since Tebow left.

Just living in the past.

Its about the Big 10 at the moment

tsbalr120
07-13-2015, 06:49 AM
Fukin in

CFB threads need to start pushing chitty post season NBA threads out

HumptyBrah
07-13-2015, 06:57 AM
Fukin in

In. I'll make a Christian McCaffrey for Heisman thread.

DeshaunWatson
07-13-2015, 07:15 AM
In. I'll make a Deshaun Watson for Heisman thread.

fixed.

http://collegespun.com/acc/clemson-acc/cfb-analyst-who-watched-deshaun-watson-this-past-week-says-clemson-qb-will-be-heisman-trophy-finalist

jtaylor2010
07-13-2015, 07:20 AM
OP, do you think UNC has a chance against SC this year? I cant look at the early odds because they're blocked at work. I thought I remembered they're touting Marquise Williams pretty highly this year.

Yeah they have a chance, but they're defense is gonna have to be a lot better than it was last year. Our defense was garbage last year too, but I expect ours will be at least somewhat improved. Maybe theirs will be too, but we also have better athletes and better coaches. Honestly though I don't know much about their team other than the fact that their HC hasn't impressed me and they haven't been good since he's been there.

PervedOut
07-13-2015, 07:23 AM
Fukin in

dear God THIS

DeshaunWatson
07-13-2015, 07:23 AM
Yeah they have a chance, but they're defense is gonna have to be a lot better than it was last year. Our defense was garbage last year too, but I expect ours will be at least somewhat improved. Maybe theirs will be too, but we also have better athletes and better coaches. Honestly though I don't know much about their team other than the fact that their HC hasn't impressed me and they haven't been good since he's been there.

breh, you guys don't even have a QB. I really don't think you guys go bowling this year. Cooper can't do everything on the offensive side of the ball.

PervedOut
07-13-2015, 07:28 AM
breh, you guys don't even have a QB. I really don't think you guys go bowling this year. Cooper can't do everything on the offensive side of the ball.
I was very curious because I havent heard anything at ALL about the Cocks during the offseason, but they always seem to have a formidable team and a good recruiting class.

jtaylor2010
07-13-2015, 07:41 AM

I think our offense will go as long as our O-line allows. Connor Mitch should do pretty good. He's a typical Spurrier passer who has looked good and has been in the offense for two years. I've also been impressed with our young WRs during the Spring. As long as they know the offense and our O-line holds up we'll be fine on that side of the ball.

Last year was the first year in a LONG time that SC didn't have a good-amazing D-line. This year we'll be better....which admittedly isn't saying much but I expect at least decent improvement.

If our O-line is just really bad we'll probably finish 5-7, but that's a worst case scenario and considering how we've recruited and kept the staff intact there I don't expect a bad O-line. I think we'll probably get about 7-8 wins.

PervedOut
07-13-2015, 09:12 AM
No hate man, but what is it with all the SEC QBs getting into trouble recently?

Calhexas
07-13-2015, 12:41 PM
In

Champs are here

jtaylor2010
07-13-2015, 02:14 PM
What happens when you move from CO to FL.....and lold at him walking around on the beach in big ass Paris Hilton sunglasses.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ0WwobWsAEX2Xv.png

neighborr
07-13-2015, 03:07 PM
SEC west champs are in the house

DeshaunWatson
07-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Lmao at that pic of Jim. We call that "BSS"

BSS- big sunglasses syndrome

waytoodeep03
07-13-2015, 05:05 PM
In

Champs are here

Bama is a thing of the past. They wont win another title in the foreseeable future.

Tears
07-13-2015, 06:11 PM

Just living in the past.

http://i.imgur.com/tx40I6d.jpg

tsbalr120
07-14-2015, 06:28 AM
Bama is a thing of the past. They wont win another title in the foreseeable future.

The fact they have more 5 and 4* talent than anyone, but could go to waste because they got the LSU syndrome with QBs is pretty lulzy.

DeshaunWatson
07-14-2015, 06:33 AM
The fact they have more 5 and 4* talent than anyone, but could go to waste because they got the LSU syndrome with QBs is pretty lulzy.

In on making fun of bama thread

PervedOut
07-14-2015, 07:07 AM
In on making fun of bama thread
they are gonna get their cheeks clapped @ Miss State this year

jtaylor2010
07-14-2015, 10:11 AM
Spurrier gonna Spurrier...

Spurrier: We were 7-6, same as Tennessee and same as Arkansas. I think they're sort of celebrating good seasons, so we're celebrating also.

Spur: "We've had some backup guys who liked to scream and yell. I've told assistants, 'Nobody's listening to him. Tell him to quiet down.' "

Spurrier: Im the youngest coach in the SEC to win 4 straight bowl games"

PervedOut
07-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Spurrier gonna Spurrier...

Spurrier: We were 7-6, same as Tennessee and same as Arkansas. I think they're sort of celebrating good seasons, so we're celebrating also.

Spur: "We've had some backup guys who liked to scream and yell. I've told assistants, 'Nobody's listening to him. Tell him to quiet down.' "

Spurrier: “I’m the youngest coach in the SEC to win 4 straight bowl games"
He either writes this **** down in advance or he's a level 100 troll. Mirin the HBC/OBC.

ko5567
07-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Spurrier never fails to entertain at media day

Calhexas
07-14-2015, 04:56 PM

I could say the same for FSU

Only difference is our uber talented team isn't getting destroyed right now because our coach can't control his team (or his wife) and we'll probably win the conference again...which means auto-bid into the playoffs

I'm not sure you can even win the ACC

But hey, 2017 sure is gonna be fun

To the other SEC peeps in here, have fun watching us beat Mizzou in Atlanta again. Or the Saint Richts. I don't really care which.

imajoey
07-14-2015, 05:29 PM
7 weeks guys...... Can't wait til fall camp starts up

tng83
07-14-2015, 06:09 PM

Just living in the past.

Just lol. Cuz an SEC team didnt play an SEC team in the NCG after Tebow left.

tng83
07-14-2015, 06:09 PM
I could say the same for FSU

Only difference is our uber talented team isn't getting destroyed right now because our coach can't control his team (or his wife) and we'll probably win the conference again...which means auto-bid into the playoffs

I'm not sure you can even win the ACC

But hey, 2017 sure is gonna be fun

To the other SEC peeps in here, have fun watching us beat Mizzou in Atlanta again. Or the Saint Richts. I don't really care which.

Nukka pls. LSU vs Georgia this year. Book it.

wildchild11
07-14-2015, 06:40 PM
someone needs to get spurrier a talk radio gig once he hangs it up.

neighborr
07-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Nukka pls. LSU vs Georgia this year. Book it.

This. I thought this was a foregone conclusion by now.

DeshaunWatson
07-14-2015, 10:27 PM
someone needs to get spurrier a talk radio gig once he hangs it up.

Srs. Or link him to this site. Spurrier is the man

Lol you SEC losers can argue about your sec title match. I'll be in Glendsdale Az watching us win a National Title vs another top tier power conference.

jtaylor2010
07-15-2015, 02:33 AM
Lold at LSU fans in here with high expectations...

Ask DeshaunWatson about Kevin Steele..Les Miles + no defense= ???

DeshaunWatson
07-15-2015, 05:55 AM
Lold at LSU fans in here with high expectations...

Ask DeshaunWatson about Kevin Steele..Les Miles + no defense= ???

Lmao rekt.

Hopefully Kevin can keep his games under 70?

Calhexas
07-15-2015, 10:22 AM
This. I thought this was a foregone conclusion by now.

Lol

Chavis is gone and your QBs are trash

Good luck trying not to finish 7th in the west

AriGhold
07-15-2015, 10:47 AM
I'm glad saban has continued his tradition of making excuses when he gets his ass beat

adamsteve14
07-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Can we just get to the part where tOSU claps everyone's cheeks?

PervedOut
07-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Can we just get to the part where tOSU claps everyone's cheeks?
I just wanna see em hang 70 on Virginia Tech on Labor Day. Fuark Im gonna be so drunk by kickoff.

neighborr
07-15-2015, 11:26 AM
Lol

Chavis is gone and your QBs are trash

Good luck trying not to finish 7th in the west

lol. Ignorance at its finest. Yeah man I'm sure we'll finish 7th :rolleyes:

Calhexas
07-15-2015, 11:41 AM

You could legitimately lose to every team in the west. But ok. Keep thinking any of them are automatic wins.

Fkn corndogs lol

Miz-Zou
07-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Came in to discuss media day....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1feb49089f29ac5394fb922b4b8e8c79/tumblr_mfqe9kP5Eb1qlqu5fo1_500.gif

*reads posts*

....well, guess that's that.

http://media.giphy.com/media/6vpDg9LeuaWFq/giphy.gif

AriGhold
07-15-2015, 11:58 AM
I just wanna see em hang 70 on Virginia Tech on Labor Day. Fuark Im gonna be so drunk by kickoff.

Labor Day and a night kickoff, you better have already taken a nap and gotten your second wind at that point. I'm gonna have a wade Boggs kind of day.

tsbalr120
07-15-2015, 01:28 PM

It'll be a race between LSU and the two Mississippi schools for last. I have Ole Piss.

BFast55
07-15-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm glad saban has continued his tradition of making excuses when he gets his ass beat
Doesn't happen very often, tho does it?

Arky, Bama, Aub will contend for the top spot in the west.

Calhexas
07-15-2015, 03:21 PM
People blowing this draft grades thing way out of proportion (then again everything Saban says gets demonized so whatever)

Perfectly valid point that helps the kids...and he's talked about it for years

Push back the date these kids have to declare, and allow them to test the waters without losing their eligibility. For someone that people say "doesn't even care about the kids" he sure does come up with a lot of awesome ideas that would greatly benefit them

Inb4 "he ain't give a sh!t, he's just doin it for himself PAWWWWL"

DeshaunWatson
07-15-2015, 06:26 PM
People blowing this draft grades thing way out of proportion (then again everything Saban says gets demonized so whatever)

Perfectly valid point that helps the kids...and he's talked about it for years

Push back the date these kids have to declare, and allow them to test the waters without losing their eligibility. For someone that people say "doesn't even care about the kids" he sure does come up with a lot of awesome ideas that would greatly benefit them

Inb4 "he ain't give a sh!t, he's just doin it for himself PAWWWWL"

No, they should not be able to test the waters. I don't agree with that. You have to save room for scholarships. Theres a reason you're able to get a grade, talk to an agent, and make your choice.

Calhexas
07-15-2015, 07:02 PM
No, they should not be able to test the waters. I don't agree with that. You have to save room for scholarships. Theres a reason you're able to get a grade, talk to an agent, and make your choice.

Tsk tsk

And I thought it's supposed to be what's best for the kids...not Dabo and his inferior scholly juggling skills

neighborr
07-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Plaxico Burress @plaxicoburress 5 hours ago
I recall Nick Saban telling me to stay in school finish what I started, I wasnt 1st round pick and he left for LSU b4 the season was over

Now Nick Saban goes on tv saying that kids are distracted by NFL projections. Well, the kids are just chasing a dream that you were. $$$

N Saban looked his players in the face at the Duf, said he wasnt leavin, I'm committed to the program" and was gone the next day. Tru story

Now Nick Saban players are being distracted by the NFL and chasing a dream, haha tell your story Nick. LSU showed you $$, you was GONE! Ha

Nick Saban actually told me I was a second round pick. I said, "where are you getting your info from? Are you watching these games? Hahaha

Plaxico Burress @plaxicoburress 2 hours ago
I was a 19 year old kid, the man that recruited me to play for him, look me in my face and told me a lie.

lol

Calhexas
07-16-2015, 08:20 AM
I recall Nick Saban telling me to stay in school finish what I started, I wasnt 1st round pick and he left for LSU b4 the season was over

Now Nick Saban goes on tv saying that kids are distracted by NFL projections. Well, the kids are just chasing a dream that you were. $$$

N Saban looked his players in the face at the Duf, said he wasnt leavin, I'm committed to the program" and was gone the next day. Tru story

Now Nick Saban players are being distracted by the NFL and chasing a dream, haha tell your story Nick. LSU showed you $$, you was GONE! Ha

Nick Saban actually told me I was a second round pick. I said, "where are you getting your info from? Are you watching these games? Hahaha

Plaxico Burress @plaxicoburress 2 hours ago
I was a 19 year old kid, the man that recruited me to play for him, look me in my face and told me a lie.

lol

Dude accidentally shot himself. His opinion is forever null and void.

pedobearu_aware
07-16-2015, 09:11 AM
"Nick Chubb is better than Leonard Fournette"

-Leonard Fournette

PervedOut
07-16-2015, 09:13 AM
"Nick Chubb is better than Leonard Fournette"

-Leonard Fournette
hes not wrong

pedobearu_aware
07-16-2015, 09:48 AM
hes not wrong
It's just surprising to hear him acknowledge it.

Calhexas
07-17-2015, 06:20 AM
Media picks the favorites this year...

East champ: UGA
West champ: BAMA

SEC Champ...Auburn?

GJDM

Tears
07-17-2015, 07:13 AM
Media picks the favorites this year...

East champ: UGA
West champ: BAMA

SEC Champ...Auburn?

GJDM

I remember hearing their reasoning for picking both teams, but was distracted at the time.

What'd they say their reasoning was, again?

jtaylor2010
07-17-2015, 10:09 AM
I remember hearing their reasoning for picking both teams, but was distracted at the time.

What'd they say their reasoning was, again?

I'm assuming they think Bama will end up on probation and forfeit the entire season.

BioDiver
07-17-2015, 10:13 AM
Wait, so A&M is slated to finish 6th in the west? Remember what happened the last time that happened?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/608/204/McCaron_INT_original.gif?1352595546

Regardless, this is a rebuilding season. Next year is when we go in dry against the rest of the SEC

wildchild11
07-17-2015, 10:37 AM
Wait, so A&M is slated to finish 6th in the west? Remember what happened the last time that happened?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/608/204/McCaron_INT_original.gif?1352595546

Regardless, this is a rebuilding season. Next year is when we go in dry against the rest of the SEC

Bama OC should have given Eddie Lacy the ball there