PDA

View Full Version : Aware me brahs... Does Tristan Thompson think he's worth more than the 80m

MurkinSeason
07-04-2015, 08:52 PM
He was offered? Is that what's going on here?

Because if that's the case..... Lol.

Anyone know why the deal they originally had agreed on didn't go through?

MurkinSeason
07-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Because he and Lebron have the same agent and Lebron apparently won't sign off on his own contract until Thompson's is finalized... so Thompson knows he can squeeze a few more sheckles out of Cleveland

He seen how much Draymond Green got

yummy22
07-04-2015, 09:09 PM
He making what under 4 mil right now and it is going to jump to 20. Thats a 5x pay increase, he should just take it and win a few titles. Then if he continues to show promise he will get another massive contract in a few years especially with new cap.

DatFatWhale
07-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Lol @ Cavs being cuckholded into paying 2 PFs playing the same position about 20/yr per player. Strong everything.

YWOC
07-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Because he and Lebron have the same agent and Lebron apparently won't sign off on his own contract until Thompson's is finalized... so Thompson knows he can squeeze a few more sheckles out of Cleveland

He making what under 4 mil right now and it is going to jump to 20. Thats a 5x pay increase, he should just take it and win a few titles. Then if he continues to show promise he will get another massive contract in a few years especially with new cap.

lol this

fuking greedy ass scumbag role players

how anyone can like the greedy scummy ass loserville that is cleveland is beyond me

waisoserious
07-04-2015, 10:12 PM
This is the land!!

waisoserious
07-04-2015, 10:15 PM
http://wfny.shoutitoutdesign.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/IMG_3626-2.gif

fuuuuck that $300 million bill

300million and they still gonna lose to the spurs

o lawd

Swept
07-05-2015, 12:22 AM
LMAO paying a rebounder 80 mill

worst contract this off season

nvrstopworking
07-05-2015, 01:18 AM
Cavs should honestly tell TT to kick rocks and just call Lebron's bluff.

It would be career suicide to leave CLE again at this point. He's not going anywhere.

CurryTech777
07-05-2015, 07:25 AM
lebron letting his friendship get in the way of winning or signing names in 2016. Gotta love it, this is why he will never be goat. Wonder if kobe or mj ever did this

nvrstopworking
07-05-2015, 07:33 AM
lebron letting his friendship get in the way of winning or signing names in 2016. Gotta love it, this is why he will never be goat. Wonder if kobe or mj ever did this

Neither MJ nor Kobe ever gave a fuk about anyone but themselves.... so I guess the answer would be no.

Baghdadassup
07-05-2015, 08:05 AM
80+ million for a back up PF that gives u 9 and 8 with no rim protection

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/20140612/5050777/bruh-o.gif

Ed Davis put up better numbers (more blocks, higher fg%, 4 point higher PER) than TT and got 3/20mill.

The Lextortionist strikes again.

YWOC
07-05-2015, 08:07 AM
friends getting paid an insane amount> leaving salary cap room open for your team to sign other people

just le2-4 things

07-05-2015, 08:10 AM

It would be career suicide to leave CLE again at this point. He's not going anywhere.

They should, but they won't. TT is gonna get his money and next year we'll hear the "Lebron has no help!" narrative all over again. Kind of hard to assemble a deep team when you're paying a fuking rebounder $16m/year

ClutchAnalyst
07-05-2015, 08:22 AM
ill say it again, lebron is on a power trip, no j cole.

Dudes all over the place, from master planning a team to compliment his playing style with no plan B aside from letting Kylie and love ISO, to this contract stuff, and to calling every play on the court and frowning at blatt when he tries to make a play call.

It's going to be amusing to see how this ends.

poonpounder311
07-05-2015, 08:44 AM
LeGM strikes again.

94beastmode
07-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Lebron James is his agent. He better give lebron 10 percent of his check cause dude isn't even worth 50 million

broboma2012
07-05-2015, 09:13 AM
this whole situation has the potential to blow up in lebron's face if they don't win. there will be no one else to blame but himself as he seems to have been given an unprecedented amount of control over the team. this thompson contract is absolutely ridiculous. they are going over his value by like 50 mil

nvrstopworking
07-05-2015, 09:18 AM
They should, but they won't. TT is gonna get his money and next year we'll hear the "Lebron has no help!" narrative all over again. Kind of hard to assemble a deep team when you're paying a fuking rebounder $16m/year

To be fair I think that if Love and Irving had been healthy for the playoffs you wouldn't have heard this at all.

broboma2012
07-05-2015, 09:21 AM
To be fair I think that if Love and Irving had been healthy for the playoffs you wouldn't have heard this at all.

if he had still lost you better believe we would have. hell we heard it during the regular season with love and irving not being what they were cracked up to be. they were called borderline all stars, etc

Spill512
07-05-2015, 09:22 AM
Cavs are really paying all of this money just so they can lose again in the finals? Pissening. This is the entire budget for Cleveland's education system.

HayZues Christi
07-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Neither MJ nor Kobe ever gave a fuk about anyone but themselves.... so I guess the answer would be no.

Mj Never made more than 2 mil a year until his last couple seasons with bulls, in order to allow the organization to pay other players.

broboma2012
07-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Mj Never made more than 2 mil a year until his last couple seasons with bulls, in order to allow the organization to pay other players.

shhh. this doesn't fit his narrative.

wintersun
07-05-2015, 11:23 AM

^ This.

Isnt this what the Cavs owner complained about when Lebron left to go to Miami? That he tried to run the show, make all the decisions, and do whatever he wanted because he was "King James?"

The only reason Thompson got so much playing time in the postseason is that Love and Varejao were injured. Here are his regular season stats:

26.8 minutes per game, 8.5 ppg, 8 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.4 spg, 0.7 bpg

broboma2012
07-05-2015, 11:28 AM
^ This.

Isnt this what the Cavs owner complained about when Lebron left to go to Miami? That he tried to run the show, make all the decisions, and do whatever he wanted because he was "King James?"

The only reason Thompson got so much playing time in the postseason is that Love and Varejao were injured. Here are his regular season stats:

26.8 minutes per game, 8.5 ppg, 8 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.4 spg, 0.7 bpg

yep. exactly. somehow i think lebron will get a pass too but really he should get all the blame is this team doesn't win one

wintersun
07-05-2015, 02:46 PM
yep. exactly. somehow i think lebron will get a pass too but really he should get all the blame is this team doesn't win one

he shouldnt get a pass for any of his finals' losses, except *maybe* this season to Golden State because of Irving's injury.

-Cavs are good enough to get to the NBA finals without Love, but not good enough to win so... he gets a pass because the Warriors are a better team!

-Cavs are good enough to get to the NBA finals in 2007, but not good enough to win so... he gets a pass because it was his first finals appearance!

-Heat are good enough to get to the NBA finals in 2013, but not good enough to win so... he gets a pass because Wade wasn't 100%!

broboma2012
07-05-2015, 02:52 PM
he shouldnt get a pass for any of his finals' losses, except *maybe* this season to Golden State because of Irving's injury.

-Cavs are good enough to get to the NBA finals without Love, but not good enough to win so... he gets a pass because the Warriors are a better team!

-Cavs are good enough to get to the NBA finals in 2007, but not good enough to win so... he gets a pass because it was his first finals appearance!

-Heat are good enough to get to the NBA finals in 2013, but not good enough to win so... he gets a pass because Wade wasn't 100%!

I give him a full pass for this year. however, if there was any doubt about the east being weaker narrative there is no longer. he cake walked through the hawks with the very same team; a team who won 60 games. then he get to the finals.... and we all know what happened

JustMoved24
07-05-2015, 03:02 PM
all i know is if i knew i wasn't worth 80 million but i knew i could get 80 million i'd do the same thing

isp
07-05-2015, 03:10 PM
I get that TT is Lebron's new bestie and they want to squeeze a little more from Gilbert just because they can, but c'mon mane be reasonable..damn.

80m is already a sweetheart deal. it's more than fukkin fair.

broboma2012
07-05-2015, 03:17 PM
all i know is if i knew i wasn't worth 80 million but i knew i could get 80 million i'd do the same thing

he has already been offered 80 mil. he is holding out for MORE and if i were the cavs i would call this kunt's bluff. sign for the 80 mil, it is a robbery as is