PDA

View Full Version : Should I be doing as many leg exercises while doing running for cardio?

MMAInfluenced
07-03-2015, 01:35 PM
First of all ive played soccer for all my life. With that my legs have gotten very muscular and are more muscular than my upper body. Ive recently gotten into the gym with the goal of first cutting down to a low body fat percentage and then bulking up.

To cut ive been watching my diet, lifting heavy, and doing a lot of running for cardio.

After doing all the running my legs feel sore and my muscles i can tell really got a good amount of work (endurance). Ive been skipping my leg training days on my workout program because i assume there is no sense in lifting heavy with my legs with as much action as im getting running.

Am i wrong to do this? Are there any draw backs to this and should i lift along with run?

willyamw
07-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Not an expert but I vote for balance.

MMAInfluenced
07-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Thanks. Anyone else have an opinon?

tumtum
07-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Thanks. Anyone else have an opinon?

yes, dont skip legs, unless you have absolutely no interest in building your legs up (which would be a huge mistake)

100% you will NOT retain all your muscle on your legs simply because they are sore, if you dont work them, you WILL lose them. them being sore doesn't mean a thing. plenty of marathon runners have sore legs all the time.. and their legs are the size of my arm