PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my diet; feeling full a lot even though trying to lose weight

WeekEarly
06-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Okay, this is a bit of a strange one I think. I've been limiting myself for the last few months to how much I eat without getting serious about dieting so I still had 3 meals a day although I still ate a bit of junk.

For the last 2 days, I've gotten serious about this, using the myfitnesspal app to help track calories. The calories I need to eat each day is 1810 but the problem is that I feel like I'm eating more than usual and maybe I've been eating much less than I should be for a while. You might say that I feel full a lot from 6 meals a day and not from the amount of calories but it doesn't feel like it; it really just feels like I'm eating more than I usually do.

I haven't really lost much weight in the last few months so I find it strange. Keep in mind that I'm only 15 years old and still growing.

digistp
06-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Keep in mind that I'm only 15 years old and still growing.All the more reason to not cut at 156lbs

WeekEarly
06-29-2015, 03:22 PM
I feel like my bodyfat percentage is quite high though and I would like to look a bit better. Is there any other thing I can do? Thanks for the advice though.

digistp
06-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Post a pic and height. With your elevated hormone levels, your best bet is to aim for 2-3 lbs a month gain on a full body program 3x/week.

WeekEarly
06-29-2015, 04:08 PM
I've added a photo to my gallery but I can't seem to find the option to change my height. It's currently 5'7".

Jcart159
06-29-2015, 04:09 PM
I feel like my bodyfat percentage is quite high though and I would like to look a bit better. Is there any other thing I can do? Thanks for the advice though.

Be patient my friend.

Would you rather look real skinny, frail, and malnourished in your teens (what you are going to look like if you cut), or would you rather set yourself up to be strong and ripped for the rest of your life?

Think long and hard on that one.

WeekEarly
06-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Be patient my friend.

Would you rather look real skinny, frail, and malnourished in your teens (what you are going to look like if you cut), or would you rather set yourself up to be strong and ripped for the rest of your life?

Think long and hard on that one.

I've thought about it and right now, my goal isn't to look super ripped; I just want to get lower my body fat percentage and get rid of my belly because it doesn't make me feel as good about myself. Maybe I can progress after that. Thanks.

magician27
06-30-2015, 11:24 AM
I've thought about it and right now, my goal isn't to look super ripped; I just want to get lower my body fat percentage and get rid of my belly because it doesn't make me feel as good about myself. Maybe I can progress after that. Thanks.

yes, go ahead and cut to 80 lbs. at the end of the day having skinny teen abs at age of 15 when your muscles are not matured, worth sacrificing your natural growth where you will possibly gain muscle and grow taller in height while sitting on a couch right

ShyGuyXS
06-30-2015, 12:49 PM

Keep in mind that you're most likely pretty undermuscled, too. How long have you been lifting/working out?

I would focus on building some lean mass and still eating to grow at a slow pace (or at least maintain) - sounds strange, but your body will thank you later. You're not really overweight, so there's little point in cutting based on the stats you provided.

WeekEarly
06-30-2015, 04:38 PM
Keep in mind that you're most likely pretty undermuscled, too. How long have you been lifting/working out?

I would focus on building some lean mass and still eating to grow at a slow pace (or at least maintain) - sounds strange, but your body will thank you later. You're not really overweight, so there's little point in cutting based on the stats you provided.

When you say undermuscled, do you base it on the picture I uploaded? It might just be a funny angle that I took the picture at to be honest. I've been going to the gym for about a year and a half now (I think) but only once a week. I only used weight machines before but I've been doing a bit of a mixture for the last few months with dumbbell bench presses and dumbbell shoulder presses mainly. I have done some bits a pieces at home as well with a set of dumbbells and a mat, mainly following some of scooby's workouts on youtube. I might try and get another photo tomorrow but I'm quite sleepy right now since it's 12:40am in the UK.

WeekEarly
07-01-2015, 03:55 AM
I've just uploaded another photo which I took today. Can someone answer my initial question please? Thanks.