PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to cheat!

aceart
06-27-2015, 03:19 PM
I'm on day 6 on this keto diet. I keep reading things about cheating is good once a week on a keto diet and I've read some things that cheating once a week is NOT good on a keto diet.

Any ways, I feel like eating chocolate. With the nutrition facts below and if I only eat 4 squares (as it states per serving) will this destroy my progress?

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 4 squares (40 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 240

Calories from Fat 198

Total Fat 22g 34%

Saturated Fat 13g 65%

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 10mg 0%

Carbohydrates 12g 4%

Dietary Fiber 5g 20%

Sugars 3g

Protein 4g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% Iron 25%

rhadam
06-27-2015, 03:50 PM
no food in isolation can "destroy" progress.

loganhart
06-27-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm on day 6 on this keto diet. I keep reading things about cheating is good once a week on a keto diet and I've read some things that cheating once a week is NOT good on a keto diet.

Any ways, I feel like eating chocolate. With the nutrition facts below and if I only eat 4 squares (as it states per serving) will this destroy my progress?

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 4 squares (40 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 240

Calories from Fat 198

Total Fat 22g 34%

Saturated Fat 13g 65%

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 10mg 0%

Carbohydrates 12g 4%

Dietary Fiber 5g 20%

Sugars 3g

Protein 4g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% Iron 25%

Let me guess. You have no idea what you're doing?

No food should be off limits unless you have a diagnosed allergy or sensitivity.

Meet nutrient sufficiency and calorie goals with the remainder of your diet, meal timing and frequency, being largely discretionary.

I don't mean to be snappy, I'm just half cut.

ShyGuyXS
06-27-2015, 04:09 PM
No food should be off limits unless you have a diagnosed allergy or sensitivity.

On spread. You can enjoy anything (including chocolate) in moderation. No need to deprive yourself, OP.

EjnarKolinkar
06-27-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm on day 6 on this keto diet. I keep reading things about cheating is good once a week on a keto diet and I've read some things that cheating once a week is NOT good on a keto diet

Why do you feel the need to be on this keto diet?

aceart
06-27-2015, 05:40 PM
Why do you feel the need to be on this keto diet?

I need to lose 40 lbs.

aysss
06-27-2015, 06:28 PM
Probably not, if you eat dark chocolate 80 or 90 per cent cacao and not more than 40 grams.

When I was doing keto I made different treats from pure coco powder and other ingredients like coconut oil etc that did not even qualify as cheat food. So just google recipes and make your own.

Good luck discovering keto!

Canadiantuxedo
06-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Eating at a deficit is the only thing you need to lose that 40 lbs. If you're having these strong cravings then you're probably not eating enough or missing enough of a specific macro or micro nutrient.

Punch your stats in here http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ reduce cals by 300. Aim for 1-1.5 lbs of loss of week. If you're not losing aim for more accuracy in counting or reduce your calories further.

Aim for .6g protein and .4g fat per lb of body mass. You can eat more than these minimums.

...still with me?

Eat what you want. Eat what you like. Stop the fad dieting.

jonnicola
06-27-2015, 07:20 PM
You are doing keto but seems you haven't understood it properly.

Read New to Keto (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120288141) and A guide to ketosis (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132598293)

To answer your question, that particular chocolate you have posted has 12g of carbs. You should be aiming to get no more than 30g-50g, and preferably all from residual carbs and green veggies. Not sugars. So it wouldn't be keto friendly.

Though if you are already thinking about cheat days and carbs, you probably aren't eating a decent variety of foods or a leading a pretty bland diet.

Check out Keto recipes (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143) for ideas, in particular the zero carb chocolate recipes (since you seem to be hankering after chocolate)

ErikTheElectric
06-27-2015, 08:07 PM
I need to lose 40 lbs.

Then stop arbitrarily restricting macronutrients out of your diet. THIS WILL LEAD TO RESTRICT/BINGE CYCLES!

Canadiantuxedo
06-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Then stop arbitrarily restricting macronutrients out of your diet. THIS WILL LEAD TO RESTRICT/BINGE CYCLES!
This
Cycles like this brought me to 230 lbs from 185. I was just trying to lose the last 5 lbs.