PDA

View Full Version : Regarding water retention

Andreew89
06-25-2015, 08:14 AM
Hi guys,

So I have been cutting for the last couple of months and up until last week I have become very proud of my new look. I recon I am down to 11%BF but I do want to gain more muscles so I have changed my deficit to balance and a small calorie surplus each day. One thing I discover is that as soon as my diet is on balance I tend to become "chubby" quite easily and fast. Is there anyway to maintain the lean look at least over summer while on a small surplus or is it just inevitable to bind fluid and look chubby? I don't really feel like being on a deficit anymore and I do feel alot happier now when I eat properly.

I do avoid sodium, I fluid up and pee regularly as well as sweat a lot at the gym and when doing manual labor (baggage handler at the airport) during summer.

Cheers.

sevenhm
06-25-2015, 08:17 AM
Hi guys,

So I have been cutting for the last couple of months and up until last week I have become very proud of my new look. I recon I am down to 11%BF but I do want to gain more muscles so I have changed my deficit to balance and a small calorie surplus each day. One thing I discover is that as soon as my diet is on balance I tend to become "chubby" quite easily and fast. Is there anyway to maintain the lean look at least over summer while on a small surplus or is it just inevitable to bind fluid and look chubby? I don't really feel like being on a deficit anymore and I do feel alot happier now when I eat properly.

I do avoid sodium, I fluid up and pee regularly as well as sweat a lot at the gym and when doing manual labor (baggage handler at the airport) during summer.

Cheers.
Why do you avoid sodium? and how much is your "small" surplus?

Andreew89
06-25-2015, 08:21 AM
Actually at the moment I am at balance. However I am planning starting a surplus of around 300kcal each day, but since I have become chubby from just being at balance I do hesitate.

I avoid sodium because I have heard that it is a big contributor in bind fluids outside the muscles.