PDA

View Full Version : Eat one "cheat" food/drink and just want to go crazy and eat everything..

peacendlove
06-20-2015, 08:51 AM
Anyone else have the problem where they will eat something they don't normally eat (like ice cream cake or something junk-food related) or drink some beers and just want to go totally crazy and eat everything horrible possible? Its like a trigger- if I go off what I consider my normal routine, I just snap. How do you guys deal with this- I'm thinking the best way is just to avoid sweets like that all together? I really don't feel deprived and love eating the way I normally do, its just when I eat something I don't normally, its like a switch flips. I can't really do "cheat days" for this reason. Sorry for the TMI, but I also really hate when this whole triggering the crazy eating thing happens because I used to have a serious eating disorder and when I get into this mode I end up purging when I'm done and I'm trying my best to get away from this for good. It only happens maybe once every 6 or more months, but either way its not healthy and I feel the binging and purging is just sabotaging my efforts and its going to **** with my metabolism. So again, in this case, do you think its just best not to eat any triggering foods all together if I'm not really feeling deprived?

tucci420
06-20-2015, 09:00 AM
Does purging mean you throw up the food after?

peacendlove
06-20-2015, 09:07 AM
Does purging mean you throw up the food after?

Yes but I'm sure it doesn't get rid of all of it...

tucci420
06-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Yes but I'm sure it doesn't get rid of all of it...

You should probably see a doctor / psychologist if that behavior continues.

psalms1441
06-20-2015, 09:23 AM
normally eat (like ice cream cake or something junk-food related) or drink some beers?most people on this forum normally consume these things. I dont, but you will see that most do

ironwill2008
06-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Anyone else have the problem where they will eat something they don't normally eat (like ice cream cake or something junk-food related) or drink some beers and just want to go totally crazy and eat everything horrible possible? Its like a trigger- if I go off what I consider my normal routine, I just snap. How do you guys deal with this- I'm thinking the best way is just to avoid sweets like that all together? I really don't feel deprived and love eating the way I normally do, its just when I eat something I don't normally, its like a switch flips. I can't really do "cheat days" for this reason. Sorry for the TMI, but I also really hate when this whole triggering the crazy eating thing happens because I used to have a serious eating disorder and when I get into this mode I end up purging when I'm done and I'm trying my best to get away from this for good. It only happens maybe once every 6 or more months, but either way its not healthy and I feel the binging and purging is just sabotaging my efforts and its going to **** with my metabolism. So again, in this case, do you think its just best not to eat any triggering foods all together if I'm not really feeling deprived?

You need to get professional help for your issues. This is not the proper venue.

Good luck.