PDA

View Full Version : 20 whole eggs a day OK in relation to the rest of my diet?

YUN7
06-19-2015, 10:53 AM
I just started a bulk 4 days ago, so far I'm up 6 pounds with 8% body fat today (according to the resistance thingy at the gym). I know some of that is water weight. :)

Nearly all my protein is coming from eggs and I am still not getting the ratios I want. I'd like to up the eggs to about 20 a day.

Today my diet was 15 whole eggs cooked in corn oil, milk and butter, 6000 calories /12 servings/ of walnut bread, pasta with fried eggs, and an 8 stack of french toast I finished off just before writing this post.

I'm estimating around 8000 calories today so far in total, but I haven't calculated it with myfitnesspal yet. I'm still starving and I already ate most all the good food in the fridge except for a bunch of chicken breasts which were placed in the freezer and are now inconveniently frozen and I have no idea how to thaw/cook/throw them. I do have 2 dozen eggs left and I feel like I could go through another 2000 calories before sleeping. Am I good on going to town on those remaining eggs?

Also, my fitness trainer said I shouldn't eat after midnight as it is easy to gain stomach fat, I'm pretty sure that's not true, right?

Mrpb
06-19-2015, 10:56 AM
6 pounds in 4 days... going well. I suggest 24 eggs per day.

YUN7
06-19-2015, 11:02 AM
6 pounds in 4 days... going well. I suggest 24 eggs per day.
I got some weird stares last time walking to the checkout counter carrying 80 eggs (crates of 20) and nothing else. A weeks worth of 24 eggs is going to be interesting. People might mistake me for someone who is crazy. lol.

usersignup2
06-19-2015, 11:06 AM
why are you eating only 8000 cals? you should have at least 10,000 if not more.

YUN7
06-19-2015, 11:12 AM
why are you eating only 8000 cals? you should have at least 10,000 if not more.
I can probably get to 10,000 tonight if I can figure out what to eat. It's a battle between laziness and hunger. I could eat more, but I don't feel like cooking.

I guess I shouldn't eat more than 2x TDEE though, if I gain too fast I could get belly fat which would be undesirable. Or a stroke, which is even more undesirable. I'd better play it safe with 6000-8000 for now, I have a long ways to go before I'm in the big leagues. 8)

I should also note that today I decided to take a cholesterol supplement with every meal, better to play it safe.

Mrpb
06-19-2015, 11:18 AM
Alright, for the remote possibility you're not trolling and actually serious about this:

The most muscle you can gain per month is about 2 pounds. Guess what the rest is going to be.

YUN7
06-19-2015, 11:34 AM
Alright, for the remote possibility you're not trolling and actually serious about this:

The most muscle you can gain per month is about 2 pounds. Guess what the rest is going to be.

That's what everyone says, but I did this style of bulk 3 years ago for 2 months and gained 40 pounds (averaged almost a pound a day, 5000-6000 calories and 190g protein) and still kept a fairly low body fat %. I did start to get belly fat during the last couple weeks of the bulk. However I went from 7 pull ups at 135 pounds to 20 at 175 pounds and my shoulders/arms/chest were significantly bigger.. So, it seems like 2 pounds a month is extremely conservative, I'm not sure how to square that away with my own experience.

But yeah, I am mostly serious although I do realize it sounds a bit ridiculous. lol.

nathangreen
06-19-2015, 12:40 PM
8000 calories a day, gaining 40lb in 2months, low bf%

Sounds legit OP

loganhart
06-19-2015, 04:07 PM
http://img.memecdn.com/dont-mind-me_o_916450.jpg

Represente
06-19-2015, 08:07 PM
This can't be real.. Can it?

camby62480
06-19-2015, 08:12 PM
pics of 8% body fat or you are not real

YUN7
06-19-2015, 08:31 PM
8000 calories a day, gaining 40lb in 2months, low bf%

Sounds legit OP

I guess low bf% is relative, I definitely did add some fat. It just wasn't highly noticeable. I would say that I gained more than 4 pounds of muscle though, so 2 lb/s a month seems pretty low to me. If it's not possible, how would you explain Christian bale going from the machinist to batman in 6 weeks? (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dark_knight_training.htm) I had similar experience, but not quite as dramatic as Christian bale. Doesn't really matter if I convince anybody, but I did keep a daily log on myfitness pal and took progress pictures. I'm not a patient person and I don't believe in moderation. If I do anything, I overdue it. But, it worked last time for me so why not. :P The only concern for me is that I don't have access to the same foods/protein powders I had last time and my heart health is pretty dumpy. As long as I don't have a heart attack I'm fine with adding a few pounds of fat.

ErikTheElectric
06-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Why one would ever want to consume this many eggs.. is beyond me.

YUN7
06-19-2015, 08:44 PM
Why one would ever want to consume this many eggs.. is beyond me.

Are there any cheap alternatives that taste better and are easy to make? I'm not a good cook, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. At a dozen eggs for 2 dollars it seems like the cheapest protein available.

camby62480
06-19-2015, 09:02 PM
egg prices are going to be going up ya know.. and there will most likely be a limit as to how many one can buy at once.. and you can buy a lb of chicken for 2.99 and get that much protein

ErikTheElectric
06-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Are there any cheap alternatives that taste better and are easy to make? I'm not a good cook, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. At a dozen eggs for 2 dollars it seems like the cheapest protein available.

If I wasn't fully convinced that you're troll. I'd answer this question seriously.

YUN7
06-19-2015, 09:28 PM
egg prices are going to be going up ya know.. and there will most likely be a limit as to how many one can buy at once.. and you can buy a lb of chicken for 2.99 and get that much protein

Alright, I guess I have to learn how to cook those frozen chicken parts I have in the freezer.

camby62480
06-19-2015, 10:03 PM
honestly unless u are an idiot, its not hard to defrost, take chicken breasts out night before, put them in fridge to defrost, cook on grill, in over, in crock pot, on stove top.. to temp of 170. not rocket science.. season as u like

TheIronAsylum
06-19-2015, 10:04 PM
do it and run bloodwork

Mrpb
06-19-2015, 11:09 PM
Shows us a pic please.

Want to see what the 8%, 5'10", 175 lbs, 8000 calories bulker looks like.

ErikTheElectric
06-19-2015, 11:28 PM
Shows us a pic please.

Want to see what the 8%, 5'10", 175 lbs, 8000 calories bulker looks like.

This.

Show us also your food diary each day OP. No way you're eating a quarter of that.

YUN7
06-20-2015, 12:12 AM
honestly unless u are an idiot, its not hard to defrost, take chicken breasts out night before, put them in fridge to defrost, cook on grill, in over, in crock pot, on stove top.. to temp of 170. not rocket science.. season as u like

http://i.imgur.com/NEm6rR1.jpg
Dear diary,
The chicken parts are proving to be a fierce adversary, I fear I may have underestimated their unwillingness to be consumed. Looks like french toast for dinner.

YUN7
06-20-2015, 12:27 AM
This.

Show us also your food diary each day OP. No way you're eating a quarter of that.
The bulk of my calories now is coming from the bread I make each day. Here is the nutritional information which was calculated from all the ingredients:
Half cup whole milk, 69 calories
2 cups wheat flour 714 calories
half cup white sugar 260 calories
quarter cup brown sugar 160 calories
sweetened condensed milk
tablespoon 161 calories
corn oil, 4.5 tablespoons 540 calories
2 eggs 120 calories
Bananas
140 calories
Vodka 80 proof
Butter 25-50 grams ( sometimes I mix the butter and oil ratios depending on how I want it to taste)
Walnuts 1 cup 760 calories (sometimes I use 2 cups of walnuts for even more calories)
Milk powder

Makes 6 servings.
Total is 505 calories per serving give or take,
I eat 12 servings a day.

soup with white pepper and a fried egg and corn oil (I use instant noodles and add the extra oil and egg). I need to scan the barcode but it's at least 500 calories.

French toast are made with 4 eggs, milk, vodka cinn and all the other stuff.

I eat my eggs as egg salad, 3 egg sandwiches with thousand idland, mayo, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato, etc. and when I make scrambled I add milk and butter.

Yesterday was 12 servings bread, 18 eggs ate in sandwiches and scrambled, soup, and some milk. Also 8 slices of french toast made with raison bread (the whole loaf). I haven't calculated the exact calories but I'm estimating at least 8000. After I left the post I ate 3 more eggs scrambled.

I'll post from my journal a few years ago if anyone is interested, I was getting a lot of the intake from milk, ensure, walnuts, and protein powder and I assure you it was all very accurate.

I can also share everything I ate from 3 years ago when I averaged 5-6000 calories a day because I recorded every tiny thing obsessively on myfitnesspal, I just have to look back 3 years to get it. Also, I ate mostly processed foods so almost everything was scanned by barcode with accurate nutrition information and servings (such as the ensure plus for example)

EDIT: I went back and checked through myfitnesslogs. I guess you're right, there were a lot of days where I wasn't eating anywhere near 6000 calories, My low days were around 4000 and my high days were around 6000. There were a few days in there where I was 'only eating around 3500 calories or less. Maybe I remember wrong, it was 3 years ago. I guess I will tone it down to around 4-5000 calories.

Sunday, Apr 1, 2012
Pecan Praline Granola
Trader Joes 2 cups 840 calories
3 cups trader joes 1% milk 330 calories
white rice 5/8 cup raw 439 calories
Nachos with cheese beans ground beef and peppers 853 calories
ensure plus chocolate 350 calories
100% pomegranate juice 8 oz 150 calories
16 pieces black licorice 520 calories
1 tbs salted butter 102 calories
lactose free plus chocolate splash from carnation instant breakfast 250 ml 375 calories
1 cup walnut pieces 800 calories
1 tablespoon peanut butter 100 calories
1% trader joes milk 1 cup 110 calories
100% pomegranate juice 8 oz 150 calories
Cranberry pomegranate emergenc 2 packets 40 calories

The duplicates aren't a mistake, I just ate them at different meals.

total 5159 calories

Mrpb
06-20-2015, 12:37 AM
Still waiting for a picture.

And a video of you doing 20 bodyweight pull ups with good form. Not that it's unique but it would help your credibility. I'll rep you if you upload the video.

bartolomei
06-20-2015, 12:53 AM
I should also note that today I decided to take a cholesterol supplement with every meal, better to play it safe.

Can you say which exact supplement? Many are available but, in general, they are not very effective. It sounds you have a personal feeling you are eating in a bad way.

YUN7
06-20-2015, 01:00 AM
Can you say which exact supplement? Many are available but, in general, they are not very effective. It sounds you have a personal feeling you are eating in a bad way.

Cholestoff plus and Cholestoff complete. There is a couple more that I'd like to try but I haven't bought them yet. I'm also trying to add corn oil to as many meals as possible.

Still waiting for a picture.

And a video of you doing 20 bodyweight pull ups with good form. Not that it's unique but it would help your credibility. I'll rep you if you upload the video.
The last bulk was 3 years ago, I can share progress pictures from back then I believe I posted them on bodybuilding.com before but I took them down. I haven't walked into a gym since then so I've been out of shape for years now. I'm basically trying to revisit my previous plan to get back in shape. I just signed up for a new gym a week ago. Hopefully all goes well and I can upload that video, but I definitely can't do 20 pull ups anymore. :P

Also, the reason I stopped last time was because I had a serious shoulder injury lifting weights and I couldn't raise my right arm over my shoulder for months. It still gets sore when I lift weights, probably inflammation or weak supporting muscles. Also, the guy that motivated me to work out every day moved away so I lost the will to go to the gym every day.

Edit: I should also clarify that I didn't have an 8 percent body fat last time I finished my bulk. According to the gym machine that is my body fat as of yesterday, 3 years having not worked out. I didn't measure my body fat last time as I worked out in my residential gym.

necon76
06-20-2015, 01:01 AM
I think OP is a pretty cool guy. Eh uber-fulks & doesn't afraid of anything.

tommydec02
06-20-2015, 01:17 AM
Why not get protein from something else besides all eggs geez that would get old

bartolomei
06-20-2015, 01:39 AM
Cholestoff plus and Cholestoff complete. There is a couple more that I'd like to try but I haven't bought them yet. I'm also trying to add corn oil to as many meals as possible.

From their website:
"CholestOff® Plus is made with Reducol™, a proprietary blend of plant sterols and stanols (also called phytosterols) that can help lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol by reducing the absorption of dietary cholesterol into the bloodstream"

You get a lot of cholesterol solely from eggs and sterols-stanols prevent absorption some of it. This does not already mean sterols-stanols lower LDL, since it's not even sure if dietary cholesterol raises LDL in your case...Hypercaloric diet alone can raise LDL. Also, as Mrpb said in another thread, you can't make all health conclusions from blood cholesterol.

Mrpb
06-20-2015, 01:39 AM
Yun, the machine in your gym is a BIA device, they're very inaccurate. They can not distinguish between water and muscle. They can only guess your body fat percentage based on your weight and the impedance of a current running through your body.

If you want to test it measure your body fat, then drink 2 liters of water and measure it again.

About your bulking rate, maybe if you're extremely lucky you can gain 3 pounds of actual muscle tissue in one month. The rest of what you gain is water weight, glycogen, intra muscle fat, fat around your organs, fat underneath your skin etc. Only the fat underneath your skin is what you notice in the mirror.

YUN7
06-20-2015, 02:02 AM
From their website:
"CholestOff® Plus is made with Reducol™, a proprietary blend of plant sterols and stanols (also called phytosterols) that can help lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol by reducing the absorption of dietary cholesterol into the bloodstream"

You get a lot of cholesterol solely from eggs and sterols-stanols prevent absorption some of it. This does not already mean sterols-stanols lower LDL, since it's not even sure if dietary cholesterol raises LDL in your case...Hypercaloric diet alone can raise LDL. Also, as Mrpb said in another thread, you can't make all health conclusions from blood cholesterol.

Interesting, thanks for the information. Are there any others you would recommend?

Guys, I'm trying to be more healthy. So, I just downed 1600 ml of apple cider vinegar in bed while waiting for those frozen chicken parts to come out of the oven. Only 544 calories according to the label.
http://i.imgur.com/eJzMxxX.jpg?1

Yun, the machine in your gym is a BIA device, they're very inaccurate. They can not distinguish between water and muscle. They can only guess your body fat percentage based on your weight and the impedance of a current running through your body.

If you want to test it measure your body fat, then drink 2 liters of water and measure it again.

About your bulking rate, maybe if you're extremely lucky you can gain 3 pounds of actual muscle tissue in one month. The rest of what you gain is water weight, glycogen, intra muscle fat, fat around your organs, fat underneath your skin etc. Only the fat underneath your skin is what you notice in the mirror.
Yeah, I kind of figured they weren't very accurate. Still, I have a hard time believing it's not possible given Christian Bale's and my own experience. I'm not saying my results were nearly as impressive as his, but it seems like there has to be another explanation besides intra-muscle fat and water weight. No doubt they all play a role, but 2-3 pounds seems like so little, especially for the increased strength I had. Also, I'm not claiming I could have kept up those gains for longer than 2 months. As I said, I definitely started to notice more fat showing up in my stomach during the last 2 weeks. It's worth noting that there were other variables, as I changed my diet near the end and I started eating less ensure and other gainer shakes and protein powders, and filling in more calories with my own shake made with nuts, which lowered my fat to protein ratio significantly.

EDIT:
Dear diary,
I've vanquished the ferociously delicious frozen chicken beast. Is this what victory tastes like?
http://i.imgur.com/qHZOoRr.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/klgoSXC.jpg?1

necon76
06-20-2015, 02:37 AM
Guys, I'm trying to be more healthy. So, I just downed 1600 ml of apple cider vinegar in bed while waiting for those frozen chicken parts to come out of the oven. Only 544 calories according to the label.

LMAO. Keep rolling cuz.

bartolomei
06-20-2015, 03:32 AM
Interesting, thanks for the information. Are there any others you would recommend?

No.

YUN7
06-20-2015, 04:43 AM
No.
The bottle says it lowers dietary and genetic cholesterol though, in big letters on the front. Sounds like it's my best bet because clearly these eggs are not going to eat themselves. Have you tasted the joy of the triple fried egg sandwich? Nobody can say for sure when your heart will give out, I just know that I don't want to be skinny when it happens. That said, I'm probably going to keep an aspirin in my pocket to hedge my bets.

I'll dial it back to 4-5000 calories a day but I don't think I can do less than that, I signed up for 1 month pass at the gym on a trial basis and at 40 dollars I intend to get the most out of it... If I gain a bit of fat in the process I can just run it off later or buy a jump-rope.