PDA

View Full Version : Foods to eat in between lifting & endurance training?

cooknick
06-18-2015, 12:33 PM
On a few days a week I do both endurance work and lifting. (swimming, running). Any good foods/quick snacks I could eat in between going from lifting -> endurance (or vice versa)? I have a weakish stomach when it comes to swimming and running, so preferably lighter foods.

tucci420
06-18-2015, 01:07 PM
banana, almonds, protein shake, celery & peanut butter, a couple pieces of bread, or anything that fits your macros.

cooknick
06-18-2015, 01:26 PM
preferably something that will digest relatively quick and be useful for the activity. i.e. i don't think almonds would be of much use to eat before lifting since they are fibrous and fatty.

Jcart159
06-18-2015, 01:33 PM
preferably something that will digest relatively quick and be useful for the activity. i.e. i don't think almonds would be of much use to eat before lifting since they are fibrous and fatty.

You think the foods you eat an hour or so before you workout are going to be fully digested and providing your body with nutrients by the time you work out?

I got bad news for you bud...

Eat whatever makes you feel best. Not sure why you are looking to a forum to tell you what YOU like.

cooknick
06-18-2015, 01:38 PM
Eat whatever makes you feel best. Not sure why you are looking to a forum to tell you what YOU like.
Was using the forum to see if anyone was like "hey this food is easily digested and good for before working out"

loganhart
06-18-2015, 01:43 PM
You can eat anything you prefer or absolutely nothing at all if you prefer.

jindesu
06-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Useful for the activity:

sugar + water

Jcart159
06-18-2015, 01:46 PM
Was using the forum to see if anyone was like "hey this food is easily digested and good for before working out"

Hard for me to pinpoint what will exactly make you not feel full before your workout. Some people get really full from things like oats, others not so much.

If you are having a tough time digesting food before you work out, train fasted? Have a couple gatorades inbetween workouts? Eat some fruit?

EjnarKolinkar
06-18-2015, 01:49 PM

Hmm, drink a Gatorade?

Rice cakes?

4 slices of dry white toast?

jonnicola
06-18-2015, 03:55 PM
You'll find nutrition the day before becomes important when doing twice a day activities, especially if you perform better on an empty/light stomach.

That being said, foodstuffs like EK above suggested are easily digestible. White rice and oats also.

(inb4 erik and pb/banana sandwiches)