PDA

View Full Version : Leaner but moving up in weight?

Bdm107
06-16-2015, 08:48 AM
Really don't know what to believe anymore.

Started a cut at 180lbs now I am 188lbs but look leaner and all my lifts have been going up. I thought it was impossible to build muscle and loose fat at the same time, someone explain this

Been lifting 4+ years btw

FaroukNaas
06-16-2015, 09:32 AM
started at 180lbs.
cutting.
ended at 188 lbs.
leaner
???

sounds like a lean bulk to me buddy. if you maintain fat levels and gain 8lbs of muscle, you will look MUCH leaner.

100lbs at 10% bodyfat is 10lbs of fat. gain 10lbs of muscle and you are 110lbs with same 10lbs of fat, but now you are 9% bodyfat

understand?

mhenkes
06-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Good for you! Sounds like a clean bulk!

Striation
06-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Op goofed and bulked when he was trying to cut. Deficit turned into surplus and you're lifting so you look better. Grats bruh

Shadoof77
06-16-2015, 10:30 PM
Not too many people can accidentally pull that off...

MrM27
06-16-2015, 10:39 PM
How many weeks?
What's your TDEE?
How many calories are you eating daily?
Macros in grams?
Describe you training and lifts progression.

Bdm107
06-17-2015, 07:31 AM
How many weeks?
What's your TDEE?
How many calories are you eating daily?
Macros in grams?
Describe you training and lifts progression.
-About 4 weeks in
-TDEE is 2610 according to iifym
- Use my fitness pal and eat no more than 2160 calories daily
- I do a P/P/L lifting routine

Confused, I did a 4+ month cut before spring break and went from 209 to 174lbs.

I feel like I'm dieting way more aggressively now than my last cut, even upped my cardio.

Bdm107
06-17-2015, 07:36 AM
Also I might add that was different from my last cut is that I have been regularly taking

-Vitamin D3 (was deficient in)
-Fish oil
-Zinc

On my last cut I was drinking 1-3 nights a week at college too.

josephz2va
06-17-2015, 08:05 AM
It depends on a couple of aspects:
- Nutrition: How is your nutrition's quality? Eating clean enough and staying away from all the bad things (Donuts, cookies, candy). Are you following a program that has a list of foods to buy and following them to the letter including portions? Are you weighing them accurately? Food weight is different than "cup measurements" or "tablespoon measurements". We may think we're pouring 3 tablespoons of egg whites in (0.09 pounds), but people like me, pour the container in a frying pan or microwave cooker and it's in fact 1 pound.
- Active Daily: Cardio workouts are important, weights are also important, and personal training is fundamental. I do PT every night via workout videos, cardiovascular 30 minutes a morning and weights 30 to 60 minutes a morning. What's mostly important to losing fat is also personal training workouts.
- Maintaining Control: How much nutrition you are consuming can become an offset. I gained 10 pounds in a week trying a protein only diet on my own, but fat remained 13.2% because I was active with my schedule all 7 days and on my feet mostly at work. But that gained size instead of losing size around the belly.

Maintaining control of caloric intake is important and burning hard can pay off. I dropped those 10 pounds on my original portion controlled program. I gained fat to 22% fat taking 2 rest days, but dropped to 15.9% in 3 days when I returned to the active program. It's important to keep your system in play as many days as you can and you can drop your fat percentage.

MrM27
06-17-2015, 08:28 AM
- Nutrition: How is your nutrition's quality? Eating clean enough and staying away from all the bad things (Donuts, cookies, candy). Are you following a program that has a list of foods to buy and following them to the letter including portions? Are you weighing them accurately? Food weight is different than "cup measurements" or "tablespoon measurements". We may think we're pouring 3 tablespoons of egg whites in (0.09 pounds), but people like me, pour the container in a frying pan or microwave cooker and it's in fact 1 pound.
- Active Daily: Cardio workouts are important, weights are also important, and personal training is fundamental. I do PT every night via workout videos, cardiovascular 30 minutes a morning and weights 30 to 60 minutes a morning. What's mostly important to losing fat is also personal training workouts.
- Maintaining Control: How much nutrition you are consuming can become an offset. I gained 10 pounds in a week trying a protein only diet on my own, but fat remained 13.2% because I was active with my schedule all 7 days and on my feet mostly at work. But that gained size instead of losing size around the belly.

Maintaining control of caloric intake is important and burning hard can pay off. I dropped those 10 pounds on my original portion controlled program. I gained fat to 22% fat taking 2 rest days, but dropped to 15.9% in 3 days when I returned to the active program. It's important to keep your system in play as many days as you can and you can drop your fat percentage.
You keep saying things that aren't very important, like that whole "bad foods". There are bad overall diets. Looking at 1 single item is completely ignoring context.

MilkyQuaver
06-17-2015, 08:36 AM

:D :D

NO one has ever got fit and looked good by not having a PT...