PDA

View Full Version : Lower cals or cardio first

benwilkinson9
06-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Currently 3 weeks in to my cut started at 188lb now at 186 1/2 (been this for 4 days) am 5ft 10

macros are 210 protein 65 fat 280 carb

would you lower the carbs first or incorporate cardio?

joshuadelapenha
06-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Incorporate cardio if you aren't doing any at all currently.

sevenhm
06-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Currently 3 weeks in to my cut started at 188lb now at 186 1/2 (been this for 4 days) am 5ft 10

would you lower the carbs first or incorporate cardio?"

Could you give us more info like your height/age/routine? Cardio isn't necessary for fat loss and it all depends on your overall goals. You can add cardio and have more room for food. However at some point depending on how lean you want to get you may need to do an excessive amount of cardio to offset your calories and will affect your training. I would suggest you decrease carbs by 25 grams until you achieve the desired rate of weight loss and incorporate cardio when need be. If you prefer the other option then incorporate a set amount of calories burned via cardio.

rhadam
06-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Cardio may not be necessary for weight loss, but it is essential for cardiovascular health and fitness.

repower
06-04-2015, 06:39 PM

would you lower the carbs first or incorporate cardio?

What if I told you that you can keep your calories and not doing cardio?

NEAT. Increse your neat: Move more through the day; walk instead of taking the bus, don't stay too much sitting, etc. Use your legs.

Elleon
06-04-2015, 07:40 PM
i'd lower carbs first, as cardio can contribute to total calories burned in a day, but it doesn't nessecarily mean that you are burning fat whilest doing it.
if you want to incorperate some good cardio, i'd do HIIT, it lets you burn more calories post-workout due to the EPOC it creates.

Ennyn
06-04-2015, 07:48 PM
The safest way would be to program your macros, then incorporate the cardio and depending on how much cardio you do, eat more proportionally to what you had in the beginning.. So I`d say lower the carbs, and on the days you do some intense cardio, eat a bit more to support it, filling the calories you lost with more carbs, protein and fats

benwilkinson9
06-05-2015, 01:54 AM
thanks everyone for the comments, i think i may lower my carbs by 20/30 to see how that goes for a week. I am wanting to also get a little bit fitter due to starting 5 a side, if i was to do cardio twice a week would you up the cals on those days or still have the carbs 20/30 lower on those days?

sevenhm
06-05-2015, 02:40 AM
thanks everyone for the comments, i think i may lower my carbs by 20/30 to see how that goes for a week. I am wanting to also get a little bit fitter due to starting 5 a side, if i was to do cardio twice a week would you up the cals on those days or still have the carbs 20/30 lower on those days?

You're complicating things for no reason. If you were to do cardio to further a caloric deficit why would you up your carbs.. If you're not losing weight at your current calories and want to incorporate cardio without it affecting your training incorporate it slowly and gradually till you get the desired results. If you only want to do a deficit via food aim to lose 1.5-2lbs per 2 weeks if you're not losing any weight or the rate is slower than that drop your carbs by 25 and vise versa if you lose too fast.