PDA

View Full Version : Blog your experiences with undereating/IF/or not getting proper nutrition

datderelowtes
06-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Hey everyone.

Last year I had some illness that had my bladder emptying every 10-15 minutes. I was prescribed antibiotics 3 times a day and I noticed I was going diarrhea a lot, lost my appetite, and then had some kind of break down a week later that threw my body and mind off track.

I was wondering what kind of mental effects, that you can recall, that you experienced when not getting proper nutrition. I read that antibiotics kill off the good and bad bacteria in your gut, does this come back? Since that illness I haven't had that damn I'm hungry feeling anymore. So I usually don't eat until the afternoon. In the mean time I feel uncoordinated, unfocused, I feel like I have add, I get anxiety from this.

ShyGuyXS
06-03-2015, 12:20 PM
When I was seriously malnourished, I had a ton of issues. This is a shortened list:

- Lack of concentration and focus
- No energy to do tasks
- Lack of sleep at night
- Anxiety, depression
- Poor decision-making
- Often feeling cold

A bit of an extreme example, but the effects of long-term undereating and improper nutrition are not fun.

Follix
06-03-2015, 12:34 PM
I would mostly agree wuth ShyGuysXS:

- Insomnia
- Feeling cold all the time
- Feeling weak all the time
- Just thinking about food and not caring about anything else
- No libido

datderelowtes
06-05-2015, 12:09 PM
Reps above

datderelowtes
06-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Bump. Reps for any other experiences

Nosmail
06-11-2015, 02:45 PM
I would mostly agree wuth ShyGuysXS:

- Insomnia
- Feeling cold all the time
- Feeling weak all the time
- Just thinking about food and not caring about anything else
- No libido

insomnia because no melatonin being produced
cold because low serotonin \temp dysreg
no libido low dopamine

all possibilities

O731
06-11-2015, 06:47 PM
You find out that BMR LITERALLY means BASAL metabolic rate. All you have the energy to do is sleep and be a vegetable. Literally getting off the couch to go to the bathroom takes so much effort. This is cutting at 1500 cals with cardio and lifting @ around 135 lbs.

Follix
06-11-2015, 06:57 PM
insomnia because no melatonin being produced
cold because low serotonin \temp dysreg
no libido low dopamine

all possibilities

Yes but even more obvious: an out of whack cortisol and very low LH pulsality so very low T levels. As a 5'10 guy it's still the case even if I am around 175lbs now and let me tell you it's not muscle.