PDA

View Full Version : What am i doing wrong at 1600 calories?

Chapmansbody
05-30-2015, 03:36 AM
Hi guys, i hope im posting this in the right thread.

Stats: 23, Female, 162 lbs, 5ft4

Ive always been active and played rugby and ran 5km daily. I recently took up weightlifting 6 weeks ago. I weight lift 6 days a week, run 5km once a week and do 30min hiit cardio 2/3 times a week. I eat 1600 calories daily, my macros are broken down as follows: 53f 160p 120c. I weigh everything. I've noticed my muscles are getting more defined and bigger but i don't seem to be getting smaller in size. i made the error of weighing myself and i noticed the number had gone up. My weight at the top is a rough estimate of how much i weighed when i weighed myself a few weeks ago.

Please help, i dont know what more i can do. I feel like all my hard work is not for nothing.

NickanthonyPT
05-30-2015, 03:41 AM
You need to buy a rope measure and measure your waist this will indicate if your putting on muscle but losing fat. Sounds like your making beginner muscular gains which is why your weighing more. Goodluck don't let it get you down.

gbullock32
05-30-2015, 03:42 AM
New to lifting? Possible for beginners to add muscle and drop fat at the same time.

Other causes- not tracking accurately, over/under estimating TDEE. Though those seem slightly less likely for you.

Kgb346
05-30-2015, 05:21 AM
Sounds like you gained muscle and lost body fat, thus remaining at the same weight. That's not a bad thing, since you're creating a body that will burn more calories in the future. I would suggest getting your body fat measured instead of going off total weight alone.

KobiDC
05-30-2015, 06:09 AM
Fluctuations in water weight can **** with your scale readings.

I suspect it's a matter of not tracking your macros properly though. Are you weighing everything you eat? Including the oils? etc.