PDA

View Full Version : Boxing: Kovalev vs Beterbiev

BroMart88
05-29-2015, 08:20 AM
Question for the boxing aficionados. Who wins in this dream fight?

Daz206
05-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Kovalev

Lunatic
05-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Kovalev. Beterbiev has only fought 8 professional fights. Kovalev has 20 more fights than Beterbiev. Experience factor.

BrightonBomber
05-29-2015, 11:55 AM
You'd have to favour Kovalev at the moment as he has shown and proven more than Beterbiev at this point. Kovalev beat BHop like nobody has before and he stopped Pascal which nobody else has managed to do.

But Beterbiev is looking like a total beast and seems to hit even harder than Kovalev. His KO's of Campillo and Cloud suggest he is already world class with only a handful of fights. But how will he cope with Kovalev's movement and while he hits hard can he take a punch?

When this fight does happen it will be huge or I at least hope it will be.

BroMart88
05-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Kovalev. Beterbiev has only fought 8 professional fights. Kovalev has 20 more fights than Beterbiev. Experience factor. Beterbiev supposedly beat Kovalev two times as an amateur, but I agree, I believe Kovalev has grown alot since he started fighting in the States. Beterbiev is a monster, his two most recent fights were against former world champs(albeit past their primes.) I see this fight being the premier matchup in the upcoming years, and I don't see anyone (ward isn't going to move up to LHW and Kovalev isn't going to fight at a catchweight) dethroningthese guys.

jamesbwbevis
05-29-2015, 11:59 AM
Kovalev, never even seen beterbiev no care

BroMart88
05-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Kovalev, never even seen beterbiev no care I'm a huge kovalev fan, but I still have to question if he could win this fight. Beterbiev looks like a cruiserweight in the ring and has unbelievable raw power for the weightclass. He reminds me of a young tyson

AirJordanB
05-29-2015, 01:37 PM
I know Beterbiev beat Kovalev in the amateurs, but that doesn't mean much. Amateurs aren't like the pros. Ismayl Sillakh beat Beterbiev in the amateurs and Sergey knocked Sillakh's head off in the 2nd round of their pro fight. Just goes to show how little amateur bouts matter once you turn pro.

Kovalev would beat Beterbiev. Too much experience and Beterbiev hasn't exactly been facing stellar competition as a pro thus far, while Kovalev just walked through two top LHWs.

BroMart88
05-29-2015, 01:52 PM
I know Beterbiev beat Kovalev in the amateurs, but that doesn't mean much. Amateurs aren't like the pros. Ismayl Sillakh beat Beterbiev in the amateurs and Sergey knocked Sillakh's head off in the 2nd round of their pro fight. Just goes to show how little amateur bouts matter once you turn pro.

Kovalev would beat Beterbiev. Too much experience and Beterbiev hasn't exactly been facing stellar competition as a pro thus far, while Kovalev just walked through two top LHWs.

That's true. Sillakh showed that he didnt have much of a chin with smaller gloves and no headgear... I still believe that this fight is going to be a tossup when it does happen. One things for sure though, Adonis' reign is about to come to an abrupt end.

TBETBE23
05-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/sergey-kovalev-shreds-artur-beterbiev-over-trash-talk--88786#ixzz3bZ3749NX
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

I will put on a good show and fight April 4th," Beterbiev continued. "When I step in the ring, I don't have a friend. I want to continue to get better until I face Sergey Kovalev again. And I will beat him again!"

Kovalev has responded to his countryman.

"It's interesting that he says he beat me at something. What is it a dream of something? We met twice [in the amateurs], where in the first two rounds Beterbiev's head was touching his ass, and then in the third and fourth rounds - when I was tired - he could not do anything with me. All of his punches struck air, as if he was doing shadow boxing. The entire Russian team will confirm what happened in Kislovodsk," Kovalev said.

"And the second time [we met] was in the Russian championships and the judges gave him the victory as I had no support behind me and I was fighting on my own against an entire corrupt commission in Magnitogorsk. So there is no need to mislead people, Artur. First earn a fight with me, and then I will punish you.

BroMart88
05-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/sergey-kovalev-shreds-artur-beterbiev-over-trash-talk--88786#ixzz3bZ3749NX
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

I will put on a good show and fight April 4th," Beterbiev continued. "When I step in the ring, I don't have a friend. I want to continue to get better until I face Sergey Kovalev again. And I will beat him again!"

Kovalev has responded to his countryman.

"It's interesting that he says he beat me at something. What is it a dream of something? We met twice [in the amateurs], where in the first two rounds Beterbiev's head was touching his ass, and then in the third and fourth rounds - when I was tired - he could not do anything with me. All of his punches struck air, as if he was doing shadow boxing. The entire Russian team will confirm what happened in Kislovodsk," Kovalev said.

"And the second time [we met] was in the Russian championships and the judges gave him the victory as I had no support behind me and I was fighting on my own against an entire corrupt commission in Magnitogorsk. So there is no need to mislead people, Artur. First earn a fight with me, and then I will punish you.

Nice. I hope the fight happens

KingGregor
06-15-2016, 08:03 PM
I don't think Kovalev's movement will be too much of a problem for Beterbiev. I pick Beterbiev because he is a very smart fighter who not only punches with power but he is very accurate. He is great finisher so far and I think could catch Kovalev and be dangerous at all times during the fight.