PDA

View Full Version : Will being hydrated make a difference in my life?

Kronosis
05-22-2015, 10:26 AM
So I got an watch app called 'Drink!' which reminds me to drink 6 cups of water throughout the day.

I'll be lucky if I drink a whole cup of water in the day. I get my water sources from lemonade, milk, Hawaiin punch, and assorted juices (the little water content they have anyways lol), will I notice any difference when I start drinking 6 cups of water a day? If so, what?

MetilHed
05-22-2015, 10:31 AM
So I got an watch app called 'Drink!' which reminds me to drink 6 cups of water throughout the day.

I'll be lucky if I drink a whole cup of water in the day. I get my water sources from lemonade, milk, Hawaiin punch, and assorted juices (the little water content they have anyways lol), will I notice any difference when I start drinking 6 cups of water a day? If so, what?

The vast majority of all of those things is water. If you're dehydrated now, then there will be a difference.

Domicron
05-22-2015, 10:38 AM
The vast majority of all of those things is water. If you're dehydrated now, then there will be a difference.

if you're actually dehydrated: you'll quickly grab something to remedy that. it's an awful feeling.

personally i try to limit my liquid calories to soup and milk unless i'm really craving something else. when i was a soda-fiend i really don't enjoy them; i just drank them because yi was used to it.

Tumsinmuhbelly
05-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Dehydrated? You'd feel it. It's a nasty, light headed, puke infested place.

Gen1GT
05-22-2015, 02:13 PM
You need an app to remind you to drink?

You're 20, and you're not dead yet. I think you're doing fine with your hydration plan.

SuffolkPunch
05-22-2015, 02:49 PM
FYI, the current medical advice is to drink a glass of water with each meal and whenever you feel thirsty.

An app seems a little obsessive.

Spetz777
05-22-2015, 03:12 PM
App to know if your dehydrated or not.
Thread of the year. lol just lol.
Rule of thumb is body weight in ounces more or less. I Shoot for a gallon or more if im active or under a gallon if im not.
LiSten to your body

rhadam
05-22-2015, 05:11 PM

Why is it that every post you make on this forum leaves me scratching my head wondering if you actually do suffer from some sort of mental retardation?

AFC96
05-22-2015, 10:44 PM
There is stupid..

Then there's you.

VegemiteOP
05-23-2015, 04:23 AM

Being well hydrated will have a major affect on your day to day life and workout performance.

Being dehydrated causes your body to build up more Lactate Acids in your muscle tissue, which in tact (aside from a host of other induced serious illnesses) will cause the muscle's your working out to fatigue and tire earlier in your workout than usual, and also increase the time your muscles take to repair and grow. If you do start drinking more than you are at the moment, it wouldn't be surprising if you noticed a boost in you energy levels and felt a lot better in general within a few days.

Keep in mind too, it is possible and very common to be mildly dehydrated on a regular basis and not suffer from any common symptoms.

jonnicola
05-23-2015, 05:04 AM
Another day, another enigma from Kronosis.

jnbrk
05-23-2015, 09:08 AM
again op is only asking questions and trying to learn but some ****ing smartasses itt talk ****

typical bb forums

negging every one of you phaggots come at me

App to know if your dehydrated or not.
Thread of the year. lol just lol.
Rule of thumb is body weight in ounces more or less. I Shoot for a gallon or more if im active or under a gallon if im not.
LiSten to your body

starting weight: 130

title of the year. lol just lol.

my starting weight is 2 mg

here what i was looking like

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Human_Embryo.JPG

There is stupid..

Then there's you.

there are alpha wannabe keyboard talker teen pussy manlets..

then there is you

go say this to ops face and watch him beat your manlet ass to death lol

negged you two come at me

AFC96
05-23-2015, 10:16 AM
there are alpha wannabe keyboard talker teen pussy manlets..

then there is you

go say this to ops face and watch him beat your manlet ass to death lol

negged you two come at me

People who lacks proper education always resolves their problems violence. Probably like you.

Btw thanks for the neg. It really affected my rep points.

jnbrk
05-23-2015, 10:48 AM
People who lacks proper education always resolves their problems violence. Probably like you.

omg im crying you negged me pls never again

AFC96
05-23-2015, 10:56 AM
omg im crying you negged me pls never again

I'll try not too. No promises though :(

desslok
05-23-2015, 11:46 AM
Why is it that every post you make on this forum leaves me scratching my head wondering if you actually do suffer from some sort of mental retardation?

Theres a watch app for that!

gbullock32
05-23-2015, 12:29 PM
There is stupid..

Then there's you.He does manage o lower the bar with every post, it's almost impressive.

jnbrk
05-23-2015, 12:51 PM
There is stupid..

Then there's you.

Talks about lack of proper education

Calls people stupid who are gently asking something

Brain not even once

Kronosis
05-23-2015, 03:45 PM

It's called Autism Spectrum Disorder.

rhadam
05-23-2015, 04:32 PM
It's called Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Nice try. However, ASD is more of a communicative disorder, not impairment of intelligence/critical thinking.

Ya, i also have experience with the DSM. Holy fuk i love being smart.

desslok
05-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Nice try. However, ASD is more of a communicative disorder, not impairment of intelligence/critical thinking.

Maybe he suffers from Kronosis. Bet you they didn't learn you that in your fancy book learnin school.

necon76
05-23-2015, 06:32 PM
Imma create an app called Breathe.

OT2000
05-23-2015, 06:33 PM
Well this has been fun

AFC96
05-23-2015, 06:34 PM
Talks about lack of proper education

Calls people stupid who are gently asking something

Brain not even once

A stupid question, deserves a stupid answer.

Btw stop aiming your rage only at me brah.. there are alot of other posters to choose from..

Not sure why you didn't call them out..

Probably because their rep power. Lmao.

gbnpc
05-23-2015, 07:11 PM
YES!!! It will make a difference AND your kidneys will also thank you. Especially if you are training hard, you need to stay hydrated, with water instead of all of those high sugar drinks...

Domicron
05-23-2015, 08:20 PM

omg i will buy this app! the other day i flat out passed out because i forgot to breathe regularly. it's a good thing i wasn't driving my car at the time

ErikTheElectric
05-23-2015, 08:21 PM
OP: Please stop creating OCD threads (or threads in general), seriously.. for your sake.

desslok
05-23-2015, 08:51 PM

I made an app called Exhale, but it was pulled off the app store after the first 50 people died.

Kronosis
05-23-2015, 11:47 PM

Actually, it's not just a lack of communication, but a lack of proper mental development. It's called a spectrum for a reason. It's not just confined to a 'communicative disorder'. Just like those with Schizophrenia, not all of them are on the verge of society living in a dirty apartment talking to themselves. Many are living moderately normal lives without anyone thinking ottherwise.

I've done things, and do thing's that you wouldn't even know where to begin (it involves saving lives. AKA EMS), that's health related far above something like this. Not just anyone can be in EMS, it takes a special type of person.

But good job at thinking you know about ASD.

Kronosis
05-24-2015, 12:03 AM

Btw stop aiming your rage only at me brah.. there are alot of other posters to choose from..

Stop complaining, sheep.

AFC96
05-24-2015, 12:19 AM
Stop complaining, sheep.

Stop posting pointless threads, Kronosis.

I get insulted if people call me Kronosis. Its worse than being called stupid or any other insults.

Mrpb
05-24-2015, 12:22 AM
It won't make a difference if you're already drinking enough.

Kronosis, how many calories are you consuming now?

Gxp23
05-24-2015, 12:26 AM
Hydrated with a nice bottle of Kwak.

jnbrk
05-24-2015, 05:35 AM

eheh if i was afraid of their rep power i wouldnt neg them or you "brah"...

if there is a phaggot who is afraid of rep powers of users in a bodybuilding forum..

that is..

you.

http://i.imgur.com/FOmafCQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/c262M1Y.png

thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167317541&p=1360384661&viewfull=1#post1360384661

gtfo

necon76
05-24-2015, 05:37 AM
eheh if i was afraid of their rep power i wouldnt neg them or you "brah"...

if there is a phaggot who is afraid of rep powers of users in a bodybuilding forum..

that is..

you.

http://i.imgur.com/FOmafCQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/c262M1Y.png

thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167317541&p=1360384661&viewfull=1#post1360384661

gtfo

Jakes on you fukface, I actually repped him for that post.

True story.

Mirin?

Yeah, you mirin.

jnbrk
05-24-2015, 05:47 AM
Jakes on you fukface, I actually repped him for that post.

True story.

Mirin?

Yeah, you mirin.

lmao mirin

negged

AFC96
05-24-2015, 06:10 AM
LMAO.

It's called a joke.

You should try it out sometimes.

Gxp23
05-24-2015, 06:15 AM
Thats kinda creepy you would just have that pic lying around ^

jonnicola
05-24-2015, 06:38 AM
confirmed this thread now belongs in the Misc

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.XE1ocrQv%2f4%2flu%2fXUAVfBUg&pid=15.1&P=0

Domicron
05-24-2015, 07:10 AM
so ITT a creep is white knighting a moron...

jnbrk
05-24-2015, 07:28 AM
so ITT a creep is white knighting a moron...

and 31 yr old manlet cares

LollyLifts2015
05-24-2015, 07:38 AM
Thats kinda creepy you would just have that pic lying around ^
I was just thinking that.... :|

confirmed this thread now belongs in the Misc

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.XE1ocrQv%2f4%2flu%2fXUAVfBUg&pid=15.1&P=0
Lulz. This isn't the Misc? I thought it was the ladies room, honestly. I'm outtie.

Domicron
05-24-2015, 07:47 AM
and 31 yr old manlet cares

dude you sound really mad. relax man, this is the internet.

AFC96
05-24-2015, 08:02 AM
dude you sound really mad. relax man, this is the internet.

Says someone who has "100% serious" written under their username.