PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with nutrition for my specific job

Benthomas2000
05-21-2015, 11:23 AM
I have been training for the past year and recently I have started a new job landscape Gardner. I'm finding it difficult to put on size and count my Marcos as some days I burn off loads of calories and some days not so many I need a lot of carbs to keep me going all day so at times when I'm trying to cut i find it difficult because i need them carbs what is the best solution to put on size and to lean out should I keep eating the meals I have showed you ?

Also I'm
6ft 2 weight 213 pounds

I eat 5 meals per day

Morning 1 cup of oats 1 scoop of whey handful of almonds 1 banana

Meal 2 brown rice and chicken

Meal 3 brown rice and chicken

Meal 4 before gym peanut butter sandwich tin of tuna

Meal 5 6 egg whites omelette 1 piece of toast peppers mushrooms onions and a protein shake before bed

digistp
05-21-2015, 11:48 AM
First step is to go here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183
and figure an estimate for maintenance. Since you want to cut, you should eat somewhere around 80-90% of maintenance, depending on current BF level. Get at least 0.8g/lb of protein and 0.4g/lb of fat. The remaining calories can be used as desired. Drop the daily tuna. Once you have your macros figured, use an app to help keep track of intake. Many use MyFitnessPal. I use cronometer.com because I like to keep track of micros as well. Use the scale weekly and aim for a pound a week loss. Keep in mind that in the first couple of weeks you may lose a few pounds of water weight.

Canadiantuxedo
05-21-2015, 04:19 PM
That sounds like how much I eat on a cut. Calculate your TDEE and up your calories from there.

Benthomas2000
05-22-2015, 12:07 AM
Do you think I should bump up to 6 meals ? I find it difficult as some days I can burn up to 600 to 800 cals just from working, and to stomach a load of food in two 20 minute breaks I find hard

Mrpb
05-22-2015, 12:33 AM
3, 4, 5 or 6 meals is not going to make a significant impact on your results.