PDA

View Full Version : Hawks need to do their best to shut down everyone except Lebron

1800_Cool_Guy
05-20-2015, 08:37 PM
No one on the Hawks can stop Lebron. Demarre was suppose to be that guy but he was a huge disappointment. Millsap...lol. Let Lebron go for 50 who cares. As long as they clamp down on their other offensive players, the Hawks will do just fine.

Trapstar4.4
05-20-2015, 08:41 PM
absolutely true. lebron will get his. i realized that when I saw how he was approaching butler in the previous series. he turned the clock back when it comes to forcing his will. thats fine

that JR smiff stuff though...backbreaker.. gotta figure that out, then see where the chips land
hte team defense will still be good, although the uphill battle will definitely be there.

looking for the spread.. lets do this

ThickMeat
05-20-2015, 09:12 PM
milsap played lebron well down the strech minus the one play where he gave him an easy dunk

just play him 1 on1 all game

smith wont go ham again and they will suck

Togles
05-20-2015, 10:38 PM
absolutely true. lebron will get his. i realized that when I saw how he was approaching butler in the previous series. he turned the clock back when it comes to forcing his will. thats fine

that JR smiff stuff though...backbreaker.. gotta figure that out, then see where the chips land
hte team defense will still be good, although the uphill battle will definitely be there.

looking for the spread.. lets do this

I think you have to take your chances with the JR Smith threes. Lebron in the post/man-man, especially against non-Carroll, is a guaranteed two points.

At this point, I think you have to double, trap, and send everything his way when he gets close to the paint, and simply hope that the JR Smiths, Shumperts, etc. don't continue to beat you with threes.. We are at a disadvantage without Carroll, so just do it. Hope that they don't shoot you to oblivion, like tonight.

Daewoo_Lanos
05-20-2015, 10:48 PM
the odds of all those Cavs shooters being off at the same time is slim to none.

the 3 point shooters on the Cavs this season are light years ahead of the Heat last year in the finals. Chris Bosh was literally the go to 3 point shooter out of the regular starting 5 for the Heat. Let that sink in.

ray allen and rashard lewis were the only guys besides lebron who shot more than 3.5 three pointers per game against the Spurs when they utilized the let Lebron destroy us while we destroy everyone else strategy. the cavs had 6 guys average more than that against the Bulls.

Togles
05-20-2015, 10:55 PM
the odds of all those Cavs shooters being off at the same time is slim to none.

the 3 point shooters on the Cavs this season are light years ahead of the Heat last year in the finals. Chris Bosh was literally the go to 3 point shooter out of the regular starting 5 for the Heat. Let that sink in.

ray allen and rashard lewis were the only guys besides lebron who shot more than 3.5 three pointers per game against the Spurs when they utilized the let Lebron destroy us while we destroy everyone else strategy. the cavs had 6 guys average more than that against the Bulls.

Agree, but assuming Carroll is out for the post-season, there isn't really a choice.

So it is basically: Take your chances with cavs three point shooters, or get bludgeoned to death with Lebron posting Kent Bazemore up in the post..

WarrNation
05-20-2015, 11:15 PM
milsap played lebron well down the strech minus the one play where he gave him an easy dunk

just play him 1 on1 all game

smith wont go ham again and they will suck

game 6 vs Bulls: Delladova went nuclear on the Bulls.

game 1 vs Hawks: JR Smith goes hulk mode.

game 2 vs Hawks: Shumpert your number's up.

good luck playing whack-a-mole.

Togles
05-20-2015, 11:20 PM
game 6 vs Bulls: Delladova went nuclear on the Bulls.

game 1 vs Hawks: JR Smith goes hulk mode.

game 2 vs Hawks: Shumpert your number's up.

Lol, Shumpert's one I'm not worried about. At GT and Knicks, he was great defensively, but never a great perimeter shooter. If he goes off, just lol at everything we knew..

WarrNation
05-20-2015, 11:23 PM
Lol, Shumpert's one I'm not worried about. At GT and Knicks, he was great defensively, but never a great perimeter shooter. If he goes off, just lol at everything we knew..

He's not that great I agree but give him open shots, he's bound to knock in more than he misses.

Togles
05-20-2015, 11:29 PM
He's not that great I agree but give him open shots, he's bound to knock in more than he misses.

Yeah, given what the Hawks currently have running, I will sell out defending Bron 2-pointers in the post at the cost of letting Shump fire away from deep. Whatever happens, happens. The Hawks will watch their toes..