PDA

View Full Version : Another asterisk for LeBron if the Cavs win it all...

FakeRabona
05-18-2015, 12:08 PM
If LeBron wins another ring this year he will have had to go through the two number one seeds in each conference.

Atlanta an exciting 60 win team led by the coach of the year.
Golden State a loaded 67 win team containing the MVP, who will be well rested after sweeping the poverty Rockets.

As if that wasn't enough LeBron will have to beat both teams without his third best player, his second best hurt, and a bench that is widely regarded as one of the weakest in the playoffs.

If LeBron can, against all odds, find away to win the Championship there should be an asterisk against it.. His ring should count as two.

Agree?

sdballer5588
05-18-2015, 12:09 PM
100% agreed. Except the Cavs are certainly NOT winning the title as currently constructed lol

LeBron would need to average roughly 35 11 and 7 to even take the Warriors to 7.

IH8RICE
05-18-2015, 12:21 PM
100% agreed. Except the Cavs are certainly NOT winning the title as currently constructed lol

LeBron would need to average roughly 35 11 and 7 to even take the Warriors to 7.

He could do that for 2-3 games out of 7 but they would wise up after the first big game and double him every time he got the ball like in the Chicago series. You can't depend on Delly and the supporting cast to come out and play at a high enough level above their averages to win against the likes of the dubs or even Atlanta.

sammywatkins
05-18-2015, 12:30 PM
The cavs had a bye in the first round. And in the second round played a team that would have likely not even made the playoffs in the west. And now they have to play the worst 60 win team in the history of the nba.

Dimez25
05-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Seriously, there's no way the Cavs beat the Warriors in a 7 game series unless LeBron goes God-mode for 4 wins, or if someone pulls a Mike Miller and drains 6+ 3s in a game.

FakeRabona
05-18-2015, 12:48 PM

This. I don't think any player in the history of the NBA could win it in LeBron's position.

But if he did.....

jross2021
05-18-2015, 12:51 PM
And the Hawks are without one of their best defenders. Not sure where you're going with this. Love is out, yes.. but his replacement is a #4 pick. And everyone was saying that Love sucked early on in the year and that he was a terrible stat-padder in Minnesota. You don't get to have it both ways.

nvrstopworking
05-18-2015, 12:52 PM
The cavs had a bye in the first round. And in the second round played a team that would have likely not even made the playoffs in the west. And now they have to play the worst 60 win team in the history of the nba.

Just when I thought I'd heard everything lol.

And the Hawks are without one of their best defenders. Not sure where you're going with this. Love is out, yes.. but his replacement is a #1 pick. And everyone was saying that Love sucked early on in the year and that he was a terrible stat-padder in Minnesota. You don't get to have it both ways.

I think you meant "1st round pick".....

Midgetkiller
05-18-2015, 12:54 PM
They will take the Hawks but if they face the Warriors, Lebron will have to solidify himself as a true GOAT with one of the greatest playoff performances ever. I don't see it happening. He has to pray Houston makes some miracles happen or that the Warriors buckle under pressure.

jross2021
05-18-2015, 12:57 PM

lol my b, meant to type 4, but I was thinking 1st round. Still a top 5 pick off the bench.

iTunesBrah
05-18-2015, 12:57 PM
I don't see Cavs winning it this year, I think they'd have exceeded expectations by even making the finals. Next year though, for sure they'll be legit contenders. I think everyone expected that anyway, this season was purely a learning period, allowing the players to gel and work on their chemistry.

jross2021
05-18-2015, 01:01 PM
I think they'd have exceeded expectations by even making the finals.

http://i.imgur.com/ts6JK.jpg

HoustonMiscer
05-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Might as well just call him LeAsterisk OP

sammywatkins
05-18-2015, 01:05 PM

I forgot about those two cavs seasons. The hawks are up there though.

FakeRabona
05-18-2015, 01:06 PM
And the Hawks are without one of their best defenders. Not sure where you're going with this. Love is out, yes.. but his replacement is a #4 pick. And everyone was saying that Love sucked early on in the year and that he was a terrible stat-padder in Minnesota. You don't get to have it both ways.

Like when people use Love to argue that LeBron formed a "superteam"

Love is the third best player on this Cavs roster, period.

I posted only facts.

Swept
05-18-2015, 01:10 PM
It's better for Lebron to lose in the ECF, I don't want his team to get humiliated by another Texas team.

I would actually give Lebron a better shot at beating the warriors than the rockets. Lebron can easily shut down Curry

HairyScandinavian
05-18-2015, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't say counts for 2, but it'll be his first legitimate ring and he'll deserve credit for it.

Honestly though I don't think anyone actually believes that Cleveland can take out GSW. The only way it happens is if somehow Houston knocks off GS, then Lebron gets his ring.

Daewoo_Lanos
05-18-2015, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't say counts for 2, but it'll be his first legitimate ring and he'll deserve credit for it.

Honestly though I don't think anyone actually believes that Cleveland can take out GSW. The only way it happens is if somehow Houston knocks off GS, then Lebron gets his ring.

fkn lol @ legitimate when every ring your franchise has ever won came with 3-4 HOFers on the payroll.

2013 still burns your dickhole that much? shhhh.. just dream it away

holtmcg
05-18-2015, 01:36 PM

Honestly though I don't think anyone actually believes that Cleveland can take out GSW. The only way it happens is if somehow Houston knocks off GS, then Lebron gets his ring.Time out... How do LeBron's rings NOT count especially since he won FMVP both times?

Strong everything...

Daewoo_Lanos
05-18-2015, 01:38 PM
Time out... How do LeBron's rings NOT count especially since he won FMVP both times?

Strong everything...

Your question is legitimate. And the answer to your question is butthurt.

StrapNScrap21
05-18-2015, 01:39 PM
100% agreed. Except the Buckeyes are certainly NOT winning the title as currently constructed lol

ok Kirk Herbstreit http://i.imgur.com/56RdUq4.png

holtmcg
05-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Your question is legitimate. And the answer to your question is butthurt.I just think it's mind blowing how LeBron haters sit and say "his rings don't count"

After he won both f*cking FMVPs nonetheless. Logic, not even once.

Daewoo_Lanos
05-18-2015, 01:43 PM

anyways, this is the answer.

the only chance the Cavs have without Love is Bogut going down with his annual playoff injury after wrestling around with D-12 a little bit. The dubs are a shell of themselves without Bogut.

fully healthy, the Cavs would beat the Warriors. In their current state, they will have to overachieve just to beat the Hawks.

wifestealer
05-18-2015, 01:46 PM
They will take the Hawks but if they face the Warriors, Lebron will have to solidify himself as a true GOAT with one of the greatest playoff performances ever. I don't see it happening. He has to pray Houston makes some miracles happen or that the Warrior's bickle under pressure.

this.

cavs need houston to pull off a miracle.

even then the rockets can easily win with dwight protecting the paint just like orlando.

Daewoo_Lanos
05-18-2015, 01:47 PM
I just think it's mind blowing how LeBron haters sit and say "his rings don't count"

After he won both f*cking FMVPs nonetheless. Logic, not even once.

but he's not clutch tho.

he sat there 12 minutes away from losing the finals despite home court advantage and the best record in the league watching his "superteam" teammates literally give up in front of him and scored 18 points in the 4th/OT and assisted on or scored every point in OT.

but ray allen hit a 3 pointer so it doesn't count. because ray allen wasn't a member of the team. he was sitting courtside and was inserted into the lineup illegally to bail out the Heat in his street clothes.

then he followed that up with the greatest game 7 in NBA finals history.

doesnt count tho

fkn retards

MultipleSources
05-18-2015, 01:47 PM
It'd be impressive, for sure. He got carried in 3 games against the Bulls but stepped up when it counted. If he puts the team on his back without getting carried, I'd be impressed.

StrapNScrap21
05-18-2015, 01:50 PM
It'd be impressive, for sure. He got carried in 3 games against the Bulls but stepped up when it counted. If he puts the team on his back without getting carried, I'd be impressed.

He hit the de facto series-winning shot. http://i.imgur.com/56RdUq4.png

"carried" http://i.imgur.com/56RdUq4.png

Daewoo_Lanos
05-18-2015, 01:52 PM

http://i.imgur.com/WpnsnSl.gif

MultipleSources
05-18-2015, 01:52 PM
He hit the de facto series-winning shot. http://i.imgur.com/56RdUq4.png

"carried" http://i.imgur.com/56RdUq4.png

You are literally the dumbest dude I've ever met on sportsmisc. FFS read my post.

"he stepped up when it counted"

"got carried in 3 games"

Could it be...

Maybe....

The game where he wasn't carried...

Was when he stepped up?

StrapNScrap21
05-18-2015, 02:02 PM
The game where he wasn't carried...

Was when he stepped up?

"got carried in 3 games"

He stepped up in Game 5 too. http://i.imgur.com/56RdUq4.png

MultipleSources
05-18-2015, 02:05 PM
"got carried in 3 games"

He stepped up in Game 5 too. http://i.imgur.com/56RdUq4.png

And how many games were in the series? Because I counted 6. So by that math, 3 games where he was carried + 3 games where he stepped up. Am I talking to Floyd or is your reading comprehension just equivalent to his?

StrapNScrap21
05-18-2015, 02:21 PM
And how many games were in the series? Because I counted 6. So by that math, 3 games where he was carried + 3 games where he stepped up. Am I talking to Floyd or is your reading comprehension just equivalent to his?

We talking about getting carried to losses? http://i.imgur.com/56RdUq4.png

smallbonesjones
05-18-2015, 02:24 PM
ii would say let it count as 10 championships because theres no chance in hell they are beating golden state or houston

J1992
05-18-2015, 02:26 PM
It's better for Lebron to lose in the ECF, I don't want his team to get humiliated by another Texas team.

I would actually give Lebron a better shot at beating the warriors than the rockets. Lebron can easily shut down CurryThen urine idiot, Cavs would have a far easier time against the Rockets than the Warriors. Warriors have the title in the bag barring any injuries.

FakeRabona
05-18-2015, 02:33 PM
ii would say let it count as 10 championships because theres no chance in hell they are beating golden state or houston

Lost it.

The west would lose all credibility if this Houston team made the finals.

Swept
05-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Then urine idiot, Cavs would have a far easier time against the Rockets than the Warriors. Warriors have the title in the bag barring any injuries.

Doubt it

Dwight is Lebrons kryptonite, and Harden would get the Cavs in foul trouble fast.

Warriors on the other hand are playoff novice, I don't think a single player on that team has been to the finals, they will probably crack sooner or later. No one on that team can stop Lebron, and he has a history of shutting down PGs.

smallbonesjones
05-18-2015, 02:56 PM
Lost it.

The west would lose all credibility if this Houston team made the finals.
its a slim chance, i know GS will beat houston, but if by an act of god houston won cleveland would get stomped by king james

cashinout
05-18-2015, 03:07 PM

if you actually think lebron james got carried in that bulls series, you have no more credibility on this forum http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/scust.png

isp
05-18-2015, 03:09 PM
I really don't know how the cavs can win it all this year. It was possible if everyone stayed healthy, but was still going to be tough. With their current circumstances, their ceiling is probably reaching the Sugar Bowl. It's all good though, because a lot of these guys need to get a little seasoned and have a taste of what it's like to make a deep run. They're a year away. Even if they did make the finals theres no way they could beat Stanford without Love and a fully healthy Kyrie. They'll be poised to strike next year when they get Andy back and can slowly work Love back into the mix.

StrapNScrap21
05-18-2015, 03:09 PM
if you actually think lebron james got carried in that bulls series, you have no more credibility on this forum http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/scust.png

breh lost any cred he had in the other 8 page thread http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/scust.png

cashinout
05-18-2015, 03:26 PM
breh lost any cred he had in the other 8 page thread http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/scust.png

good point http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/francis.png

Hickson517
05-18-2015, 03:28 PM
If LeBron wins another ring this year he will have had to go through the two number one seeds in each conference.

Atlanta an exciting 60 win team led by the coach of the year.
Golden State a loaded 67 win team containing the MVP, who will be well rested after sweeping the poverty Rockets.

As if that wasn't enough LeBron will have to beat both teams without his third best player, his second best hurt, and a bench that is widely regarded as one of the weakest in the playoffs.

If LeBron can, against all odds, find away to win the Championship there should be an asterisk against it.. His ring should count as two.

Agree?

Usually when someone says astrisct it means its considered bad. If lebron wins this year its his biggest accomplishment of his career. too bad GSW is too stacked.

FakeRabona
05-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Usually when someone says astrisct it means its considered bad. If lebron wins this year its his biggest accomplishment of his career. too bad GSW is too stacked.

Please tell me more about astriscts http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/skip1.png

PjzBoozer
05-18-2015, 04:14 PM

Agree?

lol.

The hate is real.

They will take the Hawks but if they face the Warriors, Lebron will have to solidify himself as a true GOAT with one of the greatest playoff performances ever. I don't see it happening. He has to pray Houston makes some miracles happen or that the Warriors buckle under pressure.

GSW looking beastly though. They swept NOP 4-0 playing lackadaisical and coming back from down 20 and pushed in MEM 3 games in a row after losing 2 in a row and down 2-1. O lawd if Houston wins more than 2 games. CLE has more than a shot against GSW in the finals if Houston drags the series out. Klay hasn't even fully shown up either. (Dat der PO train of 'first team all defense', Ariza & possibly ShumpGOAT)

fkn lol @ legitimate when every ring your franchise has ever won came with 3-4 HOFers on the payroll.

2013 still burns your dickhole that much? shhhh.. just dream it away

Dat home grown, grass fed core of peace doe.

Naw, we talkin' bout being carried G6 by Matthew Dellavedova. http://i.imgur.com/56RdUq4.png

05-18-2015, 04:20 PM
If the Cavs win the title, that means Lebron basically went god mode and nobody can be mad at that. They have a very solid shot at beating Atlanta (i think they probably will), but beating GS (or even Houston, god forbid) will be a tall task.

For as great as Lebron is, I'm not sure even he could accomplish what's necessary to win the finals, and if he does then kudos to him.

SlipperyGypsy
05-18-2015, 04:27 PM
inb4 lebron loses in the finals and cops more flack than if he lost in the 1st round by phaggots who think losing in round 1 is somehow better than losing in the finals 'bkos jordan never lost etc etc'

Daewoo_Lanos
05-18-2015, 04:29 PM
If the Cavs win the title, that means Lebron basically went god mode and nobody can be mad at that. They have a very solid shot at beating Atlanta (i think they probably will), but beating GS (or even Houston, god forbid) will be a tall task.

For as great as Lebron is, I'm not sure even he could accomplish what's necessary to win the finals, and if he does then kudos to him.

Like I've said, it's a team game first and foremost. Lebron shot basically 60% from the field and over 50% from 3 in last years finals and no TEAM has ever gotten their chit pushed in as badly as his did.

It will take more than just Lebron going god mode for the cavs to win the finals. Someone else will have to step up with him. And by someone else, I mean everyone else on Cleveland will have to play above their heads. And Lebron would still need to do what he did last year except average 38 instead of 28 a game for them to have a chance

DasWunderBrah
05-18-2015, 04:34 PM
they're getting swept if they play the warriors. Lebron had ridiculous numbers against the Spurs last year in the finals and it didn't matter.

they could take the Rockets to 6 or 7 if Kyrie balled out and Blatt outcoaches Mchale.

wifestealer
05-18-2015, 04:34 PM

ROFL @ multiplesources rapid evacuation from this thread after this post

Babyframes
05-18-2015, 04:54 PM
Don't forget to include the first year coach and a team full of starters with zero playoff experience. When Lebron wins this year, which he will, he's the undisputed GOAT.

Daewoo_Lanos
05-18-2015, 04:54 PM

Yea no one cares tho when you're the FMVP.

Unless of course they're threatened by your legacy surpassing their favorite player's

FakeRabona
05-18-2015, 05:11 PM
2. Lebron has regressed seriously on defence. Few years ago I don't think anyone would doubt his defensive abilities. Today Curry would torch him. Butler and Rose torched Lebron, and Rose coming off all his injuries isn't anywhere near Curry's level anymore.

Butler was torching no one offensively in that series. The success Rose had came predominantly when he was being guarded by an injured Kyrie who is a notoriously subpar defender.

sdballer5588
05-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Lebron? You mean the guy who is 4th in WS and ORtg on his own team?

1. They have the best defensive rim defender in Bogut and the another defender in Green that almost won Defensive Player of the Year. If anything they have too many options to guard Lebron. That entire team minus Curry is good defenders and all of them can help out if needed. Butler did well but struggled because Lebron drives a lot, Bogut won't really have that problem.

2. Lebron has regressed seriously on defence. Few years ago I don't think anyone would doubt his defensive abilities. Today Curry would torch him. Butler and Rose torched Lebron, and Rose coming off all his injuries isn't anywhere near Curry's level anymore.

lol so now ORtng and Win shares matter lol

holtmcg
05-18-2015, 05:17 PM
Dat home grown, grass fed core of peace doe. Why do people use this argument? I couldn't give a F*CK less about LeBron, but he's a professional athlete. I would absolutely leave the company/organization I work for and work at a different company with better pay and the opportunity to work with better employees. It's the EXACT same thing. Un-f*cking-believable how you guys are THIS retarded.

ClutchAnalyst
05-18-2015, 05:22 PM
Why do people use this argument? I couldn't give a F*CK less about LeBron, but he's a professional athlete. I would absolutely leave the company/organization I work for and work at a different company with better pay and the opportunity to work with better employees. It's the EXACT same thing. Un-f*cking-believable how you guys are THIS retarded.

you act like being employed as a player = being employed as a corporate america professional

unless you are on some executive level position closer to the C-level status or have some sort of historic relevance to the company it's not even remotely the same chit

Daewoo_Lanos
05-18-2015, 05:22 PM
Why do people use this argument? I couldn't give a F*CK less about LeBron, but he's a professional athlete. I would absolutely leave the company/organization I work for and work at a different company with better pay and the opportunity to work with better employees. It's the EXACT same thing. Un-f*cking-believable how you guys are THIS retarded.

I would leave my company to work for a diff company with the same exact pay and similar coworkers if my company was in Ohio and the new company was located in fkn south beach.

holtmcg
05-18-2015, 05:44 PM
I would leave my company to work for a diff company with the same exact pay and similar coworkers if my company was in Ohio and the new company was located in fkn south beach.Living in Ohio would suck for sure. South Beach > any part of the Midwest.

notWilliam
05-18-2015, 05:56 PM

when you run out of chit to criticize on the court, you desperately resort to mocking his personality and other subjective intangibles.

FAPnWhey2Much
05-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Fully agree, see sig

MurkinSeason
05-18-2015, 06:01 PM
Only a complete hater can make a thread like this. At no point in Lebrons career should he have an asterisk anywhere. Flawless.

sdballer5588
05-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Only a complete hater can make a thread like this. At no point in Lebrons career should he have an asterisk anywhere. Flawless.

I think it's admirable you clicked this thread, tried to troll, without reading the punchline in the OP.

MurkinSeason
05-18-2015, 06:05 PM
I think it's admirable you clicked this thread, tried to troll, without reading the punchline in the OP.

Nailed it.

tjfit05
05-18-2015, 06:15 PM
I ASOLUTELY agree!! The road to the finals was much tougher for Lebron than any other athlete. Kevin Love been hurt, Kyrie not fully healthy... If he wins the ring taking out the Hawks then Steph Curry, cant help but to crown him King James!!!

waisoserious
05-18-2015, 06:37 PM
im not all too worried about the cavs winning the ring this year. mainly cause the bulls lost the series more than the cavs won. i dont expect them to face too much resistance in the ECF so they will probably get to the finals

then i fully expect GSW to steamroll through them in 5 games. if houston beats gsw though....i pick cavs to win. but houston probably is not going to beat gsw

HarpoonBrah
05-18-2015, 06:40 PM
who's gonna stop LeBron from putting up 37ppg , he's gonna go 06 Flash Wad3

Irving will be good by then & role players are just clicking more and more

Neil4123
05-18-2015, 06:45 PM

Lmao they're getting their excuses ready.

I don't expect the Cavs to win it but hey...they got Lebron...that means they have a chance.

Baylorballs
05-18-2015, 07:02 PM
Getting Cannons loaded for Atlanta at +180 to win this series.

Number 1 seed as the underdawg to a smashed up 2 seed?????? Giiiideeeeeeeeeeeeee upppppppppppp

StrapNScrap21
05-18-2015, 09:06 PM
lol.

The hate is real.

GSW looking beastly though. They swept NOP 4-0 playing lackadaisical and coming back from down 20 and pushed in MEM 3 games in a row after losing 2 in a row and down 2-1. O lawd if Houston wins more than 2 games. CLE has more than a shot against GSW in the finals if Houston drags the series out. Klay hasn't even fully shown up either. (Dat der PO train of 'first team all defense', Ariza & possibly ShumpGOAT)

Naw, we talkin' bout being carried G6 by Matthew Dellavedova. http://i.imgur.com/56RdUq4.png

Re-read that fakkit's post I was responding to breh http://i.imgur.com/56RdUq4.png

srom12
05-18-2015, 10:07 PM
The Cavs will destroy the Hawks, regular season record has zero weight. Delly, JR and TT have proved to be god-mode playoff performers.

Against the Warriors/Rockets they will win it in 6.

THEHEADLIN3R
05-18-2015, 10:26 PM
The Cavs will destroy the Hawks, regular season record has zero weight. Delly, JR and TT have proved to be god-mode playoff performers.

HarpoonBrah
05-18-2015, 11:30 PM

spot on , will await this getting bumped for Wizardry

Cavs in 4 against Hawks
6 in Finals vs Warriors, 5 if Rockets

StrapNScrap21
05-18-2015, 11:41 PM

Cavs in 4 against Hawks

http://i.imgur.com/IrEHkCM.png

waisoserious
05-19-2015, 12:03 AM

Cavs in 4 against Hawks

youre gonna be real disappointed

Swept
05-19-2015, 12:08 AM
Lebron? You mean the guy who is 4th in WS and ORtg on his own team?

1. They have the best defensive rim defender in Bogut and the another defender in Green that almost won Defensive Player of the Year. If anything they have too many options to guard Lebron. That entire team minus Curry is good defenders and all of them can help out if needed. Butler did well but struggled because Lebron drives a lot, Bogut won't really have that problem.

LMAO Bogut is not even top 3 rim protector, Butler is 3 times better than any perimeter defender in GS and even with him Lebron almost averaged a triple double for the series.

Lebron didn't even cover Rose, and he switched of Butler constantly. And Rose and Parker are just as tough a cover as Curry who gets more of his points on fast breaks and running around picks.

TheFornicator1
05-19-2015, 12:20 AM
I don't see how the Hawks can beat the Cavs, to be honest.

The Hawks run a great system; perfect for the regular season. But facing any type of adversity it just seems like it's ready to break apart at any moment, and this is largely because they don't have any truly top-tier shot-creators. They're effective, they're talented, they're reasonably deep. They're just not championship caliber as far as I can tell.

Somebody in the thread said earlier that the Hawks might be the worst 60 win team. Well, they are the worst 60 win team in recent memory, as far as I can tell. I put more stock in SRS than I do in W-L record; and at 60 wins they've put up an SRS for 4.75. This is largely due to a weak schedule and a reasonable but not overly impressive margin of victory.

Fast track past James' 2 week refuel and the Cavaliers simply looked more formidable. Even given their sluggish start they managed to post an SRS of 4.07, which isn't all too far behind the Hawks.

Push comes to shove and the Cavs have both LeBron and Kyrie; Kyrie is unproven in the playoffs but we know he can deliver. Obviously, LeBron James can deliver. I'm not sure I can say the same about anybody on Atlanta's squad with any measure of confidence. Hell, we saw last round just how easy it was to take Korver out of the system by employing ball-denial tacts, and he's utterly integral to the success of that system.

All things considered, I just can't see the Hawks beating the Cavs. But if they do manage it, it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.

StrapNScrap21
05-19-2015, 12:44 AM

The Hawks run a great system; perfect for the regular season. But facing any type of adversity it just seems like it's ready to break apart at any moment, and this is largely because they don't have any truly top-tier shot-creators. They're effective, they're talented, they're reasonably deep. They're just not championship caliber as far as I can tell.

Somebody in the thread said earlier that the Hawks might be the worst 60 win team. Well, they are the worst 60 win team in recent memory, as far as I can tell. I put more stock in SRS than I do in W-L record; and at 60 wins they've put up an SRS for 4.75. This is largely due to a weak schedule and a reasonable but not overly impressive margin of victory.

Fast track past James' 2 week refuel and the Cavaliers simply looked more formidable. Even given their sluggish start they managed to post an SRS of 4.07, which isn't all too far behind the Hawks.

Push comes to shove and the Cavs have both LeBron and Kyrie; Kyrie is unproven in the playoffs but we know he can deliver. Obviously, LeBron James can deliver. I'm not sure I can say the same about anybody on Atlanta's squad with any measure of confidence. Hell, we saw last round just how easy it was to take Korver out of the system by employing ball-denial tacts, and he's utterly integral to the success of that system.

All things considered, I just can't see the Hawks beating the Cavs. But if they do manage it, it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.

I think you're on to something here. http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/lebron-dominates-the-conference-finals/

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/paine-lebron-conf-finals-2.png?w=610&h=830

http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/whew.png

TheFornicator1
05-19-2015, 12:57 AM
Haha, Paine with the Wizardry.

StrapNScrap21
05-19-2015, 12:59 AM
Haha, Paine with the Wizardry.

those stats factor East/West competition too. Confirms the "MJ > Duncan > LeBron > Kobe" axiom http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/win.png

Agree with your ball-denial point, Shump/JR will probably be tasked with putting the clamps on KK

PjzBoozer
05-19-2015, 01:12 AM

And that's like the billionth time i have heard that counter argument lol

So using that logic, LeBron left his original company to go to MIA for 4 years and then 'came back home' to his original company....

Plus i was responding to Daewoo's post....go back and maybe you'll 'get it'

Hawks lack a go to guy yes but they are definitely capable of beating a banged up CLE squad and that kind of system has beaten a LeBron led team before.

skillz17
05-19-2015, 04:49 AM
People tend to underestimate how valuable Thompson and Mozgov have been so far and they are playing better with each passing series. They really put pressure on the bigs and Thompson is the beast on the boards.
Also Shumpert and Del have played very good against Chicago.
If Kyrie can get decent with his health and drop at least 20 each game with limited turnovers it will be great.
If Cleveland eliminates Clay and let Curry get his they will win.

IH8RICE
05-19-2015, 05:57 AM
People tend to underestimate how valuable Thompson and Mozgov have been so far and they are playing better with each passing series. They really put pressure on the bigs and Thompson is the beast on the boards.
Also Shumpert and Del have played very good against Chicago.
If Kyrie can get decent with his health and drop at least 20 each game with limited turnovers it will be great.
If Cleveland eliminates Clay and let Curry get his they will win.

Let's not act like clay has been putting up really good numbers in the playoffs so far. He's basically been taken away offensively but everyone has stepped up when needed. I say you shut curry down and make everyone else beat you.

LikeAMachine
05-19-2015, 06:00 AM
Don't forget to include the first year coach and a team full of starters with zero playoff experience. When Lebron wins this year, which he will, he's the undisputed GOAT.

This. With no Love, hobbled Kyrie and a white Aussie kicking in.

srom12
05-19-2015, 06:25 AM

http://www.*******.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/whew.png

FakeRabona
05-19-2015, 06:33 AM

Lmao strong Neg without reading the actual OP...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rZxKilLVYk4/Tzp5FHku2yI/AAAAAAAAAyU/g_k73uauybI/s1600/jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

skillz17
05-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Let's not act like clay has been putting up really good numbers in the playoffs so far. He's basically been taken away offensively but everyone has stepped up when needed. I say you shut curry down and make everyone else beat you.
That's true, but i would still rather have Curry drop 35 or 40 and everyone else slim down significantly than the other way around.
Much depends on whether Irving can play at leas 80-85% of his true potential. If that falls into place they should be good.

JetLife21
05-19-2015, 08:01 AM

You are so ****ing lost when trying to gauge this series. Basketball is all about matchups and the Hawks matchup with the Cavs far better than they did with the Wizards while the Cavs matched up with the Bulls far better than they will with Atlanta.

Korver wasn't taken out of the game. He just missed his open shots and that had a lot to do with his assignment on the other end. The Wizards were relentless in running Beal off of constant screens and Korver had to work his ass off defensively. Vs Cleveland, he will be on Shumpert or J.R. and they won't be running through screens all day. Good luck if you think J.R. Smith or Kyrie Irving have the discipline to guard Korver.

Wall is 10x the defender that Irving/Delladova are and Teague/Dennis will eat those two alive.

The Hawks are elite when Teague/Dennis/Korver are having their way and they have a much easier matchup in this round. Expect those 3 to be huge in this series.

sdballer5588
05-19-2015, 08:19 AM
You are so ****ing lost when trying to gauge this series. Basketball is all about matchups and the Hawks matchup with the Cavs far better than they did with the Wizards while the Cavs matched up with the Bulls far better than they will with Atlanta.

Korver wasn't taken out of the game. He just missed his open shots and that had a lot to do with his assignment on the other end. The Wizards were relentless in running Beal off of constant screens and Korver had to work his ass off defensively. Vs Cleveland, he will be on Shumpert or J.R. and they won't be running through screens all day. Good luck if you think J.R. Smith or Kyrie Irving have the discipline to guard Korver.

Wall is 10x the defender that Irving/Delladova are and Teague/Dennis will eat those two alive.

The Hawks are elite when Teague/Dennis/Korver are having their way and they have a much easier matchup in this round. Expect those 3 to be huge in this series.

You say the same **** before every series, and then you're mostly wrong about everything, because you WAY UNDERPLAY how bad it is to have NO ONE to go to in crunch time in the playoffs.

Korver is not going to be even close to as effective as you are pretending. Smith/Shump/Dellavadova likely draw that combined matchup, and only JR would get lost on picks, and Korver absolutely cannot cover JR on defense.

This series has more to do with Irving's health than anything. Atlanta has no individual matchup advantages at all. Teague is the only real "plus" guy in the lineup in terms of a matchup favoring him, but if Irving is healthy, it sldies to Irvings offense being way better than Teague's, and they're both not stellar defenders.

JetLife21
05-19-2015, 08:27 AM
You say the same **** before every series, and then you're mostly wrong about everything, because you WAY UNDERPLAY how bad it is to have NO ONE to go to in crunch time in the playoffs.

Korver is not going to be even close to as effective as you are pretending. Smith/Shump/Dellavadova likely draw that combined matchup, and only JR would get lost on picks, and Korver absolutely cannot cover JR on defense.

This series has more to do with Irving's health than anything. Atlanta has no individual matchup advantages at all. Teague is the only real "plus" guy in the lineup in terms of a matchup favoring him, but if Irving is healthy, it sldies to Irvings offense being way better than Teague's, and they're both not stellar defenders.

Atlanta is 2-0 and in the ECFs, how could I be wrong so far?

No individual matchup advantages? You are clueless. Thompson and Mozgov can't guard Millsap and Horford on the perimeter. Irving and Della can't stay in front of Teague and Dennis. Teague has matched Kyrie in play throughout their careers and always took the W.

J.R. is a damn jumpshooter. Kyle just got done chasing Beal around for 6 games and you think he's worried about J.R. taking 10 3's? The Cavs won't be running J.R. off of 1,000 screens like the Wiz did with Beal.

sdballer5588
05-19-2015, 08:31 AM
Atlanta is 2-0 and in the ECFs, how could I be wrong so far?

No individual matchup advantages? You are clueless. Thompson and Mozgov can't guard Millsap and Horford on the perimeter. Irving and Della can't stay in front of Teague and Dennis. Teague has matched Kyrie in play throughout their careers and always took the W.

J.R. is a damn jumpshooter. Kyle just got done chasing Beal around for 6 games and you think he's worried about J.R. taking 10 3's? The Cavs won't be running J.R. off of 1,000 screens like the Wiz did with Beal.

Thompson certainly CAN follow them to the perimeter, he's much faster than you seem to think. Cavs will likely run the dreaded lineup of Smith Shumpert Irving LeBron + Mozgov or TT which has run roughshod over everyone.

Lol @ your Korver comment. Why the hell would it matter if Korver is chasing JR? He cannot come CLOSE to guarding him in isolation, why would you need to run him off a million picks?

Your comment about Kyries career record vs Teague is equally misguided. Are you honestly pumping up beating any Cavs team with Irving OUTSIDE of this season? 1 on 1 that matchup is not even close if they're both healthy.

JetLife21
05-19-2015, 08:32 AM
Lebron's shot chart through the first 2 rounds.

https://twitter.com/peachtreehoops/status/600617589384073219/photo/1

BARF

JetLife21
05-19-2015, 08:33 AM
Thompson certainly CAN follow them to the perimeter, he's much faster than you seem to think. Cavs will likely run the dreaded lineup of Smith Shumpert Irving LeBron + Mozgov or TT which has run roughshod over everyone.

Lol @ your Korver comment. Why the hell would it matter if Korver is chasing JR? He cannot come CLOSE to guarding him in isolation, why would you need to run him off a million picks?

Yeah on his 2-3 shots inside the 3 pt line per game? You are drunk. go back to bed.

sdballer5588
05-19-2015, 08:33 AM

BARF

You better pray it stays that way, LeBron missing open shots. Then again using your own logic, LeBron is 2-0, what does he have to worry about?

Yeah on his 2-3 shots inside the 3 pt line per game? You are drunk. go back to bed.

What are you talking about rofl. Korver is a matchup JR can abuse. Lol @ thinking he won't take him to the rack. JR is an athlete and Korver is a bad isolation defender.

JetLife21
05-19-2015, 08:40 AM
You better pray it stays that way, LeBron missing open shots. Then again using your own logic, LeBron is 2-0, what does he have to worry about?

What are you talking about rofl. Korver is a matchup JR can abuse. Lol @ thinking he won't take him to the rack. JR is an athlete and Korver is a bad isolation defender.

Korver will score more per game than J.R. will and will have a bigger impact on the series. Book it.

Korver will likely be face guarded while J.R. won't receive near the same attention.

It won't even be close really. Guarding J.R. will be a walk in the park compared to trying to defend Beal who actually takes shots that aren't 3 pointers and works relentlessly to get open.

Daewoo_Lanos
05-19-2015, 08:49 AM
Korver will score more per game than J.R. will and will have a bigger impact on the series. Book it.

Korver will likely be face guarded while J.R. won't receive near the same attention.

It won't even be close really. Guarding J.R. will be a walk in the park compared to trying to defend Beal who actually takes shots that aren't 3 pointers and works relentlessly to get open.

have you even watched the Cavs play this season? fkn LOL

that feel when you dont have to work relentlessly to get open because having Lebron James as a teammate and 4 guys collapsing on him means you're always open.

sdballer5588
05-19-2015, 08:53 AM
Blown away at this dude.

Korver is doing worse in every efficiency stat right now despite playing 2 worse teams.

JetLife21
05-19-2015, 09:13 AM
have you even watched the Cavs play this season? fkn LOL

that feel when you dont have to work relentlessly to get open because having Lebron James as a teammate and 4 guys collapsing on him means you're always open.

What does any of that have to do with what I said?

What is easier to defend? A guy who is chilling on the wing waiting on a pass from Lebron or a guy who is working through countless screens and constantly moving. Korver will expend far less energy defending J.R. than he did vs Beal. It's not even close to being an argument and any one who thinks this statement is incorrect doesn't know much about the game of basketball.

I can't wait for all of these J.R. ISO's since SD seems to think that they will focus on J.R. beating Korver off the dribble. The Hawks would love for the Cavs to go that route.

JetLife21
05-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Blown away at this dude.

Korver is doing worse in every efficiency stat right now despite playing 2 worse teams.

and drawing far more attention. Teams game plan for Korver, they don't game plan for J.R.

You will see soon enough. Let's see which player has a defender stuck to him like glue while the other players defender routinely helps off.

sdballer5588
05-19-2015, 09:33 AM
and drawing far more attention. Teams game plan for Korver, they don't game plan for J.R.

You will see soon enough. Let's see which player has a defender stuck to him like glue while the other players defender routinely helps off.

Game planning for 11 ppg? Shut up lol

Korver has shown that he vanishes in crunch time, and has genuinely been a downgrade from his regular season self. Keep tooting that horn though. We'll see.

Daewoo_Lanos
05-19-2015, 09:41 AM

BARF

you post this as if it's normal for him.

good luck if he manages to hit better than 16% from 3.

JetLife21
05-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Game planning for 11 ppg? Shut up lol

Korver has shown that he vanishes in crunch time, and has genuinely been a downgrade from his regular season self. Keep tooting that horn though. We'll see.

The Wiz faceguarded Korver for the entire series and never left him. If that's not game planning for a player, what is?

You are really looking foolish right about now.

JetLife21
05-19-2015, 09:50 AM
you post this as if it's normal for him.

good luck if he manages to hit better than 16% from 3.

Oh I agree and I expect him to shoot better than 16% from 3. The question is, how much better will he shoot. If it's only marginally, the Cavs are in trouble. If he shoots closer to 40% while his shooters stay hot and Korver stays cold, the Hawks are in trouble.