PDA

View Full Version : 5 straight ECF appearances by LeBron is ****ing amazing to say the least.

srom12
05-15-2015, 08:37 AM
What other player in the modern NBA era has achieved this?

No other player could ever carry a team like LeMoses does every year.

INB4 LeEast. Every year he has been through some tough match ups and hard fought battles (Indiana, Chicago, Boston etc).

Your thoughts.

HoustonMiscer
05-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Yuh he a good playa um

HairyScandinavian
05-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Yep, it's absolutely amazing how ****ty the Eastern conference is.

edit: references tough matchups, posts Indiana, Chicago, and Boston. LOL

BeastModeFTW
05-15-2015, 09:10 AM
and in these 5 years he's beat a total of 4 teams with 50+ wins on his way there. For some reference Kobe went through 8 50+ win teams in the West from 2008-2010

BullStampede
05-15-2015, 09:13 AM
Didnt the Pistons go six straight years last decade?

Fist-Of-Freedom
05-15-2015, 09:15 AM
We going to pretend if he was in the WC he would have been MAYBE 8th seed?

ClutchAnalyst
05-15-2015, 09:16 AM

maybe not that low but he would have some competition for sure

and the outcome of repeated brutal battles in each round would be interesting to say the least `

woody19
05-15-2015, 09:16 AM
and in these 5 years he's beat a total of 4 teams with 50+ wins on his way there. For some reference Kobe went through 8 50+ win teams in the West from 2008-2010

Got poop pushed in by celtics
Barely beat an injured celtics team
And played arguably the worst team in finals history the magic

jalundah
05-15-2015, 09:18 AM

Bench - 305
Deadlift - 335

are u kidding me. who was legs

fuarkoutdawhey
05-15-2015, 09:22 AM
People root for the teams he faces then when LeBron owns them the same people say they're poverty opponents

MultipleSources
05-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Dude can ball no doubt. Gotta keep in mind his teams though. The Heat and now the Cavs are good af as a TEAM.

I think carrying that Cavs team in 2010 is more impressive than any other feat personally.

SubwaySub
05-15-2015, 09:34 AM
Didnt the Pistons go six straight years last decade?lol this

GodbeBryant
05-15-2015, 09:40 AM
Dude can ball no doubt. Gotta keep in mind his teams though. The Heat and now the Cavs are good af as a TEAM.

I think carrying that Cavs team in 2010 is more impressive than any other feat personally.

this. how many 60+ win teams has he beaten in a 7 game series? I think ATL will be his first if the cavs do it

Daewoo_Lanos
05-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Yep, it's absolutely amazing how ****ty the Eastern conference is.

edit: references tough matchups, posts Indiana, Chicago, and Boston. LOL

Spurs playoff run - sweep, 6 games, sweep

Heat playoff run - sweep, 5 games, 7 games

that feel when the spurs had a week off before the finals and only needed 14 games to win their conference and still got beat by lebron needing 16 games to win and coming off an exhausting 7 game series.

but but but, the west destroys themselves en route to the finals and lebron has a cakewalk and the west is so exhausted by the finals that Lebron beats them.

another daewoo execution

FGCHENG
05-15-2015, 10:42 AM
ATL, Bulls, Wizards, etc.. would all be first round exits in the West.

Lebron absolutely dominates the Leastern Conference though, I'll give him that but honestly it's not all that impressive considering his Finals winning %. It just shows the discrepancy between the two conferences.

People root for the teams he faces then when LeBron owns them the same people say they're poverty opponents

I apologize Bulls fans, but they're the only ones. No other teams in the East got a fanbase other than the Bulls. Maybe only the Celtics when they're actually good.

KuSHedOuT860
05-15-2015, 10:45 AM
Would only be impressed if he did this in the West which he wouldn't

Daewoo_Lanos
05-15-2015, 10:46 AM

Lebron absolutely dominates the Leastern Conference though, I'll give him that but honestly it's not all that impressive considering his Finals winning %. It just shows the discrepancy between the two conferences.

what about the seasons like 2012

it took Lebron 18 games (5 games, 6 games, 7 games) to make the finals.
OKC made it in 15 games (sweep, 5 games, 6 games).
yet Lebron bitchslapped the 3 HOF locks on that team in 5 games.

what about 2013

it took Lebron 16 games (sweep, 5 games, 7 games) to make the finals.
the Spurs made it in 14 games (sweep, 6 games, sweep).
yet Lebron still beat the 4 HOFers on that team.

oh look. Lebron had to battle harder and longer to make the finals than his western opponents when he won his rings. oh look. Lebron came into the finals off a 7 game series BOTH times he won rings.

much rest. such vacation.

another...

It's hilarious to watch you peasants still bicker when you've already been ethered into a cloud of forgotten memories.

It doesn't matter what the record is of pre-finals opponent.

If the east opponents were that inferior, why did Lebron have to go to war to get out the east? Why did it take 7 games to win the east both times he won rings?

Why did "superior" west teams beat "superior" west teams in less games than Lebron needed to beat "inferior" eastern teams... And then LOSE TO LEBRON?

you phaggots are done. Get these bodybags outta here. Dirt on your coffins. RIP in peace.

strong irrelevant meltdown

bruh it's simple

lebron is the one who went through wars to get to the finals both times he won his rings.

fkn lol.. the spurs literally swept the CONFERENCE FINALS. such ADVERSITY. such WARFARE to win their conference.

you phaggots are done. RIP in peace.

Cliffs:

Another kobetard dream shattered in an instant with nothing but daewoo tire marks on the corpse

notWilliam
05-15-2015, 10:47 AM

Spurs playoff run - sweep, 6 games, sweep

Heat playoff run - sweep, 5 games, 7 games

that feel when the spurs had a week off before the finals and only needed 14 games to win their conference and still got beat by lebron needing 16 games to win and coming off an exhausting 7 game series.

but but but, the west destroys themselves en route to the finals and lebron has a cakewalk and the west is so exhausted by the finals that Lebron beats them.

another daewoo execution

we're going to need to renovate the cemetery with all of these bodies youre burying.

FGCHENG
05-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Being in the Leastern Conference will actually hurt Lebron's legacy in the long run.

He will forever be known as that star who constantly dominates the Leastern Conference only to get his chit pushed in, in the Finals.

And in response to Daewoo, it's actually embarassing that he needs that many games to beat teams with less than 50 wins, etc...

You're really going to tell me that Pacers, Bulls, Isiah Thomas led Celtics, etc... are better teams than Clippers, Spurs, OKC, GSW, etc..?

HairyScandinavian
05-15-2015, 10:49 AM
we're going to need to renovate the cemetery with all of these bodies youre burying.

LOL my ignore list was working great until you quoted him.

Daewoo_Anus posting irrelevant ramblings again I see

AreolaBorealis
05-15-2015, 10:51 AM
Aside from the 2008-2012 Celtics there have been literally no other good teams Lebron has faced in the east. 5 straight is impressive but let's not get carried away here.

Daewoo_Lanos
05-15-2015, 10:51 AM
LOL my ignore list was working great until you quoted him.

Daewoo_Anus posting irrelevant ramblings again I see

this is what defeat looks like.

Daewoo_Lanos
05-15-2015, 10:53 AM
And in response to Daewoo, it's actually embarassing that he needs that many games to beat teams with less than 50 wins, etc...

You're really going to tell me that Pacers, Bulls, etc... are better teams than Clippers, Spurs, OKC, GSW, etc..?

"the west kill each other to make the finals and then lebron beats them because he cakewalked to the finals"

supported BY NO FACTS EVER. fkn lol.

apparently the east playoffs are tougher than the west playoffs... BOTH YEARS lebron won his rings.

1800_Cool_Guy
05-15-2015, 10:53 AM
Lebron beats all competition

Brb asterisk because this era is too watered down
Brb asterisk cause he didnt play in the West
Brb every team Lebron beats is no good

FGCHENG
05-15-2015, 10:56 AM
"the west kill each other to make the finals and then lebron beats them because he cakewalked to the finals"

supported BY NO FACTS EVER. fkn lol.

apparently the east playoffs are tougher than the west playoffs... BOTH YEARS lebron won his rings.

****n LOL are you just dumb or delusional? We're talking about the competition. How good teams are compared to one another. You're really going to sit there and tell me the path to the Finals is actually HARDER in the East? Come on Daewoo I expect you to be smarter than that. Spurs dominated teams in the West because they were on another level. Lebron and the Heat was probably their EASIEST test last year in the post season.

So by that logic, Heat most likely wouldn't even make it out of the first round in the West because they were BY FAR the easiest matchup for the Spurs in the post-season.

dtbrehm
05-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Being in the Leastern Conference will actually hurt Lebron's legacy in the long run.

He will forever be known as that star who constantly dominates the Leastern Conference only to get his chit pushed in, in the Finals.

You're really going to tell me that Pacers, Bulls, Isiah Thomas led Celtics, etc... are better teams than Clippers, Spurs, OKC, GSW, etc..?
Didn't Magic Johnson play in an even weaker conference with a more stacked team?

In the long run, nobody will care.

1800_Cool_Guy
05-15-2015, 11:04 AM
****n LOL are you just dumb or delusional? We're talking about the competition. How good teams are compared to one another. You're really going to sit there and tell me the path to the Finals is actually HARDER in the East? Come on Daewoo I expect you to be smarter than that. Spurs dominated teams in the West because they were on another level. Lebron and the Heat was probably their EASIEST test last year in the post season.

Its just as tough in the East if not tougher.

Vs Boston - some guy got his Shoulder pulled out and some other guy got his skull cracked while also busting up his knee at the same time.

Vs Bulls - Everyone knows how exhausting that series was for everyone. You can see it in the body language. The amount of energy exterted damn near got someone killed. Easily the most physically demanding series in the playoffs

Meanwhile in the West you have a guy like James Harden crying because someone scratched his forearm, You got flopping phaggots in cp3 and Blake, and forget about the Warriors/grizz series. That is the softest series in the entire playoffs.

FGCHENG
05-15-2015, 11:04 AM
Didn't Magic Johnson play in an even weaker conference with a more stacked team?

That may be true but he was 5/9 in the NBA Finals. He won in the Finals more than 50% of the time against an all-time great team.

Daewoo_Lanos
05-15-2015, 11:05 AM

So by that logic, Heat most likely wouldn't even make it out of the first round in the West because they were BY FAR the easiest matchup for the Spurs in the post-season.

um

2012:

it took Lebron 18 games (5 games, 6 games, 7 games) to make the finals.
OKC made it in 15 games (sweep, 5 games, 6 games).

Logic says that because OKC made it through "tougher" competition and "better" teams in less games, that they should've rekt the Heat.. especially considering that they had home court advantage. And yet Lebron who had to go to war to even make the finals beat the chit out of OKC.

2013:

it took Lebron 16 games (sweep, 5 games, 7 games) to make the finals.
the Spurs made it in 14 games (sweep, 6 games, sweep).

Logic says that because the Spurs made it through "tougher" competition and beat "better" teams in less games (AND SWEPT THEIR CONF. FINALS), they should've rekt the Heat even without having home court advantage. When you are good enough to sweep your conference finals and your conference is supposedly THAT superior to the leastern conference, you should easily handle an Eastern team that needed to go to war just to get out of that chithole conference. especially when you have a week off prior to the finals to rest your seasoned warriors.

And yet Lebron won again.

Logic and facts do not support your theory. You are wrong. The eastern playoffs were more difficult than the western playoffs the 2 seasons that Lebron won rings.

"western teams kill each other in the playoffs and lebron cakewalks and beats the west because they are tired" = DEAD FOREVER. RIP in peaces. dirt on the coffin. no one at the funeral bc embarassment.

notWilliam
05-15-2015, 11:06 AM
Just lmfao at LeBeta Stans.
The dude has 0.75 rings and im being generous.
Cant win without teaming up with superstars in their prime like Wade/Bosh/Ray allen/Rashard LEwis/Birdman/Mike Miller.

Perennial loser, might as well call him LeCHOKE. Get back to me when he can beat ACTUAL teams unlike the ones hosted in the LEASTERN conference

iTunesBrah
05-15-2015, 11:08 AM
But who was Chauncy Billups 7x WCF in a row?

FGCHENG
05-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Its just as tough in the East if not tougher.

Vs Boston - some guy got his Shoulder pulled out and some other guy got his skull cracked while also busting up his knee at the same time.

Vs Bulls - Everyone knows how exhausting that series was for everyone. You can see it in the body language. The amount of energy exterted damn near got someone killed. Easily the most physically demanding series in the playoffs

Meanwhile in the West you have a guy like James Harden crying because someone scratched his forearm, You got flopping phaggots in cp3 and Blake, and forget about the Warriors/grizz series. That is the softest series in the entire playoffs.

This post doesn't even warrant a response.

Celtics!? Are you really bringing up an Isiah Thomas led Celtics into this discussion? The team who doesn't even have a .500% record who MADE the postseason in the East?

I don't even know why I bother trying.

KBaller33
05-15-2015, 11:10 AM
To me the most impressive thing about it is his durability. To play this deep in the year for this long while playing 40+ minutes a night in the playoffs and being the central focus of the team is crazy.

broboma2012
05-15-2015, 11:22 AM

that is used against magic. slimmango or whatever his name is constantly posts that magic is the goat and this is always brought up

FakeRabona
05-15-2015, 11:41 AM

For argument sake, what does West 6 - East 5 (since 2004) tell you about discrepancy?

wickedman
05-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Wanted Lebron to win from the start, but this is by far the most pathetic EC playoffs I have ever seen. Confident that the Thunder would have made the ECF easily if they were in conference.

IH8RICE
05-15-2015, 11:42 AM

And what western conference team would he be on?

cashinout
05-15-2015, 11:45 AM
And what western conference team would he be on?

the cavs, obviously

Swept
05-15-2015, 11:59 AM
The east may be weak, but no other player can do what Lebron is doing right now, a chitty game by his standards is better than most players best night.

Take away Lebron and the Cavs team is a joke.

StrapNScrap21
05-15-2015, 12:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Fv07nGR.gif

These west-east debates sound like Pac-12/SEC v B1G debates

BeastModeFTW
05-15-2015, 12:08 PM

pls go. Magic won 59 games and were the best defense in the league. Took a dump on the 66 win cavs in the ecf. also the only guy that was injured on the celtics was perkins... big loss. lol. Meanwhile Bynum and Ariza were injured in 2008.

StrapNScrap21
05-15-2015, 12:08 PM
Yall trippin with the bron hate tho. Urban Meyer has won in every conference he was coaching in, Bron would do the same in the West http://i.imgur.com/wSqJhVr.png

BeastModeFTW
05-15-2015, 12:13 PM
But who was Chauncy Billups 7x WCF in a row?

this billups made the conference finals every year from 2003-2009. pistons make the ecf every year from 2003-2008 led by billups. he gets traded for iverson and the pistons get swept in the first round. meanwhile the nuggets go from getting swept round 1 to the wcf with billups.

FGCHENG
05-15-2015, 01:31 PM
this billups made the conference finals every year from 2003-2009. pistons make the ecf every year from 2003-2008 led by billups. he gets traded for iverson and the pistons get swept in the first round. meanwhile the nuggets go from getting swept round 1 to the wcf with billups.

What Chauncey Billups did was way more impressive. He didn't have the help of other stars like Bosh, Wade, Kyrie, etc..

Chauncey Billups might be the most underrated player ever.

This thread should be about the greatness of Mr. Big Shot.

Dimez25
05-15-2015, 01:45 PM
I love LeBron and all, but Chauncey Billups went to 7 straight Conference Finals by the way.