PDA

View Full Version : Eating and Muscle Growth

TheFever716
05-13-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm relatively new to the site. I'm currently 5'10", 185 lbs., and 18 years old. I spent from last June until now losing 50 pounds, and I'm at the point where I feel I'm ready to start working on my muscles. But my question is, is it possible to gain muscle mass without eating so much. It seems like eating a lot (of healthy foods) is a key to muscle growth, but the whole concept of eating a lot in one day makes me slightly uncomfortable, mainly due to how eating a lot put me in a position where I was 235 lbs, and especially with college just around the corner, it feels like time and budget will be limited. And my diet as it is isnt restrictive, i normally consume about 1500-2000 calories a day. Like I said, I'm new to this and I don't really know what I'm doing per say, so if anything of this sounds stupid, I'm sorry, but does anyone have any pointers?

Mrpb
05-14-2015, 04:06 AM
I'm relatively new to the site. I'm currently 5'10", 185 lbs., and 18 years old. I spent from last June until now losing 50 pounds, and I'm at the point where I feel I'm ready to start working on my muscles. But my question is, is it possible to gain muscle mass without eating so much. It seems like eating a lot (of healthy foods) is a key to muscle growth, but the whole concept of eating a lot in one day makes me slightly uncomfortable, mainly due to how eating a lot put me in a position where I was 235 lbs, and especially with college just around the corner, it feels like time and budget will be limited. And my diet as it is isnt restrictive, i normally consume about 1500-2000 calories a day. Like I said, I'm new to this and I don't really know what I'm doing per say, so if anything of this sounds stupid, I'm sorry, but does anyone have any pointers?

Yes, especially overweight beginner can build significant muscle without eating a lot.

For more details: http://muscleevo.net/lose-fat-gain-muscle/