PDA

View Full Version : Apparently LaMarcus Aldridge is 275 lbs

BrawnySwoleman
04-30-2015, 11:26 AM
http://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0424%2Fnba_g_aldridge_rand oplh1x_1296x729.jpg&w=570
http://media.columbian.com/img/croppedphotos/2014/12/03/Trail_Blazers_Nuggets_Ba20.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/12756995/lamarcus-aldridge-following-zach-randolph-footsteps

In time, Aldridge bulked up and is now rock solid at 275 pounds, he said this week. Steadily, he has grown in every area while making his mark in the record books.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2015/04/lamarcus_aldridge_and_the_muscle_that_changed_his. html

Over the past six seasons, Aldridge has added a staggering 41 pounds of muscle to his frame, transforming a 234-pound string bean as a rookie into what teammates and opponents say is now an immovable object.

He had always had a sturdy base with thick thighs and backside, and in the past two years in particular, his upper body strength has increased, pushing his weight to 275.

Two of Aldridge's teammates, Joel Freeland and Meyers Leonard, both say Aldridge is one of the, if not the, strongest players they have ever gone against.

"It's crazy,'' Freeland said. "You can't move him. He's ridiculously strong.''

Leonard says he is often asking Aldridge how he transformed his body and his game.

"Because the guy is an absolute brick wall. Once he is planted, you can't move him. Watch him and Z-Bo down there when Z-Bo is trying to get inside. Normally, Z-Bo is pushing guys out, but L.A. he just stands his ground,'' Leonard said. "It's really impressive. Any guy who plays against him will tell you the same thing.''

Randolph, who has been called a bully more than once in his career, just shakes his head when picturing the change in Aldridge.

"Lot of muscle. Lot of muscle,'' Randolph said. "He's been in the weight room.''

I'm not sure if I believe that, since 6'11 275 would make him bigger than every PF in the league and a lot of centers. For reference, DeMarcus Cousins is 6'11 270, DeAndre Jordan is 6'11 265, Dwight is 6'11 (more like 6'10) 265, and Bron is 6'8 ~250. I could believe 265.

in before his playoff FG% is the same as his weight

1800_Cool_Guy
04-30-2015, 11:29 AM
Plays like a softy. Doesnt utilize his size at all.

BrawnySwoleman
04-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Plays like a softy. Doesnt utilize his size at all.I hate to call a guy soft but I agree that he doesn't utilize his size enough. He's a polished post player yet throws up a bunch of spinning jumpers and 20 footers. The stats back it up too, more threes than ever and a career low in dunks: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aldrila01.html#shooting::none

chlaxman
04-30-2015, 11:41 AM
Square-cube law. Although 275 seems too heavy.

YellowOnYellow
04-30-2015, 11:53 AM
So lama and zbo the same weight but due to his height he looks like a toothpick?

Not sure what zbos weight is. Just assuming.

BrawnySwoleman
04-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Square-cube law. Although 275 seems too heavy.So correct me if I'm wrong here, but applying that to human height, you're saying that being extremely tall means your weight has to increase more and more in proportion? So a 15 lb gain looks like a lot on a 5'7 guy, but not nearly as much on a 7'0 guy.

So lama and zbo the same weight but due to his height he looks like a toothpick?

Not sure what zbos weight is. Just assuming.Z-Bo's listed at 6'9 260. He's oddly top-heavy, has toothpick calves for someone who's fat.

sdballer5588
04-30-2015, 12:29 PM
LMA is actually pretty big, he's just a pussy. He uses his muscle almost never. When he went up vs Dwight last year they definitely looked similar sizes, except Dwight obviously has the delt caps of someone who clearly lifts more than he plays basketball.

I could easily see that weight being true. Although I doubt he added whatever number of muscle, the NBA always e-stats these "transformations" like when Bosh added "20 pounds" like 2 seasons ago or when LeBron supposedly was anorexic this season.

Asthetik
04-30-2015, 12:33 PM
That's a big bucket of chicken.

nvrstopworking
04-30-2015, 12:39 PM
LMA is actually pretty big, he's just a pussy. He uses his muscle almost never. When he went up vs Dwight last year they definitely looked similar sizes, except Dwight obviously has the delt caps of someone who clearly lifts more than he plays basketball.

I could easily see that weight being true. Although I doubt he added whatever number of muscle, the NBA always e-stats these "transformations" like when Bosh added "20 pounds" like 2 seasons ago or when LeBron supposedly was anorexic this season.

Speaking as a Raptor fan I could definitely attest to the 20 extra lbs on Bosh. He def WAS bigger. Played like it too until he wore down near the end of the season and got hurt.

LMA being 275 though? I don't buy that. He should be KILLING guys at that size.... not hoisting 20fters.

jross2021
04-30-2015, 12:42 PM

Pound of muscle is the dumbest thing anyway. He probably gained 20 lbs, 3-7 of muscle, 10 of water weight and some fat.

Shortstop36
04-30-2015, 12:47 PM
brb strong af, 275 pound. Brb shooting long 2s all game

BrawnySwoleman
04-30-2015, 01:09 PM

Yeah they aren't too different in size:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f89e291b207d2fb5c9b8d6280fb927a12792e045/c=164-0-3461-2479&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/test/2014/01/19//1390167352000-AP-Rockets-Trail-Blazers-Basketball.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/blazers/matchupvshouston700x350.jpg

As for the LeBron thing, I honestly think he lowered his carbs, dropped some fukking water weight/facial bloat, and then the media and everyone else just ran with that.

"LeBron drops 50 lbs!"
"LeBron losing weight to extend his career"
"Is he getting off the juice before the HGH testing?"

When in reality he looks the same as last year. Maybe he was 260 last year and now he's 250. Big difference.

Pound of muscle is the dumbest thing anyway. He probably gained 20 lbs, 3-7 of muscle, 10 of water weight and some fat.

There's a writer on NBA.com who noticed how these stories always say "X added 15 lbs of muscle this offseason." Not 10, 12, or 20, but always 15.

http://allball.blogs.nba.com/tag/musclewatch/

Like you said, of course it isn't always all muscle.

Swept
04-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Dwight is 285 and LMA was still getting bullied by ZBO

chlaxman
04-30-2015, 02:00 PM
So correct me if I'm wrong here, but applying that to human height, you're saying that being extremely tall means your weight has to increase more and more in proportion? So a 15 lb gain looks like a lot on a 5'7 guy, but not nearly as much on a 7'0 guy.

Z-Bo's listed at 6'9 260. He's oddly top-heavy, has toothpick calves for someone who's fat.

Exactly.

mrvz
04-30-2015, 02:04 PM
LMA looks skinny fat. maybe because of his baggy jersey.

mrvz
04-30-2015, 02:06 PM
don't use google for sources. they are listing KD at 109kg = 240lbs.

uwot

http://i.imgur.com/NESEtdK.png

HoustonMiscer
04-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Now he needs to play big instead of just being big

BrawnySwoleman
04-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Dwight is 285 and LMA was still getting bullied by ZBO
Everyone gets bullied by Z-Bo. That's his game, just banging guys all night long.

LMA looks skinny fat. maybe because of his baggy jersey.
Forgot to mention this as it definitely makes a visual difference.

don't use google for sources. they are listing KD at 109kg = 240lbs.

uwot

http://i.imgur.com/NESEtdK.pngYeah I'll google, but then check the sources. The weight that comes up for Aldridge is only 240. Lol @ Durant being 240. He's about 6'10, maybe 6'11 and doesn't look like he could be over 225. He was listed at 215 coming out of college and does look a bit thicker, but everyone else with similar listed stats looks much bigger.

https://dn3pm25xmtlyu.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/852540349.gif?1399841966&Expires=1430516491&Signature=rmevEbkEA0nshlrkzEVo85NPed37i1pkCt4l8~gr 59pPLsjSa3POpzOistgQLt1y3T9uN60i57CGPI4D1Z6by~dfMc PNGhMQ3PxWuWfl5LDOQuZxaUPmGs9r5Uy9B-3KlN-jubIfph50ScN-2doQamkZzWY8LE83qydWs7FO7dE_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA

dmoneythegoat
04-30-2015, 03:01 PM
Everyone gets bullied by Z-Bo. That's his game, just banging guys all night long.
]n-n-no homo

ClevageGobbler
04-30-2015, 03:06 PM
If anybody can find an archive, check out game two, POR vs MEM, third quarter when the score was (wanna say 55) to 68 Grizzlies. Zbo backed him down from about 13 feet out, one, two, three got himself a nice 8 foot look and sunk it in LMA's face to make it 55-70. Portland gets the ball and Aldridge tries to redeem himself at the other end but is forced to pass it (suffocating defense) out and his team ends up getting a shot clock violation. He was so pissed. It looked like he thought about throwing the ball at Conley.

Just a couple of plays I thought were nice but yeah, immovable object...Z-Bo is fkn strong.

momason
04-30-2015, 03:07 PM
275 might be a little much. I'd believe 265. but then again 10lbs on a legit 6'10, is that really noticeable?

AestheticNoz
04-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Plays like a softy. Doesnt utilize his size at all.

/Thread

The guy is a more athletic version of Dirk who would be so much more valuable if he posted up in the paint. Seems like most PFs want to become stretch 4s to space the floor whilst ignoring their inside game

04-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Media overplays the gaining/losing weight narrative far too much.

LMA is probably 265-275. Lebron was probably 255-260 last year and is 250 now.

Nobody gave a single fuk when Tim Duncan lost considerable amounts of weight as he aged. For some reason, they have a weird obsession with it now. Lebron lost maybe 5 pounds. Losing 15 pounds over a 3 month period when you're already very lean is unhealthy. All of these athletes have world class trainers and dietitians. They know this stuff.

IMO the only reason they care so much is so they can say "LEBRON JAMES LOST 15 POUNDS IN A MONTH DOING THE PALEO DIET, HERE BUY THIS MAGAZINE AND YOU CAN DO IT TOO!"

n-n-no homo

Lol'd.

J1992
04-30-2015, 03:27 PM
He could jst have tree trunk legs. Dwight from what I remember has skinny legs(explains why he's frequently off balance when doing post moves). With his upper body Dwight should be closer to 290.

http://footbasket.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Dwight-Howard-June-2014.jpg

BrawnySwoleman
04-30-2015, 05:10 PM
n-n-no homoNothing gay about a huge man ramming his ass into another huge man.

/Thread

The guy is a more athletic version of Dirk who would be so much more valuable if he posted up in the paint. Seems like most PFs want to become stretch 4s to space the floor whilst ignoring their inside gameYeah the thing about it is a ton of players can be spot-up shooters but not a lot can do what LMA, AD, Blake, etc. do in the midrange, and off of post-ups and pick and rolls. These guys have a unique set of skills, and taking a high volume of threes can detract from that.

Media overplays the gaining/losing weight narrative far too much.

LMA is probably 265-275. Lebron was probably 255-260 last year and is 250 now.

Nobody gave a single fuk when Tim Duncan lost considerable amounts of weight as he aged. For some reason, they have a weird obsession with it now. Lebron lost maybe 5 pounds. Losing 15 pounds over a 3 month period when you're already very lean is unhealthy. All of these athletes have world class trainers and dietitians. They know this stuff.

IMO the only reason they care so much is so they can say "LEBRON JAMES LOST 15 POUNDS IN A MONTH DOING THE PALEO DIET, HERE BUY THIS MAGAZINE AND YOU CAN DO IT TOO!"

Lol'd.Yeah see my post above. Duncan lost a lot of weight before the lockout season and it was really noticeable, but I don't remember stories about it. Hell LeBron could have been 260 last year, slimmed down to 250, but is now 260 again lol.

He could jst have tree trunk legs. Dwight from what I remember has skinny legs(explains why he's frequently off balance when doing post moves). With his upper body Dwight should be closer to 290.

http://footbasket.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Dwight-Howard-June-2014.jpgMakes sense.

If anybody can find an archive, check out game two, POR vs MEM, third quarter when the score was (wanna say 55) to 68 Grizzlies. Zbo backed him down from about 13 feet out, one, two, three got himself a nice 8 foot look and sunk it in LMA's face to make it 55-70. Portland gets the ball and Aldridge tries to redeem himself at the other end but is forced to pass it (suffocating defense) out and his team ends up getting a shot clock violation. He was so pissed. It looked like he thought about throwing the ball at Conley.

Just a couple of plays I thought were nice but yeah, immovable object...Z-Bo is fkn strong.I have BallStreams, I'll check for that when I get home.

bigpoppi18
06-18-2015, 08:32 PM
LMA is softer than the toilet paper in my guest bathroom

koreangenetics
06-18-2015, 09:02 PM
is it me or does dwight looks smaller than in Orlando days

dsync
06-18-2015, 09:26 PM
is it me or does dwight looks smaller than in Orlando days

This. His back injury looks like it resulted in significant atrophy.

justinlando
06-18-2015, 09:26 PM
I covered basketball for a living for over 5 years during and after college.... Unless it is a pre-draft measurement, literally nothing should be taken as truth. Never trust height. Never trust weight. Never trust vert. EVER. The number of players listed at 6'9 that are actually 6'11? Hilariously more than you'd think. The guards listed at 6'3 that are actually 5'11 on a good day? It's very common. The funniest thing about conditioning of NBA players? They lift more than you'd think, and the players who "put on x of muscle" almost always just lost fat and toned up. The players who LEGITIMATELY lost weight over time (easiest example is Kevin Love) was soooooooo soooooo subtle over time. Never trust that weight ****. You'd laugh if you saw how inconsistent the "LeBron is 6'8 270" then a week later he's 250 then 265, and it fluctuates so often. True story: After losing to the Mavs in the finals, he was roughly 255 (during LeBron James Skills Academy). His body composition change has much more to do with the changes in macros of his diet and his body literally passing his peak (which from a body standpoint was 2011) so we are starting to see subtle regressions. Nothing wrong with that, but just another example of hype train and storylines not being true to life.