PDA

View Full Version : Advice on whether i have reached my genetic limits

JONESY11882005
04-30-2015, 06:46 AM
Hi, I posted this is another thread, just looking for a bit of varied advice/feedback as im going to be competing in physique in 2 months.

Basically its quite a simple question, im 5 ft 10 and currently at 6%bf at 80.5-80.7kg (2 weeks out from my practice prep show date). Having researched a lot around genetic potential and maximum lean muscle capacity, its estimated that the general maximum I could reach naturally is 79-80 kg at 5% bf (so stage ready, and slightly less when dehydrated etc). Im just wondering if anyone has any advice for improving my physique from there really, or is it likely that the way forward for someone in my position is the obvious "lab based assistance". My recent profile pic is an indicator of my current condition. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

David

JavelinBeast
05-30-2015, 03:30 AM
If your a natural, this should help : The WeighTrainer Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements Calculator by Casey Butt (search google)

All you need to do is check ankle and wrist size in inches and add the rest of your stats.

These are numbers from case studies so are fairly accurate.

SPARTANUP
05-30-2015, 12:13 PM
Awesome calves btw.

Well only you can really know if you can squeeze more water out of the rock that is your physique.
If your goal is to compete in physique for a good long time I would "get help".

Steron99
06-03-2015, 01:47 PM
I don't give a lot of credence to max lean muscle cap.and such.Your genetic potential is fixed,and you look good in your photo,right now i'd stick to "what is" and refine that in the gym.It has been proven that people have gone beyond estimated muscle capacity so it think that you are limiting yourself by thinking of those estimations.I'd wait several years before considering "supps".You're young and still have untapped potential naturally.

WillBMX
07-08-2015, 03:16 AM
Totally pointless reply from me other than to say, no way, UFG in the background of your AVI!
Also, good luck with the comp, if you're who I think you are, you are in great shape so I'm sure you'll do great.

Dismember556
12-23-2015, 05:55 AM
There's always room for improvement. Natural potential is just limiting yourself. Forget that boundry and train. You'll see gains.;)

ImJJames
02-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Let me get this straight OP....you claim natty?

8lackh0rse
02-26-2016, 10:09 AM
There's always room for improvement. Natural potential is just limiting yourself. Forget that boundry and train. You'll see gains.;)
No limits for narutals

sMuCKD4ddY
03-20-2016, 11:48 PM
Hi, I posted this is another thread, just looking for a bit of varied advice/feedback as im going to be competing in physique in 2 months.

Basically its quite a simple question, im 5 ft 10 and currently at 6%bf at 80.5-80.7kg (2 weeks out from my practice prep show date). Having researched a lot around genetic potential and maximum lean muscle capacity, its estimated that the general maximum I could reach naturally is 79-80 kg at 5% bf (so stage ready, and slightly less when dehydrated etc). Im just wondering if anyone has any advice for improving my physique from there really, or is it likely that the way forward for someone in my position is the obvious "lab based assistance". My recent profile pic is an indicator of my current condition. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

DavidPussy Genetics brah

Dovertech6200
03-27-2016, 09:03 AM
According to Casey Butt, and few other guys ( Martin Berkhan for example ) yes.

Also check out for Arnold's video which made at 1982. ( Shape up with Arnold ).

He seems natural there and you can realize natural limits.