PDA

View Full Version : Lamarcus Aldridge Is Shooting 34% In The Playoffs

BeastModeFTW
04-28-2015, 08:14 AM
on 23.5 shots per game. has a 7 footer ever shot that poorly with that kinda of volume in the playoffs before? Dude has been straight up chucking the Blazers out of games with his terrible shot selection. cringe every time I see this dude shoot- always some contested falling away 20 footer. Last night dude went 6-22 including 1/11 in the second half- his only make was a stat padding tip in with 0.9 seconds left with Blazers up 5.

TheBannedBrah
04-28-2015, 08:29 AM
He's having a pretty bad series but in his defence he's playing memphis.

PjzBoozer
04-28-2015, 08:30 AM
on 23.5 shots per game. has a 7 footer ever shot that poorly with that kinda of volume in the playoffs before? Dude has been straight up chucking the Blazers out of games with his terrible shot selection. cringe every time I see this dude shoot- always some contested falling away 20 footer. Last night dude went 6-22 including 1/11 in the second half- his only make was a stat padding tip in with 0.9 seconds left with Blazers up 5.

http://cdn.niketalk.com/5/56/200x200px-ZC-564c440b_black-kid-oh-snap.gif

Still want him in L.A. :)

mk8
04-28-2015, 08:59 AM
I agree and all the locals, well everyone for that matter, wants to do is criticize Lillard, when he's actually played very well the last two games. I went to both games 3 and 4 and Aldridge has seemed uninterested to me.

HoustonMiscer
04-28-2015, 09:01 AM
Its because he's not playing vs Rockets srs

chlaxman
04-28-2015, 09:11 AM
I wonder if it has anything to do with an injury...

BeastModeFTW
04-28-2015, 09:16 AM
I wonder if it has anything to do with an injury...

then he should be shooting less or at the very least take shots in the paint instead of jacking 20 footer after 20 footer.

GodbeBryant
04-28-2015, 09:31 AM
saw last night's game and a lot of it is due to marc gasol and Memphis' defense in general coupled with the fact he's forcing stupid contested long two's

mk8
04-28-2015, 09:37 AM
saw last night's game and a lot of it is due to marc gasol and Memphis' defense in general coupled with the fact he's forcing stupid contested long two'sHe wants nothing to do with Gasol and/or Randolph in the paint.

Shortstop36
04-28-2015, 09:39 AM
Didn't even watch that boring series. Is he still taking the least efficient shots in the league as a seven footer(long 2's)?

ThickMeat
04-28-2015, 01:08 PM
Lma is such a lazy player..he just shoots right when he catches it

sdballer5588
04-28-2015, 01:26 PM
He's very bad inside vs physical defenders, has no post game in terms of power moves, his drop step is terrible, and his only real asset is a decent jumper.

Problem is he's not Dirk so he can't live and die off of 18 footers. He's a pretty subpar passer, good rebounder average defender.

LMA was always the hipster 3rd place finisher in elite PF discussions. Honestly embarrassing anyone would compare Blake to him.

Right now it's

Blake/AD favoring AD because he's a way way way better defender

Everyone else.

I told everyone, Blakes regular season rebounding numbers were not indicative of his ability, he was not getting boards by design, now he's leading the postseason in RPG.

feels good being a wizard.

1800_Cool_Guy
04-28-2015, 01:40 PM
Jump shootin big man, playoffs, tougher D, injured, want to bail on the Blazers, etc. Combined them all and this is the result.

BJohnny1988
04-28-2015, 02:35 PM
He's very bad inside vs physical defenders, has no post game in terms of power moves, his drop step is terrible, and his only real asset is a decent jumper.

Problem is he's not Dirk so he can't live and die off of 18 footers. He's a pretty subpar passer, good rebounder average defender.

LMA was always the hipster 3rd place finisher in elite PF discussions. Honestly embarrassing anyone would compare Blake to him.

Right now it's

Everyone else.

I told everyone, Blakes regular season rebounding numbers were not indicative of his ability, he was not getting boards by design, now he's leading the postseason in RPG.

yep

BJohnny1988
04-28-2015, 02:37 PM
oh and this guy is done as a Blazer.

jross2021
04-28-2015, 03:12 PM
its just because it's Memphis.

dsync
04-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Zbo has always played LMA extremely well and Gasol is one of the best defenders in the league, it also doesn't help that LMA is receiving the ball & shooting from 3-5 ft outside his comfort zone and with sub 6s of clock time. He shot like three 3ptrs last night at the end of shot clocks.

From what I've seen in this series POR has trouble getting into their offense, which puts them under pressure and forces bailout low % shots. I don't expect LMA or anyone else to hit end of the shot clock long-2's or contested 3's with any regularity. Even at the end of game 4 POR only really managed to get good opportunities when MEM became stagnant and stopped moving the ball. Can't blame LMA for failing against what is basically his direct counter.

srom12
04-28-2015, 05:08 PM
He's always been a floor spacer who can't space the floor.

ctownballer04
04-28-2015, 05:33 PM

Right now it's

Everyone else.

LMA's defense is underrated. He is playing like **** though in this series.