PDA

View Full Version : Slow metabolism

Zturpin
04-22-2015, 06:15 PM
Okay so a few years ago I decided I was going to lose weight and get into the best shape of my life. So I worked out constantly & barely ate anything. I realize now how stupid that was. I'm 6'5 & went from about 250 to 190 in about 2 or 3 months. I'm now 20 years old Now I'm sitting around 220, but it seems like I slowed my metabolism down so much that when I eat like a normal person I gain weight like crazy. We're talking 17 pounds in 3 days before. I was just wondering on what tips anyone had on how to get my metabolism back to where it should be.

nakkiz
04-22-2015, 06:38 PM
count calories

"normal person" is as vague as it gets.

ShyGuyXS
04-22-2015, 06:45 PM
With some time and regular eating, it will start to normalize. A lot of that gain was probably water and fluids getting back into your system. Your body needs time to adjust from the long-term deprivation.

nicholina
04-22-2015, 07:04 PM
While you haven't given enough relevant information for anyone to answer this question, the issue isn't that your metabolism is "slow". Your body is simply storing more energy than it is burning, which is related to hormones that control fuel partitioning. In order to change the way your body handles fuel, you will have to correct the underlying defect in metabolism. It is likely that the problem has worsened since you lost and regained weight.

blackout3
04-22-2015, 08:53 PM
It will just take time to normalise. After I cut a lot of weight drastically I would maintain my low weight on about 1800 calories, now I can sit at 2500 and the scales won't move. It's tough but over time you just slowly increase your intake while at the same time acknowledging that you WILL gain weight; most of it glycogen and water, and a little fat perhaps.

Good luck :)