PDA

View Full Version : Fat burning expert needed

Levilifter
04-21-2015, 08:52 PM
How long would it take an individual who was around 210lbs and 25% body fat to get to 15%? That is doing it the healthy way and shooting for around a 1lb of fat loss a week?

20 weeks maybe?

AncientYouth
04-21-2015, 10:19 PM
Read the stickies

Luclin999
04-21-2015, 10:32 PM
If you are right about your weight and BF percentage, roughly 26 weeks at one pound per week.

Levilifter
04-22-2015, 08:17 PM
If you are right about your weight and BF percentage, roughly 26 weeks at one pound per week.

Do you think 26 weeks is too long?

Tigerzen
04-22-2015, 08:31 PM
You can go a little faster if you wish, 2 pounds a week is still healthy, fat loss may slow down a bit as you get closer to your goal, how tall are you?

Luclin999
04-22-2015, 09:13 PM
Do you think 26 weeks is too long?

No. It will give you time to adjust your life and eating habits to help allow you to learn how to stay leaner once the weight is off.

livin101
04-22-2015, 09:26 PM
OP, don't get too hung up on a definite time frame for weight loss. As has been said by many across the fat loss section, "fat loss is a marathon". Go too fast, you may end up with stretch marks, loose skin, or various other unwanted side effects. Personally, I would suggest focusing on steady progress, setting and meeting short term goals, and focusing on how to make your healthy lifestyle permanent.

I think getting too wrapped up in a set time period will only lead to disappointment if it doesn't happen or your body doesn't look like what you had in mind for an end result. Just my two cents.

Levilifter
04-22-2015, 09:33 PM
OP, don't get too hung up on a definite time frame for weight loss. As has been said by many across the fat loss section, "fat loss is a marathon". Go too fast, you may end up with stretch marks, loose skin, or various other unwanted side effects. Personally, I would suggest focusing on steady progress, setting and meeting short term goals, and focusing on how to make your healthy lifestyle permanent.

I think getting too wrapped up in a set time period will only lead to disappointment if it doesn't happen or your body doesn't look like what you had in mind for an end result. Just my two cents.

Yeah top advice! I want to burnt he fat and keep it off for good this time.

Levilifter
04-22-2015, 09:35 PM
You can go a little faster if you wish, 2 pounds a week is still healthy, fat loss may slow down a bit as you get closer to your goal, how tall are you?

I'm 6,1. I try to eat around 200 calories a day and get at least an hour walking in, per day that is.

No access to gym right now, so just body weight exercises.

livin101
04-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Yeah top advice! I want to burnt he fat and keep it off for good this time.

Have you read the stickies and got a rough idea of your TDEE and macros?

laguna80
04-22-2015, 10:03 PM
I'm 6,1. I try to eat around 200 calories a day and get at least an hour walking in, per day that is.

No access to gym right now, so just body weight exercises.
lol I hope you meant 2000 calories dude!

Maverick2015
04-22-2015, 10:10 PM
2000 should be good. The initial weight comes off fatter anyway. You can drop faster at the beginning if you want and go lower but you will get there either way. The comment about stretch marks and loose skin was a bit off. But you don't want to lose muscle. You can always adjust as you go.

livin101
04-22-2015, 10:20 PM
2000 should be good. The initial weight comes off fatter anyway. You can drop faster at the beginning if you want and go lower but you will get there either way. The comment about stretch marks and loose skin was a bit off. But you don't want to lose muscle. You can always adjust as you go.

Doing it "healthy" and losing 1 lb per week as mentioned in OP's original post wouldn't be bad. My comment was directed more towards the "how fast can I go" aspect of losing fat.

Levilifter
04-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Right now I'm on a 3 month travel, so it can be hard to get all the right macs and stuff in, but I just try my hardest to stick to 2000 calls a day and do a bit of walking. When I get back home and start a routine, I'll start shooting for 1800 cals a day and more exercise.

hellstorm2004
04-23-2015, 12:46 PM
You might have a slowed metabolism. What's your exercise routine like?