PDA

View Full Version : Is my diet and protein intake good

ryanuk012
04-21-2015, 01:21 PM
I am 5 foot 11 or 177 and 147 lbs my bf is around 19 - 22% and 1780 kcal bmr

Right now I am trying to build muscle and loose fat and get my abs showing from under some belly fat at the moment I use weight and my own body weight exercises with cardio which is in intervals I eat 1800 calories and burn around 150 calories from cardio alone without my paper round and walking round school
My protein intake is around 67 grams which I get from nuts, shakes and 50 grams of chicken breast is this good

InItForFitness
04-21-2015, 01:43 PM
You're 14 years old...YOU ARE WAY TOO YOUNG TO BE TRYING TO DIET AND LOSE WEIGHT!
You're also far too small at your height to lose further weight. If anything you should be trying to gain weight.

Stop dieting IMMEDIATELY.
Stop tracking calories & macros.

Start living a normal life and being a teenager.
Eat. Train. Do your schoolwork. Rest. Repeat.

WolfBeast
04-21-2015, 01:52 PM
You're 14? Don't limit your calories. You should try and get a little more than 67g of protein a day. eat kid you're still growing-to build muscle you need to eat enough

ryanuk012
04-22-2015, 09:15 AM
How do I get the 6 pack from under my fat if I up my calories

rhadam
04-22-2015, 09:21 AM
How do I get the 6 pack from under my fat if I up my calories

At this point you don't. It would be stupid to try to do that. Ideally you will start lifting heavy, and often. The body will gain muscle and lose some fat simultaneously. The worst thing you could do now is restrict calories to lose fat. Don't do this at your age, your development, especially brain development, is much more critical than you wanting abs.