PDA

View Full Version : Need some "urgent" help to reach my personal goals, help appreciated.

MattM218
04-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Been trying to follow some nutritional plan that should allow me to lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously through cycling my carb intake. The original plan goes like this: Carb intake goes from full 100% down to 25% then back up and repeats
Day 1: 100%
Day 2: 75%
Day 3: 50%
Day 4: 25%
Day 5: 25%
Day 6: 50%
Day 7: 75%
Day 8: 100%
Day 9: 100%
Day 10: 75%

Here's my question about this little routine, if I only workout from Mondays through Fridays, say Day 1 is Monday, should I still follow the plan accordingly? Or change it up to a more day specific carb intake, say every Monday is 100% and Fridays are 25%?

Also got another problem, I've posted other very similar threads to this and didn't really get anywhere with help on the next thing because all people say is "You shouldn't be doing that" but don't go into depth about what I should do. Currently I'm just around 276 lbs and I'm looking to reach some strength goals by the end of August this year, specifically I'm looking to increase my bench max from about 205 (I know, horrible) to in the range of 280-310, and boost my squat max from about 240 (also terrible) to maybe around 450 (probably too high of a goal, let me know). The numbers I came up with next come from some critiques on my past numbers in the forum, basically for the above nutritional plan I wrote down I should be eating about 3700 calories a day, 40% carbs (1480 cal, 370g), 40% protein (1480 cal, 370g), 20% fat (740 cal, 82,2g).
1. Do you think I should follow the carb cycle exactly? Or should I change it to 100% carbs on Mondays down to 25% of my carbs Fridays and maybe eat a solid 75% on the weekend?
2. Do you think the numbers I posted are in the ok range for my weight/goal? I've been told that I shouldn't be eating 350+ grams of protein but I don't know how else I would fill the calories without eating more carbs/fats and ultimately screw up my goal of losing fat and gaining muscle.
(Also just to clear this up since I know it'll be asked and said, I'm 16 years old and trying to gain a crap ton of strength for my senior football season so please no remarks about just "dude cut, don't bulk now". I've got a specific goal, gain a lot of strength and lose some fat and possibly get down to around 250-260 lbs, nothing drastic. Reason I say this now is because I want to have a fantastic final football year and I'm gonna need a lot more strength if I want to play again because I didn't play this year due to personal reasons. I'll begin cutting fat after my season.)
3. Overall, is this a good nutritional plan to follow? Carb Cycling? At least for cutting and gaining muscle, is it? Or is there another one? If you know of another better one that could probably suit me better, please share.

Thanks in advance to any helpful responses. If you think there's a problem with something above like my protein intake or something let me know what I should do.

Gxp23
04-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Just forget all that, just find out your maintenance calories using the stickies, then eat 500 calories less, no need to carb cycle, carbs dont make you fat, neither does fat, you dont need an absurd amount of protein either. Just a calorie deficit, thats it.

MattM218
04-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Just forget all that, just find out your maintenance calories using the stickies, then eat 500 calories less, no need to carb cycle, carbs dont make you fat, neither does fat, you dont need an absurd amount of protein either. Just a calorie deficit, thats it.

Sounds good, but once I set the 500 calorie deficit should I still do some kind of a split between carbs, protein and fats? Like a 40-40-20 split?

Thanks for the reply too.

Edit: Kind of a stupid question right now.......but with a 500 calorie deficit, with sufficient protein, would I be able to possibly get in range of my somewhat probably reachable goals?

Gxp23
04-03-2015, 09:05 PM
Sounds good, but once I set the 500 calorie deficit should I still do some kind of a split between carbs, protein and fats? Like a 40-40-20 split?

Thanks for the reply too.

Nono ratios are old news and pretty useless, try reading this

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

If you are 16 though, I would first start by trying to control your portion sizes.

rhadam
04-03-2015, 09:07 PM
What is with the rash of recent posts talking about carb cycling leading to simultaneous muscle gain with fat loss. Did some moron post another article?

Gxp23
04-03-2015, 09:08 PM
What is with the rash of recent posts talking about carb cycling leading to simultaneous muscle gain with fat loss. Did some moron post another article?
The possibilities are...well...you already know.

MattM218
04-03-2015, 09:11 PM

Probably....
lol the article I found was probably from just about a year ago from now, I started posting things like this about it in december, then again they post a million articles saying one thing is good and the next article argues that that other thing isn't and all a bunch of other crap

BeauFlexington
04-03-2015, 09:21 PM
They read all the junk articles, by the dozen and twice on Sunday ... but not one single friggin' forum sticky. Ever.