PDA

View Full Version : shout out threads

noaddedhormones
04-01-2015, 08:56 PM
LOL

Whats the deal with all these shout out threads on this board these days? Is it to loop hole the rep rules on pimping products??

Gets old real fast, jus sayn'

Msistine
04-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Peanut Butter Cup u jelly?

noaddedhormones
04-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Peanut Butter Cup u jelly?

Not in the slightest.

fatboystick
04-01-2015, 09:12 PM
LOL

Whats the deal with all these shout out threads on this board these days? Is it to loop hole the rep rules on pimping products??

No loop holes, no shenanigans...simply just a way for someone to show their appreciation and say thanks.

noaddedhormones
04-01-2015, 09:16 PM
No loop holes, no shenanigans...simply just a way for someone to show their appreciation and say thanks.

Ok. Why the need to post a thread about then?

Team Punishment
04-01-2015, 09:21 PM
It's mandatory to post a pic of the free sh*t you got as a thank you. If you do not, chances are you wont get free sh*t again. It's a way for companies to advertise in the main supp section and it's annoying as fuk.

Congrats bro. Someone sent you a box of supplements and 90% of the contents are useless.

AMeyer9
04-01-2015, 09:35 PM
It's mandatory to post a pic of the free sh*t you got as a thank you. If you do not, chances are you wont get free sh*t again. It's a way for companies to advertise in the main supp section and it's annoying as fuk.

Congrats bro. Someone sent you a box of supplements and 90% of the contents are useless.

PM me your address and I'll send you a few tubs of BCAAs bro

Team Punishment
04-01-2015, 09:37 PM
PM me your address and I'll send you a few tubs of BCAAs bro

thank God. I'm running low. Can you spare a test booster too? I promise to post pics of whatever you send me and rate it 10/10

NEBinAK
04-01-2015, 09:39 PM
thank God. I'm running low. Can you spare a test booster too? I promise to post pics of whatever you send me and rate it 10/10

I can send you some blondie :D

AMeyer9
04-01-2015, 09:39 PM

Quit begging for supps kid. There's samples in PC's signature.

Team Punishment
04-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Quit begging for supps kid. There's samples in PC's signature.

How do I get sponsored?

noaddedhormones
04-01-2015, 09:41 PM

Selling your soul for some BCAA's and Glutamine...awesome.

eatyourspinach
04-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Where would this section be without all the jokes about package sizes and homosexual innuendo?

Team Punishment
04-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Selling your soul for some BCAA's and Glutamine...awesome.

Glutamine is directly linked to hypertrophy. When you lift weighs you tear the muscles. Glutamine is what repairs the muscles and makes them bigger.

AMeyer9
04-01-2015, 09:44 PM
How do I get sponsored?

Try sending a PM to Team Punishment. He's in talks with the CEO

compan
04-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Where would this section be without all the jokes about package sizes and homosexual innuendo?

A terrible place. That's where.

noaddedhormones
04-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Glutamine is directly linked to hypertrophy. When you lift weighs you tear the muscles. Glutamine is what repairs the muscles and makes them bigger.

I love science, thanks!

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Woke up to no free BCAA's and Glutamine PM's..what the shi+ :(

TMac26
04-02-2015, 02:48 PM
I've sent product out to people to try before, and I've never asked them to make a thread on here about it.

I do it as a kind gesture for them to try the product, anything they do past that is their own accord.

But I smell a burn't jelly sammich.

Rob1882
04-02-2015, 02:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tPICwSh.gif

Thx for the hookup bruh

ERGOGENIX
04-02-2015, 02:52 PM
I actually agree with the OP. and TP :eek:

It has gotten out of control and is nothing but a reacharound.

I think reps should be prohibited from creating those threads.

In b4 negs.

BlueRev
04-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Someone get TP off this mans chin ^^

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 03:02 PM
I've sent product out to people to try before, and I've never asked them to make a thread on here about it.

I do it as a kind gesture for them to try the product, anything they do past that is their own accord.

But I smell a burn't jelly sammich.

You first part of your post is legit, that is the way it should be. A company shouldn't need this petty pseudo marketing tactics to be successful, if a product is good a customer will buy.

Why on earth would I be jealous for? You think I use any of the supplements that are posted in those threads? come on man. Just thought I would make a thread about it cause lets be honest here, more people than just me are thinking the same thing.

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 03:04 PM

Thx for the hookup bruh

Well that takes rein as the best In gif ive ever seen. kudos.

mentalist72
04-02-2015, 03:06 PM

Yup. Me too.

Motiviert
Because country mike and some of the other supp companies shoe their appreciate to their customers by sending free goodies so we say thanks by giving them props. U mad BSN just hooked me up for cutting season?

BlueRev
You first part of your post is legit, that is the way it should be. A company shouldn't need this petty pseudo marketing tactics to be successful, if a product is good a customer will buy.
Why on earth would I be jealous for? You think I use any of the supplements that are posted in those threads? come on man. Just thought I would make a thread about it cause lets be honest here, more people than just me are thinking the same thing.
How does the customer know a product is good when the market is flooded with similar ones?

compan
04-02-2015, 03:09 PM
How does the customer know a product is good when the market is flooded with similar ones?

There isn't enough time for money to try everything on the market either. Companies are forced to rely A LOT on marketing to be successful.

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Because country mike and some of the other supp companies shoe their appreciate to their customers by sending free goodies so we say thanks by giving them props. U mad BSN just hooked me up for cutting season?

So mad, looking forward to your 10/10 BSN shout out threads.

Rob1882
04-02-2015, 03:13 PM

Would go higher if it's cinnamon bun syntha-6 :D

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 03:13 PM

Be that as it may, I am still yet to see one less than super positive shout out thread, even when the products are highly questionable on their ergogenic effects.

AfroPope
04-02-2015, 03:14 PM

At this point the whole forum's a circle-jerk.

compan
04-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Be that as it may, I am still yet to see one less than super positive shout out thread, even when the products are highly questionable on their ergogenic effects.

But do you think it's perhaps unrealistic for somebody to be gifted free items and then instead of being appreciative, publicly shaming the items? Not exclusive to supplements.

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 03:22 PM
But do you think it's perhaps unrealistic for somebody to be gifted free items and then instead of being appreciative, publicly shaming the items? Not exclusive to supplements.

I dunno, honesty and integrity should be higher on the agenda for people rather than shameless shout out threads IMO.

BULLED
04-02-2015, 03:38 PM
The funny thing is they call it generosity, when it's pure marketing... Lol @ jealousy, far from it, it's just annoying.

TMac26
04-02-2015, 03:44 PM
I've gotten plenty of stuff in the mail, and I've only made 1 thread about stuff i've gotten. It was a pretty big hook up, and rather unexpected, so I felt obliged to show some love.

My question is, why do some of you frequent this section if it irritates you so much, no one has a gun to your head making you click on "supplements"

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 03:57 PM
I've gotten plenty of stuff in the mail, and I've only made 1 thread about stuff i've gotten. It was a pretty big hook up, and rather unexpected, so I felt obliged to show some love.

My question is, why do some of you frequent this section if it irritates you so much, no one has a gun to your head making you click on "supplements"

Not sure if this is directed at me, but the fact is I don't visit these boards anywhere near as often these days. This place use to be ripe with awesome information and discussion on supplements. These days, you go against the grain with the pack and you get trampled all over.

And maybe you should appreciate a bit of opposing views rather than ask why they come. Why do you workout? why do you go fishing?

TMac26
04-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Not directed at you, you were asking a legit question. Some ITT, commonly like to complain about this section, and then post in it. And I'm no referring to TP, we all know TP loves rustling the jimbos. He's been doing that since before he was mod, as a mod, and then after being a mod.

I agree the opposing views, I think that people that are not a rep should be outspoken, and critical of products they either don't understand, or think is downright crap. It keeps things honest. My issues lie with people who just bust balls, without any reason, than strictly trolling.

We are all here to learn, esp in this section, its not the misc, and I like to think of it better than that.

BULLED
04-02-2015, 04:03 PM

http://crushmagazine.es/imagenes/banner-TOUR-PAGINA.jpg

AMeyer9
04-02-2015, 04:05 PM

ded

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 04:07 PM

Thanks for answering my few rhetorical questions at the end of my last post!

rhadam
04-02-2015, 04:09 PM
I've been buying off bb.com for years, and if Cmike wants to send me a thank you care package you can be damn sure i'm gonna show them a lot of love. But this is a bb.com forum.

I do think, however, that the huge flux of 10+ companies sending out goodies is not good for the section. I remember when people got stuff and didn't make threads, just said thank you, posted a review, and went on their way. Now at times half the forum is filled with nonsense. I love that companies show love to loyal supporters, that's awesome. But maybe there needs to be a better way to handle this?

This forum in general has been dumbed down to an all-time low. It's a circle jerk most of the time with very little information actually being shared. Rep rules and cry-baby companies have stifled a lot of scientific debate, and many posters with actual knowledge rarely if ever post here anymore. That is not good.

AMeyer9
04-02-2015, 04:13 PM
I've been buying off bb.com for years, and if Cmike wants to send me a thank you care package you can be damn sure i'm gonna show them a lot of love. But this is a bb.com forum.

I do think, however, that the huge flux of 10+ companies sending out goodies is not good for the section. I remember when people got stuff and didn't make threads, just said thank you, posted a review, and went on their way. Now at times half the forum is filled with nonsense. I love that companies show love to loyal supporters, that's awesome. But maybe there needs to be a better way to handle this?

This forum in general has been dumbed down to an all-time low. It's a circle jerk most of the time with very little information actually being shared. Rep rules and cry-baby companies have stifled a lot of scientific debate, and many posters with actual knowledge rarely if ever post here anymore. That is not good.

To be fair logging has drastically died down. A lot of hand out palm up now it seems. Most of the people who were good/willing loggers are now reps. Whom aren't allowed to log. I'm in no way condoning people posting a picture of a sample packet and a shaker in a shout out thread though.

AfroPope
04-02-2015, 04:14 PM
this would actually be really funny.

"Thanks for the garbage-ass package, Mike! This stuff is terrible!"

The funny thing is they call it generosity, when it's pure marketing... Lol @ jealousy, far from it, it's just annoying.
Yeah, like, it's cool and all that people are getting free stuff, and I certainly understand wanting to shout people out for their generosity, but the same six [totally arbitrary number] people jerking each other off over how much free stuff they always get is just clutter at this point IMO. I realize there are two factors that largely contribute to this:
1. For whatever reason, the world seems to be leaking into the supps section and nine out of ten threads are "WHAT'S THE BEST PREWORKOUT" and "DO I NEED CREATINE? I'M NINE YEARS OLD AND WANT TO GET RIPPED IN A WEEK" and that kind of stuff.
2. More than half of the regulars are company reps, who are forbidden from being critical of other companies' products, which in turn makes it kind of tough to actually suggest and discuss products honestly.

So like, what else is there to discuss, really? I get it. I'm not mad about the shout-outs, but I miss people actually talking about stuff instead of every thread just being people high-fiving each other over how much money they can spend on supplements and reps pimping their newest products or the newest products in the store. I would imagine that's much more the source of OP and TP's frustration.

Basically this. There's good info and cool people here - it's not a complete ****ing cesspool like Misc - but I reserve the right to rustle peoples' jimmies about anything that ruffles my johnnies.

To be fair logging has drastically died down. A lot of hand out palm up now it seems. Most of the people who were good/willing loggers are now reps. Whom aren't allowed to log. I'm in no way condoning people posting a picture of a sample packet and a shaker in a shout out thread though.

I'm going to start making shout out threads to basically everything in my house.

"Shout out to Ziploc, keeping my food fresh in the fridge"

*accompanying photo of a blender bottle in a ziploc bag*

TMac26
04-02-2015, 04:14 PM

Its quite a shame that reps can't log anymore. I can see the issues of why they can't, but it really is a shame that reps can't do a log of something they know they will enjoy and work.

Rob1882
04-02-2015, 04:16 PM
"Shout out to Ziploc, keeping my food fresh in the fridge"

*accompanying photo of a blender bottle in a ziploc bag*

hahaha do eet

AfroPope
04-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Its quite a shame that reps can't log anymore. I can see the issues of why they can't, but it really is a shame that reps can't do a log of something they know they will enjoy and work.

Agreed.

rhadam
04-02-2015, 04:18 PM

Hence why i mentioned the decline of this forum. Rep rules and whiney garbage companies have ruined things. If you want advice on how to take creatine or what protein powder to buy, you've come to the right place. If you want scientific breakdown of competing products... not going to happen. If you want a knowledgeable logger to give honest opinion on a supplement, not going to happen.

VO2Maxima
04-02-2015, 04:20 PM
I'm surprised at how few people apply for logging opportunities. 10 minutes of your day in exchange for a chance to try out a product for free, and also to get input on your training? The last log I did was 16 pages long and I got so much feedback about my training, and a ton of useful suggestions. Not to mention I got to try out a product that there's no way I would have bought on my own, and I ended up really liking.

Rob1882
04-02-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm surprised at how few people apply for logging opportunities. 10 minutes of your day in exchange for a chance to try out a product for free, and also to get input on your training? The last log I did was 16 pages long and I got so much feedback about my training, and a ton of useful suggestions. Not to mention I got to try out a product that there's no way I would have bought on my own, and I ended up really liking.

Getting someone to post 10-12 updates is impossibly hard :\

TMac26
04-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Most people that apply for logs are just looking for free product.

There are people who fraud about said log and then offer said product for trade on other boards.

Rob1882
04-02-2015, 04:23 PM

There are people who fraud about said log and then offer said product for trade on other boards.

See people all the time applying to 20-30 promo's commits to log from 8-9 of them and review for 10 others posts updates copy paste into several of the logs at a time :(

Has sketchy updates have to wonder if they even opened the product at all

Like damn this cherry ( grape flavored ) pre workout ( non stim ) is providing explosive energy!!!!

Team Punishment
04-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Not directed at you, you were asking a legit question. Some ITT, commonly like to complain about this section, and then post in it. And I'm no referring to TP, we all know TP loves rustling the jimbos. He's been doing that since before he was mod, as a mod, and then after being a mod.

I agree the opposing views, I think that people that are not a rep should be outspoken, and critical of products they either don't understand, or think is downright crap. It keeps things honest. My issues lie with people who just bust balls, without any reason, than strictly trolling.

We are all here to learn, esp in this section, its not the misc, and I like to think of it better than that.

What the? I would never.

anonymous
04-02-2015, 04:26 PM

How do you propose that come back? With the litigious BS I, and pretty much anyone who would talk negatively/accurately would have to deal with, I don't see any way.

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 04:28 PM

My guess would be there has been a shift to other boards for logging...

rhadam
04-02-2015, 04:29 PM
How do you propose that come back? With the litigious BS I, and pretty much anyone who would talk negatively/accurately would have to deal with, I don't see any way.

There isn't a way. It's sad, but true.

If the golden rule for reps is to not talk in a negative way about a competing company, there's no way for them to log or review products.

ERGOGENIX
04-02-2015, 04:30 PM

Strong 8,000th post

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 04:31 PM

How about a free market based system (bar obviously talking about prohibited substances)? all these nitty gritty rules these days is causing significant restrictions/ lack of opportunity.

anonymous
04-02-2015, 04:33 PM
How about a free market based system (bar obviously talking about prohibited substances)? all these nitty gritty rules these days is causing significant restrictions/ lack of opportunity.

Which rules in particular? A LOT has happened because companies can't keep from suing each other/board members or getting worked up over any perceived slight.

rhadam
04-02-2015, 04:34 PM

bruh you haven't been here and seen the chit that has gone down in the past. I'm not even gonna name companies lol.

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Which rules in particular? A LOT has happened because companies can't keep from suing each other/board members or getting worked up over any perceived slight.

Thinking about it more it is incredibly difficult to not open Pandora's box by allowing company reps to critique other products, but possibly building in a disclaimer that companies must adhere to and prevent the ability of one company to sue another for anything posted.

I dunno lol, just IMO of course something needs to be done to bring back some life and discussion to this section. I actually credit bb.com forums to have a big impact of getting myself to where I am today. It would be incredibly sad if others don't receive the same opportunity in the future

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 04:39 PM
bruh you haven't been here and seen the chit that has gone down in the past. I'm not even gonna name companies lol.

I have been around these boards for quite a while before making my account in 2011. I have seen a lot of beef go down.

AfroPope
04-02-2015, 04:40 PM

*sits up in chair, turns around attentively*

AMeyer9
04-02-2015, 04:45 PM

You guys could always move the Company promo section to the main page to bring in fresh faces. Make the blacklist more prevalent to keep them from flaking. Make reps sign an agreement not to get butthurt. Idk.

iamjeffrey
04-02-2015, 04:45 PM
but when's it gonna be my turn!?!?!?!

^ every shout out thread.

anonymous
04-02-2015, 04:48 PM
You guys could always move the Company promo section to the main page to bring in fresh faces. Make the blacklist more prevalent to keep them from flaking. Make reps sign an agreement not to get butthurt. Idk.

The blacklist is as prevalent as it is used, it's all up to rep nominations. It's not the reps getting upset, they are just posting on behalf of the company and they don't enjoy seeing the negative feedback. I dunno, I put a lot of work into trying to improve things about a year ago and not sure it did much.

AfroPope
04-02-2015, 04:50 PM
but when's it gonna be my turn!?!?!?!

^ every shout out thread.

I am guilty of this.

TMac26
04-02-2015, 05:10 PM

Oh don't get me wrong, I completely see why they cannot do it. Just a shame that it turned out that way.

And to be clear, if someone doesn't enjoy something from our company, it happens. You can't please everyone.

powercage
04-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Quit begging for supps kid. There's samples in PC's signature.Free me in sig

anonymous
04-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I completely see why they cannot do it. Just a shame that it turned out that way.

And to be clear, if someone doesn't enjoy something from our company, it happens. You can't please everyone.

It's just frustrating to me because if it's not effective, I take that personally since it's my task to oversee it. I know you can't be all things to everyone, but there has to be a better way to allow plenty of promotion for companies, opportunities to ask questions and get legit answers and have honest feedback while not drawing someone's ire or getting involved in court drama.

ERGOGENIX
04-02-2015, 05:17 PM
I blame CountryMike

powercage
04-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Which rules in particular? A LOT has happened because companies can't keep from suing each other/board members or getting worked up over any perceived slight.Unfortunately, this is the main problem

AfroPope
It's just frustrating to me because if it's not effective, I take that personally since it's my task to oversee it. I know you can't be all things to everyone, but there has to be a better way to allow plenty of promotion for companies, opportunities to ask questions and get legit answers and have honest feedback while not drawing someone's ire or getting involved in court drama.

Yeah, I feel like there's gotta be a happy medium between a free-for-all (which I would find entertaining but realize has lots of legal ramifications and is therefore impossible) and the rules that are in place now. I just don't know where that medium is and where those lines are, nor am I sure how much more work that puts on the moderators.

TheFugitive

What about the hair gel I sent

IlliniTrack800m
04-02-2015, 05:26 PM
I blame CountryMike

I literally lol'd

bmt93x
04-02-2015, 06:05 PM
The blacklist is as prevalent as it is used, it's all up to rep nominations. It's not the reps getting upset, they are just posting on behalf of the company and they don't enjoy seeing the negative feedback. I dunno, I put a lot of work into trying to improve things about a year ago and not sure it did much.
Make a subsection called "Shoutouts for the free ****."

leithdj
04-02-2015, 06:05 PM

Very true... I like to read the logs to get info on products that i am interested in. I have only done it 3 or 4 times, and each time is a learning experience.... but my last log, I actually got excited and went ahead and ordered an additional 2 bottles of product and promised to log those too. A week later I was notified that the rep program was discontinued and I was no longer obligated to continue. So I basically got it for nothing, but I continued for an extra month on my own. Got 25k views but with the reps gone, there was not really alot of convo to keep it interesting.

I guess my point is that not everyone is just looking for a free handout!!!

mentalist72
04-02-2015, 06:33 PM

As a rep, I'd love to be able to continue to log products or make reviews. There are a bunch of products that I recently purchased that I'd love to leave positive reviews for. Unfortunately, by letting reps review products, you are going to get a shady few who will go and leave a bunch of 1s on competing products.

Would allowing reps to leave verified reviews in the store work? At least that way it would prevent people from leaving false negative reviews. You could also include the stipulation that reps can't leave reviews for their own products.

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 06:51 PM
As a rep, I'd love to be able to continue to log products or make reviews. There are a bunch of products that I recently purchased that I'd love to leave positive reviews for. Unfortunately, by letting reps review products, you are going to get a shady few who will go and leave a bunch of 1s on competing products.

Would allowing reps to leave verified reviews in the store work? At least that way it would prevent people from leaving false negative reviews. You could also include the stipulation that reps can't leave reviews for their own products.

The thing is, anyone with half a brain can see a rep shill review from a mile away, why not be reactive and just enforce server penalties for them when they occur?

Easy done.

mentalist72
04-02-2015, 06:58 PM
The thing is, anyone with half a brain can see a rep shill review from a mile away, why not be reactive and just enforce server penalties for them when they occur?

Easy done.

But a general consumer who doesn't visit the forums wouldn't know if someone is a company rep or not. I could easily write a convincing negative review, and give the product a 3/10 and no one would be any the wiser.

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 07:15 PM
But a general consumer who doesn't visit the forums wouldn't know if someone is a company rep or not. I could easily write a convincing negative review, and give the product a 3/10 and no one would be any the wiser.

Thats why i said reactive. A mod can ban and delete BS threads. Kind of like a new user who makes a thread about a prohibited substance, he isn't banned from making a account he is banned as a result of the thread.

mentalist72
04-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Thats why i said reactive. A mod can ban and delete BS threads. Kind of like a new user who makes a thread about a prohibited substance, he isn't banned from making a account he is banned as a result of the thread.

But who determines if a negative review is legit or not?

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 07:23 PM
But who determines if a negative review is legit or not?

Just like in economics, the market usually prices things pretty accurately. Same thing goes here.

RVAPump
04-02-2015, 07:57 PM

Thx for the hookup bruh

gif is getting old too, not as old as duck fat posts, but old

but to OP's point, shout out threads are incredibly annoying...give them their own section or ban them

Synapsin
04-02-2015, 08:10 PM
i blame minorities

Rob1882
04-02-2015, 08:11 PM

Thanks for the shout out bro

HeavenBeyond
04-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Inb4 Mike

Msistine
04-02-2015, 08:33 PM

If you can't post a decent review, you don't deserve anything free. Period.

Shame of it all is that reps who actually care about the industry and know more about competing products, have experience with running products, aren't running 5 products at a time because they're promo whores, can't leave accurate feedback.

thedarce
04-02-2015, 08:34 PM
i blame minoritiesdamn canadians!

It's just frustrating to me because if it's not effective, I take that personally since it's my task to oversee it. I know you can't be all things to everyone, but there has to be a better way to allow plenty of promotion for companies, opportunities to ask questions and get legit answers and have honest feedback while not drawing someone's ire or getting involved in court drama.why not create a new sub forum, rep reviews, where they need to name if it was free product or paid, and create some code where a pop up comes up stating its a rep reviewing a product, and the review can be taken at face value or with a grain of salt. and make it so you have to be approved before starting a thread. there are obvious cases in the past [BTLs reviews of competitor proteins anyone?] that stand out and could easily be handled at the start and mods would be the first ones on the scene.

phatmarky
04-02-2015, 09:01 PM
If you can't post a decent review, you don't deserve anything free. Period.

This. They need to be thrown on the blacklist and/or banned. There are plenty of garbage reviews made by the same promo winners that 10/10 every aspect and give absolutely no information the supplement company wouldn't have already marketed. It's clear these users are simply looking for free product.

Msistine
04-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Bear with me as I just got back from long night/spring training, but it seems to me like there's a simple solution - the whole separate "hook-ups" forum may not be feasible, but why not simply have everyone agree to post any hook-ups in the review section (and have mods move any threads there).

These hook ups are usually defacto reviews, so no negative impact on that section - and it would allow people to post without clogging up discussion about supplements. Great place to give a thank you, still huge awareness of a nice hook-up, brand promotion - but no backlash.

Half the reviews there are already POS posts like "I AM THE COMPUTER and reviewing this product I thought it was good 10/10." Rep thank you posts would make that forum more relevant.

Seems like a positive move.

Big.Jazayrli
04-02-2015, 09:25 PM
I don't think bodybuilding.com needs to hook anyone up to generate business in the main supp section, lol.

RunningTall
04-02-2015, 09:28 PM
damn canadians!

Thanks for the shoutout.

Strong everything ITT. Would read again/10.

AfroPope
04-02-2015, 09:29 PM

but to OP's point, shout out threads are incredibly annoying...give them their own section or ban them
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to RVAPump again.

Bear with me as I just got back from long night/spring training, but it seems to me like there's a simple solution - the whole separate "hook-ups" forum may not be feasible, but why not simply have everyone agree to post any hook-ups in the review section (and have mods move any threads there).

These hook ups are usually defacto reviews, so no negative impact on that section - and it would allow people to post without clogging up discussion about supplements. Great place to give a thank you, still huge awareness of a nice hook-up, brand promotion - but no backlash.

Half the reviews there are already POS posts like "I AM THE COMPUTER and reviewing this product I thought it was good 10/10." Rep thank you posts would make that forum more relevant.

Seems like a positive move.
Yeah, I think that only solves one problem, which is the generally declining quality of discourse in the forum since now EVERYBODY is a rep and NOBODY can talk about stuff.

noaddedhormones
04-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Well i think this thread has reached the most substance of 2015. Gj everyone.

shoefanatic23
04-02-2015, 09:35 PM
This. They need to be thrown on the blacklist and/or banned. There are plenty of garbage reviews made by the same promo winners that 10/10 every aspect and give absolutely no information the supplement company wouldn't have already marketed. It's clear these users are simply looking for free product.

It's clear who some of these individuals are. Instead of banning or blacklisting, perhaps the companies that are offering the promo's could include the disclaimer, "Must not have won any promotions within the past month," or something of that nature.

AfroPope
04-03-2015, 08:37 AM
It's clear who some of these individuals are. Instead of banning or blacklisting, perhaps the companies that are offering the promo's could include the disclaimer, "Must not have won any promotions within the past month," or something of that nature.

Don't most of them already have this disclaimer?

shoefanatic23
04-03-2015, 08:45 AM

Majority do, however perhaps just make that statement to include all companies. Perhaps say something like "Must not have won any promotions from any companies within the past month." There could be pros and cons to this as with anything. It would fish out those who just hop from promo to promo, but would really hurt those actually put out solid reviews.

NEBinAK
04-03-2015, 08:49 AM
So are you guys saying

shoutout threads where free product was given

Or

Shoutout threads where product was purchased

Because both exist though the latter isn't as common

Seriously though not sure why it pisses y'all off so much if you don't want to see it don't click on it, there's 64,000,000 how do I creatine threads, those are annoying but it's not that big of a deal.

I certainly don't think its an issue that needs action taken, now if 1/2 the threads are shoutout threads that could get annoying but it's not even 1 in 10.

Not too mention most are bb.com giving away products so why would they stop, it's their site. I've seen quite a few new members get hooked up as well as veteran members.

Y'all just need something to whine about.

compan
04-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I think that only solves one problem, which is the generally declining quality of discourse in the forum since now EVERYBODY is a rep and NOBODY can talk about stuff.

There are plenty of reps in here that knowledgeably talk about stuff. Just because they aren't saying anything bad all the time doesn't mean it's not being talked about. Especially because a lot of scientific discussion revolves around an ingredient which, with few exceptions, are not limited to another company's brand or product. I've read criticism from reps numerous times recently over ingredients, which is what we want right? I think there's so much stroking going on, people are just hungry for the opposite. You can find it, but it's not going to be like Hey _______ , your product ___________ blows and doesn't work. I wouldn't want to read that criticism anyways. Not because it may be the truth but because it comes across sensational and pointless to read.

So are you guys saying

shoutout threads where free product was given

Or

Shoutout threads where product was purchased

Because both exist though the latter isn't as common

Seriously though not sure why it pisses y'all off so much if you don't want to see it don't click on it, there's 64,000,000 how do I creatine threads, those are annoying but it's not that big of a deal.

I certainly don't think its an issue that needs action taken, now if 1/2 the threads are shoutout threads that could get annoying but it's not even 1 in 10.

Not too mention most are bb.com giving away products so why would they stop, it's their site. I've seen quite a few new members get hooked up as well as veteran members.

Y'all just need something to whine about.

I'd rather have more shout out threads if we can have less threads that can be solved by reading a sticky that is seen at the top of the page.

jwtiger69
04-03-2015, 09:15 AM

Majority do, however perhaps just make that statement to include all companies. Perhaps say something like "Must not have won any promotions from any companies within the past month." There could be pros and cons to this as with anything. It would fish out those who just hop from promo to promo, but would really hurt those actually put out solid reviews.

Almost everyone I look talks about that. I just had a guy apply to one of ours. We looked at his post history and the last two months he has only posted in giveaways/promo threads (only has 80+ post to begin with). In the end I received the greatest neg I have had yet because we didn't let him log for us.

In regards to the main topic. I see nothing wrong with shout-outs or review, as long as they are in the subforum for that(i.e. "product reviews").

LoudyRowdy
04-03-2015, 09:17 AM

Some of the best loggers and reviewers were those who are/were reps...very detailed and etc.

Ofc from what I can recall, it took one bad apple that ruined it for everyone else.

However, I think reps who are verified buyers should be allowed to post an in-store review at least... but if not, then I understand

anonymous
04-03-2015, 09:21 AM
So the consensus seems to be moving the shout outs into the promotion section, regardless of the OP's affiliation or how they obtained said items?

Msistine
04-03-2015, 09:59 AM

That's the only problem you can solve - zero chance of the second with BB's liability concerns. Reps can at least talk about raw ingredients and list products they recommend - easy to gauge efficacy and brand value.

So the consensus seems to be moving the shout outs into the promotion section, regardless of the OP's affiliation or how they obtained said items?

How about the review section - subsequent natural posts about "I also like this product," "if you like that try x flavor of this product," etc. seem naturally suited there.

Promo section might turn every thank you thread into 20 pages of hookup begging.

hellstorm2004
04-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Without a thread, how else would you show your appreciation, if you have an issue with it, don't read it! Simple. There are plenty of other threads, for you to contribute in. Its not like the reps are next door neighbors where you knock on the door and say thanks!

RVAPump
04-03-2015, 10:04 AM

I think the promo section gets clogged with stuff too whereas the review section is one I never even look at, and like someone else said, shout out threads are defacto reviews anyway...nobody posts a shout out thread and says "hey thanks for the free stuff" and leaves it at that

ERGOGENIX
04-03-2015, 10:05 AM

If the person that received the goodies is a rep, absolutely.

dazedncnfz
04-03-2015, 10:09 AM
If the person that received the goodies is a rep, absolutely.

Reps to promo section and all others to review section?

ajvitan
04-03-2015, 10:12 AM
There isn't a way. It's sad, but true.

If the golden rule for reps is to not talk in a negative way about a competing company, there's no way for them to log or review products.

Possibility of having a subforum where reps can review products they "purchased" instead of items they received for free? This can give the reps a chance to review some stuff. Maybe they could post a receipt with vendor name x'd out (if not bought on bb.com) as proof they didn't get it for free.
On my forums I don't let any company bashing go on but ask reviewers to state that XXX product didn't work out for them if the review isn't positive or they didn't care for the taste of xxx product. Though I let reps and regular customers log/review any product.

dailob
04-03-2015, 10:14 AM

As a nonrep, there are very few products i want to log - and those that i do want, i already did and/or have done in the past where i was pretty new at the logging thing.

But mostly, people just want free products and the idea of logging it, turns people away.

I dunno lol, just IMO of course something needs to be done to bring back some life and discussion to this section. I actually credit bb.com forums to have a big impact of getting myself to where I am today. It would be incredibly sad if others don't receive the same opportunity in the future

i have to agree - if one follows my log or just random photos being thrown around, you can see that a transformation took place, albeit some learning curve on what supplements actually works, what may be questionable and what was just pure misinformation... i appreciated this section more than the "Nutrition" section

when i first started logging, i wanted to make the gold list... got nominated but it's not updated anymore - so i just have it in my signature for reference with logs (even unofficial sponsored ones) and reviews

Almost everyone I look talks about that. I just had a guy apply to one of ours. We looked at his post history and the last two months he has only posted in giveaways/promo threads (only has 80+ post to begin with). In the end I received the greatest neg I have had yet because we didn't let him log for us.

there is/was a guy that copies and pastes the same thing every day - like "hump day bump" or "thursday bump" or better yet, "dont worry guys, your winner is here" LOL

unrelated or maybe related but before the end of business day, i'll have my Animal Whey review up shortly that i won through an Instragram Promo lol

NEBinAK
04-03-2015, 10:24 AM

Product review would be better or product review subsection but I don't see a problem with keeping them where they are

Also I like the idea of a subsection where reps can do reviews threads only no store reviews so that should fix the jaded rep leaving bad reviews to drop ratings

Valhallabound86
04-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Also I like the idea of a subsection where reps can do reviews threads only no store reviews so that should fix the jaded rep leaving bad reviews to drop ratings

Slippery slope though.

Maybe we should just make it so companies can't be idiots/babies and sue each other for stupid ****.

hellstorm2004
04-03-2015, 10:33 AM
Just make alternate accounts on BB!

BULLED
04-03-2015, 10:42 AM
Without a thread, how else would you show your appreciation

Private message :confused: No, wait, you should shout it from the rooftops...

It seems some have hard time understanding that it's not about open-handedness and good people (I'm not saying they are not), but at the end of the day it's just business and marketing practices.

So I think the Promo Section would be the right place, since these "gifts" are nothing but a form of promotion and advertising.

COUNTRYMIKE
04-03-2015, 11:14 AM
LOL

They're supplements and this is the SUPPLEMENT section, best advice is just don't open the thread, I never read something that I don't like or that annoys me.

NEBinAK
04-03-2015, 11:16 AM
They're supplements and this is the SUPPLEMENT section, best advice is just don't open the thread, I never read something that I don't like or that annoys me.

Exactly, not sure why it's such a big deal, maybe people feel left out, you better send them a package cm :D

COUNTRYMIKE
04-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Exactly, not sure why it's such a big deal, maybe people feel left out, you better send them a package cm :DNo doubt! I'm gonna hook that boy UP!!!

dazedncnfz
04-03-2015, 11:24 AM
No doubt! I'm gonna hook that boy UP!!!

But will he still respect you in the morning if you do?

mentalist72
04-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Some of the best loggers and reviewers were those who are/were reps...very detailed and etc.

Ofc from what I can recall, it took one bad apple that ruined it for everyone else.

However, I think reps who are verified buyers should be allowed to post an in-store review at least... but if not, then I understand

This is exactly what I was saying. No one is going to buy a product just be able to bash it in the review section.

Back from the grave I see.

BULLED
04-03-2015, 11:29 AM

Speak of the Devil, and he appears... :D

NEBinAK
04-03-2015, 11:33 AM
No doubt! I'm gonna hook that boy UP!!!

Inb4 no shoutout

RunningTall
04-03-2015, 11:34 AM
You've awoken the dragon

http://melbourneer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/tzOIFHB.gif

dazedncnfz
04-03-2015, 11:38 AM
This is exactly what I was saying. No one is going to buy a product just be able to bash it in the review section..

I actually think some would. Whats ~$30 out of your pocket to trash another companys product and get possibly more sales of your similar product?

It's risky even for a verified buyer.

ajvitan
04-03-2015, 11:47 AM
I actually think some would. Whats ~$30 out of your pocket to trash another companys product and get possibly more sales of your similar product?

It's risky even for a verified buyer.

I do too. If I spent money on a product that fell short on it's claim I'd review it saying the product didn't produce to my expectations. There is a classy way of doing it and then there is the "bashing" way of doing it.

faipdeooiad
04-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Jelly no-one's ever done me a shout out thread crew.

I just want to thank people for the love (read: for accepting free items)

Rushie
04-03-2015, 11:50 AM
LOL

It does get old but unfortunately vast majority of this forum is nowdays just people/reps willing to prostitute themselves for some free stuff. Doesn't help that BB.com's own reps actively participate in this madness.

I'm with you all the way but there's really nothing you can do but ignore it and finally give up and find some other forum where people actually discuss supplements and not just review them under cover while bro-patting themselves on the back.

Rob1882
04-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Jelly no-one's ever done me a shout out thread crew.

I just want to thank people for the love (read: for accepting free items)

Woah woah lies!!

You sent me some gonutrition epic Jammie Biscuit aka Jammie Dodger's proton powder and I tossed you a love letter in my thread :D

</3

hellstorm2004
04-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Private message :confused: No, wait, you should shout it from the rooftops...

Well... i guess people prefer the noise!!

faipdeooiad
04-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Woah woah lies!!

You sent me some gonutrition epic Jammie Biscuit aka Jammie Dodger's proton powder and I tossed you a love letter in my thread :D

</3

My terrible memory has been rumbled.

It's a bank holiday, I'm not well and I'm watching adventure time for the first time and I don't know what's happening. What age group is this aimed at?

http://i.imgur.com/s2IxarF.png

OT2000
04-03-2015, 11:55 AM

Yup! You don't like, don't read it. I don't see what the dam deal is. This is just an online forum, not that important at the end of the day.

hellstorm2004
04-03-2015, 11:56 AM
My terrible memory has been rumbled.

It's a bank holiday, I'm not well and I'm watching adventure time for the first time and I don't know what's happening. What age group is this aimed at?

http://i.imgur.com/s2IxarF.png

That one?? Its woeful! Probably ages below 5!

faipdeooiad
04-03-2015, 11:58 AM
That one?? Its woeful! Probably ages below 5!

But there's so many lines in here that would go over a bairn's head though?

hellstorm2004
04-03-2015, 12:03 PM
But there's so many lines in here that would go over a bairn's head though?

:D

They would probably just enjoy the moving images. I tried watching a few episodes, but my god its terrible.

I am more of a traditional cartoon fan! Old stuff, Flintstones, Top Cat, Johnny Bravo. Modern day cartoon network episodes are rubbish.

BTW: You going to the game tomorrow??

Bigdumogre
04-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Was about to post my mts shoutout thread.

It's not a game!!!!!!!

ajvitan
04-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Was about to post my mts shoutout thread.

It's not a game!!!!!!!

It's a dog eat dog game.

Bigdumogre
04-03-2015, 12:33 PM
It's a dog eat dog game.

It's a barking game

faipdeooiad
04-03-2015, 12:34 PM

They would probably just enjoy the moving images. I tried watching a few episodes, but my god its terrible.

I am more of a traditional cartoon fan! Old stuff, Flintstones, Top Cat, Johnny Bravo. Modern day cartoon network episodes are rubbish.

BTW: You going to the game tomorrow??

switched it off now for Tucker & Dale Vs Evil

Yea, season ticket holder for the last 6 years. go to every home game and as many away games as possible.

got a couple of flags that come with me to games too
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3W2-EUIQAEAz2n.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1bPVW_IYAAQlO4.jpg

hellstorm2004
04-03-2015, 12:43 PM
The Pool one is nice!!! :)

Tough matches begin next week. Hoping we would Villa easy. But in this league, cant really say!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4d/7b/08/4d7b0838b8e3546d9704d3b6758ed4e3.jpg

faipdeooiad
04-03-2015, 12:45 PM
The Pool one is nice!!! :)

Tough matches begin next week. Hoping we would Villa easy. But in this league, cant really say!

i think we'll be fine, should be villa tomorrow then if we play like we have been doing, we'll turn city over next weekend

AfroPope
04-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Well i think this thread has reached the most substance of 2015. Gj everyone.

You jinxed it.

Bigdumogre
Srs thing to add

If I recall must people he hooks up does not even make a shoutout thread. Most just pm him thank you. Plus they are not expected to be made.

hellstorm2004
i think we'll be fine, should be villa tomorrow then if we play like we have been doing, we'll turn city over next weekend

Ahhh City, dying for a win against them in the league.. Its been a while! The way we played last two weeks, yes we should.

faipdeooiad
04-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Ahhh City, dying for a win against them in the league.. Its been a while! The way we played last two weeks, yes we should.

we owe them a good hiding

JohnTheHonest
04-03-2015, 01:04 PM
I can send you some blondie :D

Measures, age ?

hellstorm2004
04-03-2015, 01:12 PM
we owe them a good hiding

:d :d

Synapsin
04-03-2015, 01:13 PM
switched it off now for Tucker & Dale Vs Evil

Yea, season ticket holder for the last 6 years. go to every home game and as many away games as possible.

got a couple of flags that come with me to games too
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3W2-EUIQAEAz2n.jpg[/mg]
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1bPVW_IYAAQlO4.jpg[img]

i was so pleased when we beat the scouse

xcolemanx
04-03-2015, 01:20 PM
TFW this thread is perfect and I would rep but I have repped everyone who was funny already

faipdeooiad
04-03-2015, 01:20 PM
i was so pleased when we beat the scouse

i was there for that game and missed Slippy G's sending off because i was having a beer on the concourse (for those that don't know, you can't drink alcohol in view of a football pitch in the UK (obviously whilst a professional match is on))

RunningTall
04-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Srs thing to add

If I recall most people he hooks up does not even make a shoutout thread Most just pm him thank you. Plus they are not expected to be made.

?

I see a new thread every other day.

NEBinAK
04-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Measures, age ?

Eu brah..

It was a stab at tp cause he didn't like blondie.

Rob1882
04-03-2015, 01:25 PM
?

I see a new thread every other day.

It's prob truth tho

Have sent out many dozens of packages out of my own stash, only ever seen couple people even mention anything on the forum it self. So for every 1-2 shoutouts prob dozens with no mention have even had people not even say thank you in a private message as a response or tell me what they thought of anything luck of the draw.

I do not ask for one keep in mind and neither does countrymike but just an observation

JohnTheHonest
04-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Eu brah..

It was a stab at tp cause he didn't like blondie.

I got it, but you might not. I asked about measures and age of that blonde chick you want send :D

hellstorm2004
04-03-2015, 01:29 PM
i was there for that game and missed Slippy G's sending off because i was having a beer on the concourse (for those that don't know, you can't drink alcohol in view of a football pitch in the UK (obviously whilst a professional match is on))

Bredy Poop, one hit wonder just like A-ha!

RunningTall
04-03-2015, 01:30 PM
It's prob truth tho

Have sent out many dozens of packages out of my own stash, only ever seen couple people even mention anything on the forum it self. So for every 1-2 shoutouts prob dozens with no mention have even had people not even say thank you in a private message as a response or tell me what they thought of anything luck of the draw.

I do not ask for one keep in mind and neither does countrymike but just an observation

Ah I was referring just to the BB Platinum/Kaged shoutouts. I wasn't even aware of your giveaways, very generous of you.

Rob1882
04-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Ah I was referring just to the BB Platinum/Kaged shoutouts. I wasn't even aware of your giveaways, very generous of you.

I would imagine they send out a ton, a whole lot more than gets shown is all.

RunningTall
04-03-2015, 01:38 PM
I would imagine they send out a ton, a whole lot more than gets shown is all.

If that's true it's impressive. Those packages are worth like $200 each.

NEBinAK
04-03-2015, 01:39 PM
I got it, but you might not. I asked about measures and age of that blonde chick you want send :D

Lol, sorry too well crafted went right over my head, I guess I'm dense. :D

Synapsin
04-03-2015, 01:41 PM

when i was watching it on tv, i couldn't believe how quickly slippy G got sent off, what a nutter

compan
04-03-2015, 01:41 PM

The BB packages are one thing that makes this place special and better than any other supplement forum. We are all customers here and get a lot out of a lot of these sections. All the shout outs from CM sending out packages reminds me of how great of a place this is and how great of a company BB.com is to do it. We already get a lot from this place and on top of it people are getting $100 packages showing up at their door.

DASBUNKER
04-03-2015, 02:07 PM
In on shout compilation thread, link your SO threads here.

RVAPump
04-03-2015, 02:21 PM
it's a self-perpetuating issue...the more shout out threads, the more packages get sent out...wonder why the same people get hooked up all the time? the more nuthugging you do in your about out the more care packages you'll get, it's not rocket science

companies love it, and why wouldn't they? guaranteed positive reviews on page one of the supplement forum...why do you think MRM reps "accidentally" ALWAYS post their promo threads in the main forum and then act surprised when it gets moved? those guys should catch bans...people on this forum have amnesia half the time...it's like Groundhog Day every day

faipdeooiad
04-03-2015, 02:25 PM
it's a self-perpetuating issue...the more shout out threads, the more packages get sent out...wonder why the same people get hooked up all the time? the more nuthugging you do in your about out the more care packages you'll get, it's not rocket science

companies love it, and why wouldn't they? guaranteed positive reviews on page one of the supplement forum...why do you think MRM reps "accidentally" ALWAYS post their promo threads in the main forum and then act surprised when it gets moved? those guys should catch bans...people on this forum have amnesia half the time...it's like Groundhog Day every day

how long until the terms of giveaways look like this?

Must be 18+
Must be US/Canadian citizen
Must be in green
Must post shoutout thread

DASBUNKER
04-03-2015, 02:29 PM
SO threads or not, the current state of the forum is just a shadow of its former self anyway. :( It used to be a cool place but you people ruined it.. :p

Geoforce
04-03-2015, 02:38 PM
While we are getting stuff out in the open the fake I'm mad at a company subject stuff has been driving me up the wall.

For example (I'll use my own company to protect the guilty):

Subject-

"What the hell is Evomuse doing with MyoPeptide?!"

Thread- What the hell this stuff is totally amazing best tasting supplement of all time! (BTW it's good, but not best tasting supplement of all time ;))

Honestly that was funny maybe one time now all the fake outrage subject threads are really old. I'm totally mad at "SNS, PES, MuscleTech, whoever.... JUST KIDDING CIRCLE JERK!"

Negs and all, but damn that drives me nuts lately. No offense to guilty parties in the past and maybe I'm the only one who thinks that ship has ran its course :)

/get a life I know.

Shout out threads are ok as long as they aren't the majority of posts. Maybe a shout out section needs to be made as others have said.

noaddedhormones
04-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Inb4 no shoutout

Feel free to ship the glutamine and BCAA's Fedex overnight express, i need a new door stop at my house.

Disclaimer: i won't make a shoutout thread but next time im in the USA and randomly see you, be sure that i'll fist bump ya to show my appreciation.

:)

NEBinAK
04-03-2015, 03:11 PM
While we are getting stuff out in the open the fake I'm mad at a company subject stuff has been driving me up the wall.

For example (I'll use my own company to protect the guilty):

Subject-

"What the hell is Evomuse doing with MyoPeptide?!"

Thread- What the hell this stuff is totally amazing best tasting supplement of all time! (BTW it's good, but not best tasting supplement of all time ;))

Honestly that was funny maybe one time now all the fake outrage subject threads are really old. I'm totally mad at "SNS, PES, MuscleTech, whoever.... JUST KIDDING CIRCLE JERK!"

Negs and all, but damn that drives me nuts lately. No offense to guilty parties in the past and maybe I'm the only one who thinks that ship has ran its course :)

/get a life I know.

Shout out threads are ok as long as they aren't the majority of posts. Maybe a shout out section needs to be made as others have said.

Shill/10 :D

Feel free to ship the glutamine and BCAA's Fedex overnight express, i need a new door stop at my house.

Disclaimer: i won't make a shoutout thread but next time im in the USA and randomly see you, be sure that i'll fist bump ya to show my appreciation.

:)

In for fist bump ;)

eatyourspinach
04-03-2015, 03:29 PM
SO threads or not, the current state of the forum is just a shadow of its former self anyway. :( It used to be a cool place but you people ruined it.. :p

http://38.media.tumblr.com/a8ae117ee64df1bfae3267d6ecbff8cc/tumblr_nfevy7OLSM1qz8x31o1_500.gif

noaddedhormones
04-03-2015, 04:32 PM
It does get old but unfortunately vast majority of this forum is nowdays just people/reps willing to prostitute themselves for some free stuff. Doesn't help that BB.com's own reps actively participate in this madness.

I'm with you all the way but there's really nothing you can do but ignore it and finally give up and find some other forum where people actually discuss supplements and not just review them under cover while bro-patting themselves on the back.

That's kind of what I have been reiterating, sure you could ignore it, not come by here anymore...but this place was awesome and things should be done to make it an awesome and informative place again.

anonymous
04-03-2015, 04:33 PM
That's kind of what I have been reiterating, sure you could ignore it, not come by here anymore...but this place was awesome and things should be done to make it an awesome and informative place again.

I'm all ears chief.

noaddedhormones
04-03-2015, 04:38 PM
I'm all ears chief.

Just putting it out there, unbanning knowledgeable people and spurring scientific discussion would be an awesome start!

powercage
04-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Just putting it out there, unbanning knowledgeable people and spurring scientific discussion would be an awesome start!Wont change a thing, those people wont come back

TheGilmore
04-03-2015, 04:41 PM
I wonder if merging in the supp science section would help the quality of content in the main section.

anonymous
04-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Wont change a thing, those people wont come back

Most of them have burned their bridges, nearly all have extensive histories of badmouthing companies and their employees. Unfortunately they can't just stick to scientific discussion without escalating it to something personal or vitriolic.

powercage
04-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Most of them have burned their bridges, nearly all have extensive histories of badmouthing companies and their employees. Unfortunately they can't just stick to scientific discussion without escalating it to something personal or vitriolic. Correct.

noaddedhormones
04-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Wont change a thing, those people wont come back

Damn, guess we will have to settle with whitty PC signature comments going forward :(

powercage
04-03-2015, 04:45 PM
There are just so many competing interests and personalities.

The forum members say they want more knowledgeable people to be able to speak out. Many of the companies want the exact opposite of this because it could put their products into a less than stellar light (not to mention flame personal grudges).

Bodybuilding.com is stuck in the middle, both as a host of the forums and as a business trying to please both sides.

There really is no way everyone can win.

powercage
04-03-2015, 04:47 PM
There are ways that members can take advantage of the knowledge on the forum though. They just have to be smarter about it.

Ask about an ingredient or a specific set of ingredients, dont ask about a specific product per se. Then you may get some very in depth information about it without causing so much...I believe the technical term is "butthurt".

It lessens the liability for everyone involved as well.

TMac26
04-03-2015, 05:01 PM
It's not hard to discuss ingredients without going into complete chaos. It gets personal real fast when people get proven wrong

NEBinAK
04-03-2015, 05:02 PM
There are ways that members can take advantage of the knowledge on the forum though. They just have to be smarter about it.

Ask about an ingredient or a specific set of ingredients, dont ask about a specific product per se. Then you may get some very in depth information about it without causing so much...I believe the technical term is "butthurt".

What's better hmb-fa or phosphatic acid

powercage
04-03-2015, 05:03 PM

:Dask kissdadookie

noaddedhormones
04-03-2015, 05:05 PM
ask kissdadookie

*Awaits wild KDD to appear with science (and great wall of text) *

anonymous
04-03-2015, 05:13 PM
There are just so many competing interests and personalities.

The forum members say they want more knowledgeable people to be able to speak out. Many of the companies want the exact opposite of this because it could put their products into a less than stellar light (not to mention flame personal grudges).

Bodybuilding.com is stuck in the middle, both as a host of the forums and as a business trying to please both sides.

There really is no way everyone can win.

Truth. The problem is with wanting "spice". Many people are more interested in drama than in finding a legitimate answer.

JohnTheHonest
04-03-2015, 05:16 PM

Like........ CEE ? :)

RunningTall
04-03-2015, 05:17 PM
I would pay good money to watch the smarter guys on this forum tear all the shady companies a new @$$hole.

Team Punishment
04-03-2015, 05:19 PM
I would pay good money to watch the smarter guys on this forum tear all the shady companies a new @$$hole.

Fortunately Youd only have to pay like 2 people.

Msistine
04-03-2015, 06:10 PM

And those 2 people would only have to pay 20 lawyers.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag137/nelsonmonty/themoreyouknowshootingstar_zps9ddf9000.gif

OT2000
04-03-2015, 06:13 PM

PA of course ;)

mentalist72
04-03-2015, 06:13 PM

No one is suggesting you don't come by here anymore. Just skip over the shout out threads. As for becoming an informative pace again, I'd love to see some good solid discussion, but as others have mentioned it will inevitably lead to personal attacks, bashing, people getting butthurt, etc.

The problem is that as soon as a company rep has a complaint about a competing product, whether it is warranted or not, people will just assume that you are putting it down because it's a competing product. Every company will have some sort of science/studies/trials to back up their product.

llahhsoj
04-03-2015, 06:14 PM

Phosphatidic acid.

noaddedhormones
04-03-2015, 06:24 PM
No one is suggesting you don't come by here anymore. Just skip over the shout out threads. As for becoming an informative pace again, I'd love to see some good solid discussion, but as others have mentioned it will inevitably lead to personal attacks, bashing, people getting butthurt, etc.

The problem is that as soon as a company rep has a complaint about a competing product, whether it is warranted or not, people will just assume that you are putting it down because it's a competing product. Every company will have some sort of science/studies/trials to back up their product.

Yeah dw i mostly do. But 5000+ views of this thread in less than two days suggests alot of people are also feeling the same... Its not a minority issue here.. I guess term issue is again person dependant.

Geoforce
04-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Yeah dw i mostly do. But 5000+ views of this thread in less than two days suggests alot of people are also feeling the same... Its not a minority issue here.. I guess term issue is again person dependant.

Is it cool if I start a shout out thread thanking you for making what I view as a needed thread criticizing the abundance of shout outs?

noaddedhormones
04-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Is it cool if I start a shout out thread thanking you for making what I view as a needed thread criticizing the abundance of shout outs?

Do not recommend.

It could start another cataclysmic trend that will further burden these boards!

leithdj
04-03-2015, 06:56 PM
It's prob truth tho

Hey Rob.... Just wanted to give you a shout out for sending me stuff out of your own stash.... Showed up a day early!!! Figured I would put it here and not make a thread about it so I dont get crucified! lol <3 <3 <3 No homo!!! lol

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz160/leithdj/2015-04/C22A9C5A-CF0A-408D-A15D-582722A4341A_zpscffynxoy.jpg

Rob1882
04-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Hey Rob....

lulz

awaiting the negs ;p

mentalist72
04-03-2015, 07:01 PM
Hey Rob.... Just wanted to give you a shout out for sending me stuff out of your own stash.... Showed up a day early!!! Figured I would put it here and not make a thread about it so I dont get crucified! lol <3 <3 <3 No homo!!! lol

[img]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz160/leithdj/2015-04/C22A9C5A-CF0A-408D-A15D-582722A4341A_zpscffynxoy.jpg[img]

Lol. If Rob sent me just 1 sample of arctic lemonade I would heart him for life. I'm not sure sending a ziplock baggie filled with powder over the border would be a good idea though.

OT2000
04-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Lol. If Rob sent me just 1 sample of arctic lemonade I would heart him for life. I'm not sure sending a ziplock baggie filled with powder over the border would be a good idea though.

Only in Mexico.

leithdj
04-03-2015, 07:03 PM

Ziplock baggie inside a bottle of shampoo might work????

leithdj
04-03-2015, 07:05 PM
lulz

awaiting the negs ;p

Well you said earlier that you dont get thanked alot...... At least I sent/offered to send you stuff in return! lol

Valhallabound86
04-03-2015, 07:08 PM
While we're complaining about the main supp section.

Can we mute the words "just eat food"?

noaddedhormones
04-03-2015, 07:21 PM
While we're complaining about the main supp section.

Can we mute the words "just eat food"?

Protein is protein is protein needs to go as well.

Rob1882
04-03-2015, 07:25 PM

http://miamicomedyfest.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Protein-Powder-Not-Cocaine.jpg

That arctic lemonade is fantastic

haha

Well you said earlier that you dont get thanked alot...... At least I sent/offered to send you stuff in return! lol

Was just using it as a basis for amount of threads and people just showing appreciation, a lot more are sent stuff vs what get's mentioned.

<3

Synapsin
04-03-2015, 07:29 PM

In4speculation

Catalyze
04-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Rob has the best .gif ever made and apparently the best protein powder ever "cooked". He has duck fat and traps too....how did Rob win Life's lottery? I am so depressed that I may listen to country music.....

AfroPope
04-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Rob has the best .gif ever made and apparently the best protein powder ever "cooked". He has duck fat and traps too....how did Rob win Life's lottery? I am so depressed that I may listen to country music.....

wow, you managed to lump like every obnoxious Supp section meme into one incoherent post. Repped.

Rob1882
04-03-2015, 07:51 PM

Meh 6/10

Needs some Sith Lord in there, were all witnesses here.

<3

compan
04-03-2015, 08:59 PM
It's not hard to discuss ingredients without going into complete chaos. It gets personal real fast when people get proven wrong

/Internet

rhadam
04-03-2015, 09:55 PM
In4speculation

Do you know what happened to in10city?

noaddedhormones
04-04-2015, 12:15 AM
Do you know what happened to in10city?

What happened to NO_HYPE?

Rushie
04-04-2015, 02:29 AM
What happened to NO_HYPE?

No hype I believe is posting mainly over at the Thermolife forum. Got banned pretty much everywhere else. Shame, if you ask me but he does have pretty individualistic approach to posting. :)

noaddedhormones
04-04-2015, 04:01 AM
No hype I believe is posting mainly over at the Thermolife forum. Got banned pretty much everywhere else. Shame, if you ask me but he does have pretty individualistic approach to posting. :)

Despite his aggresiveness i think he was a very valued memeber.

iamjeffrey
04-04-2015, 06:12 AM
shoutout to op for a great thread.

Rob1882
04-04-2015, 06:15 AM
Lot of these threads of content end up being nothing but personal attacks and bashing which gets the thread locked and so on.

noaddedhormones
04-04-2015, 06:23 AM
Lot of these threads of content end up being nothing but personal attacks and bashing which gets the thread locked and so on.

Chill bruv, no personal attacks here...

Rob1882
04-04-2015, 06:25 AM
Chill bruv, no personal attacks here...

I meant in the threads by those being mentioned not this one <3

Dunno if you recall the No_Hype thread on Amentoflavone guess it was on here quickly turned into whatever and was deleted and bans went out which was semi-recent seems lot of threads such as that just start with good intentions and end in personal attacks.

Team Punishment
04-04-2015, 08:40 AM
No Hype was the GOAT

LoudyRowdy
04-04-2015, 08:45 AM
No Hype was the GOAT

We all know that was your other account ;)

noaddedhormones
04-04-2015, 09:02 AM
No Hype was the GOAT

He brought the science, rationality on the other hand....

Definitely a very worth wile member to this board.

noaddedhormones
04-04-2015, 09:07 AM

Need to spread rep before repping Rob1882 again..

AMeyer9
04-04-2015, 10:03 AM

Rob you're a big smelly dinosaur turd, and I hate you.

Rob1882
04-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Rob you're a big smelly dinosaur turd, and I hate you.

:(

</3

AM NOT!!! floral sented dino turd at the very least... used creamed lavender bubble bath! :D

AMeyer9
04-04-2015, 10:20 AM
:(

</3

AM NOT!!! floral sented dino turd at the very least... used creamed lavender bubble bath! :D

When were you gonna tell us you were a guest star as Joe Dirt's table?

http://www.lifeofblyss.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/joedirt-600x421.jpg

InItForFitness
04-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Nowwwwwwwwww this is the story of about how, my life got flipped, turned upside down.

OT2000
04-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Wow this is still going..

noaddedhormones
04-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Wow this is still going..

Because its a majority consensus, why wouldn't it still be going?

DasBiceps
04-04-2015, 12:54 PM
IN on page 8, would join in on the discussion but i got other things to do on the internet

http://i.minus.com/iQue9vO2rTwTU.gif

LoudyRowdy
04-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Thank you Team Scivation!!!!

http://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11081200_825228957526730_739642388011575183_n.jpg? oh=e6d15c3f0195c7018f191b48b7128c33&oe=55B5239A

Bigdumogre
04-04-2015, 01:03 PM

http://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11081200_825228957526730_739642388011575183_n.jpg? oh=e6d15c3f0195c7018f191b48b7128c33&oe=55B5239A

Mirin!!!
Sweet bag

IlliniTrack800m
04-04-2015, 01:08 PM

[img]http://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11081200_825228957526730_739642388011575183_n.jpg? oh=e6d15c3f0195c7018f191b48b7128c33&oe=55B5239A[img]

Lol <3

mentalist72
04-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Cliffs:
KwayZee asked if I wanted to try a sample of Wreckage
I said yes
A sample came in the mail a few weeks later
I went to visit my in-laws out of provence for a week
Came home and saw a parcel sitting on the porch
Opened it up and found a full tub of Wreckage

Thanks K.

http://i57.tinypic.com/esj7cw.jpg
flavour: Raspberry Twist

BULLED
04-04-2015, 04:21 PM
This thread is now about good bros exchanging gifts, i.e. another Shout-out thread. That's all we needed.

compan
04-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Motion to turn this thread into the shoutout thread. Why create a new subforum when we already have a place.

Shout out to TheFugitive for hooking it up with some Best BCAAs and ISO-HD samples today.

mentalist72
04-04-2015, 04:43 PM
This thread is now about good bros exchanging gifts, i.e. another Shout-out thread. That's all we needed.

I still don't understand why shout-outs bother people so much. Not a valid reason was given.

LoudyRowdy
04-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Yo Controlled Labs!!!

Thanks!!!

http://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11050140_826268257422800_7339983431046278285_n.jpg ?oh=1cbd8868f96d015ee49b65f038bd53c4&oe=55B8B839&__gda__=1437513445_56ae3f35bdd37007d44874ee898ad17 b

Bigdumogre
04-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Those promore flavors sound amazing can't wait to try some

LoudyRowdy
04-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Those promore flavors sound amazing can't wait to try some

Contact me via FB and I'll be glad to tell you allllllll about them

Msistine
04-04-2015, 05:12 PM
[b][size=5][i][center]yo controlled labs!!!

Thanks!!!

Grow up.

noaddedhormones
04-04-2015, 05:22 PM
ITT 100% strike rate on reps claiming there is no issue....go figure.

hellstorm2004
04-04-2015, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=faipdeooiad;1352692911]i think we'll be fine, should be villa tomorrow then if we play like we have been doing, we'll turn city over next weekend[/QUOTE ]

Villa dumped... pool lost. Wonderful Saturday!

LoudyRowdy
04-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Grow up.

Now I know who you are ;)

Bigdumogre
04-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Contact me via FB and I'll be glad to tell you allllllll about them

You already post in my Facebook group
I'm just incognito

^^^ it's not a game?

Msistine
04-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Now I know who you are ;)

S*** just realized you were a rep. I'll balance out that neg real quick... if you send me a sample of choc covered pretzel? :o

And please everyone list the exact username of your secret santa like mentalist so we know who to PM!

Thanks!

LoudyRowdy
04-04-2015, 06:02 PM
S*** just realized you were a rep. I'll balance out that neg real quick... if you send me a sample of choc covered pretzel? :o

And please everyone list the exact username of your secret santa like mentalist so we know who to PM!

Thanks!

LoudyArmy > JymArmy

OT2000
04-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Lmao

dapits
04-04-2015, 06:13 PM
No way I am reading those 9pages. Will send something to someone for cliffs.

(Am i doing this right?)

Msistine
04-04-2015, 06:14 PM
LoudyArmy > JymArmy

Aware me on differences - who's better at guerrilla review tactics? Or is that info proprietary?

Bigdumogre
04-04-2015, 06:21 PM
And now thread will close
Was a good conversation but always gets outta hand

Valhallabound86
04-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Well this was a neat thread.