PDA

View Full Version : Cortisol&fat gain

CalinPaul94
03-23-2015, 02:18 PM
I got a question,but first of all i admit i got lots of cheat days/binge days in the last 2 months,however i had nice 6 pack abs and now i kinda got a lil bit of fat or water weight on my lower abs,i was kinda deep stressed and depression after some events in my life in these 2 months.the question is,can you gain fat from cortisol without eating a surplus?

tara19
03-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Without diving into the science, I would say it is about 95% more to do with your binge/cheat days.
You're most likely holding a lot of water, due to sodium/CHO.

daddyuk
03-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Cortisol and your diet will be playing a part.

dmacdonal9
03-23-2015, 02:27 PM
can you gain fat from cortisol without eating a surplus?

Sort of, but it's very subtle, physiologically speaking. Chronically elevated cortisol affects nutrient partitioning unfavorably. So slightly less muscle gains and slightly increased fat gain.

Stress however, increases appetite (binges) and can decrease unconscious activity. I suspect that usually far outweighs any small direct physiological effect.

CalinPaul94
03-23-2015, 10:47 PM
Sort of, but it's very subtle, physiologically speaking. Chronically elevated cortisol affects nutrient partitioning unfavorably. So slightly less muscle gains and slightly increased fat gain.

Stress however, increases appetite (binges) and can decrease unconscious activity. I suspect that usually far outweighs any small direct physiological effect.

thanks for the answer :)

CalinPaul94
03-23-2015, 10:48 PM
Without diving into the science, I would say it is about 95% more to do with your binge/cheat days.
You're most likely holding a lot of water, due to sodium/CHO.

yea i guess its water..dont know,still got 6 pack but not so visible anymore.