PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a caloric deficit?

PR0crastinator
03-23-2015, 08:38 AM
hi

To avoid having loose skin when I lose weight/cut, I'm unsure as to what would be the best caloric deficit to have. Here are some of my stats:

32% bf
5ft11
233lbs

I'd obviously like to lose fat quickly, but if it gives me loose skin I'd prefer to do it more gradually.
Any ideas on the best way to go about this?

xHKOx
03-23-2015, 08:39 AM
If you want to do it gradually then start at 200 and work your way to a 500 cal deficit

treefiddy1031
03-23-2015, 09:03 AM
hi

To avoid having loose skin when I lose weight/cut, I'm unsure as to what would be the best caloric deficit to have. Here are some of my stats:

32% bf
5ft11
233lbs

I'd obviously like to lose fat quickly, but if it gives me loose skin I'd prefer to do it more gradually.
Any ideas on the best way to go about this?

Speed of weight loss only impacts loose skin in the short term since it needs time to retract (if it's going to). In the long run, it doesn't matter.

Khabaal
03-23-2015, 01:05 PM
I doubt you're big enough to have to worry about noticeable loose skin unless you already have it from a previous cut starting at a higher body fat level. Just don't do anything drastic. 0.5lbs-2lbs a week (250kcal-1000kcal deficit)as a goal should be fine. Just remember that weight fluctuates, you may have some weeks when you'll gain weight or stagnate, or lose 4+lbs. What counts is that the trend is progressively lower over time (your high and low readings should be lower than the previous month's).