PDA

View Full Version : should gain muscle or first lose weight

thebeast18
03-23-2015, 12:48 AM
Hi I'm 18 male around 5,10 and around 200lb so I'm a little overweight.. So I was wondering should bi first lose weight or should I workout and focus and gaining muscle ....I want muscle mass .

I know that if I workout a and build muscle I have to consume a higher amount of calories and If I diet I have to eat less calories ...

And I was wondering if I was to just focus on working out and of course take a higher amount of calories will I gain weight and get chubbier or will I be building muscle...I posted a pic of me so you guys could see exactly my weight ..thanks

TobinBell
03-23-2015, 03:23 AM
Hi I'm 18 male around 5,10 and around 200lb so I'm a little overweight.. So I was wondering should bi first lose weight or should I workout and focus and gaining muscle ....I want muscle mass .

I know that if I workout a and build muscle I have to consume a higher amount of calories and If I diet I have to eat less calories ...

And I was wondering if I was to just focus on working out and of course take a higher amount of calories will I gain weight and get chubbier or will I be building muscle...I posted a pic of me so you guys could see exactly my weight ..thanks

It really depends on when you started working out. Just recently? Then I would say keep on bulking,for you already have your foundations given your size. In the initial stage,especially if you are a little chubby,you tend to lose weight anyway.Although,this does not mean that you can build muscle and lose fat at the same time.It has been scientifically proven that beginners tend to go through a sort of developmental stage in the first few months that may involve some muscle gain and some fat loss. Basically,it is really hard to tell you anything without knowing your metabolic rate,level of activity,your meal and workout plans. You have to experience these things for yourself.

Hope I could help somewhat.