PDA

View Full Version : Harbaughcalypse 2015

Tommy12Orr4
03-17-2015, 06:58 AM
It's quite obvious this guy helped his players psychologically throughout his time there and that most appreciated him. However, that dumb **** in Jed York decided to **** that organization up.

The next big name player retiring or leaving the 49er's will probably be Eric Reid. People can be in denial all they want, but Harbaugh did some crazy ass voodoo **** to that organization.

iamgenus
03-17-2015, 07:23 AM
What's your excuse for brain injury?

Tommy12Orr4
03-17-2015, 07:25 AM
What's your excuse for brain injury?

What's your excuse for being the most salty you've ever been this past year? Extremely defensive about everything, and criticizing a player for doing what's best for him.

Would you rather have had Borland sign a big contract and then retire? You can be in denial all you want, but the facts are right in front of you.

There's a good chance Willis would still be playing if Harbaugh was still the head coach. It will be Reid or Davis retiring soon.

iamgenus
03-17-2015, 07:33 AM
What's your excuse for being the most salty you've ever been this past year? Extremely defensive about everything, and criticizing a player for doing what's best for him.

Would you rather have had Borland sign a big contract and then retire? You can be in denial all you want, but the facts are right in front of you.

How can you possibly be in your right mind and blame guys retiring on Harbaugh leaving? Borland is 24 and hasn't made any real money(i'm sure if the niners wanted they could get some of his money back) and you think his decision to leave the game he's played his whole life was because Harbaugh is gone?

And I'm not criticizing him for leaving because of whats' good for him. I'm criticizing him for doing it after one year playing and by his own admission being healthy now. He knew the risks before he entered the draft. Concussions weren't invented last year. If he did it before the draft I'd have a lot more respect for him. Instead he went through the motions of combine, telling teams he wanted to make a career of this sport and convinced the 49ers to use a 3rd rounder on him when they already had Bowman, Willis and Wilhoite. It was a BPA type of pick for them.

He then turned around and retired by being "proactive" about his health. What changed in a year?

I'm sure if Bryan Stork decided to retire you wouldn't be so respectful of his decision.

Tommy12Orr4
03-17-2015, 07:37 AM
How can you possibly be in your right mind and blame guys retiring on Harbaugh leaving? Borland is 24 and hasn't made any real money(i'm sure if the niners wanted they could get some of his money back) and you think his decision to leave the game he's played his whole life was because Harbaugh is gone?

And I'm not criticizing him for leaving because of whats' good for him. I'm criticizing him for doing it after one year playing and by his own admission being healthy now. He knew the risks before he entered the draft. Concussions weren't invented last year. If he did it before the draft I'd have a lot more respect for him. Instead he went through the motions of combine, telling teams he wanted to make a career of this sport and convinced the 49ers to use a 3rd rounder on him when they already had Bowman, Willis and Wilhoite. It was a BPA type of pick for them.

He then turned around and retired by being "proactive" about his health. What changed in a year?

I'm sure if Bryan Stork decided to retire you wouldn't be so respectful of his decision.

I assumed you realized the entire "Harbaughcaluypse" thing was straight from the 49er's message board.

Now, let's say this were a player on the Patriots like Jamie Collins after his rookie season. Would I be disappointed that he retired (or quit according to some)? Yes, it would most certainly suck. Yes, players learn about concussions throughout their time playing, especially leading up to the NFL. However, I think there's a good chance that he read the studies and had some understanding of them before he entered the NFL, but it really hit him when he saw players on his team with concussions and how they look right now.

It's a lot different when you see it in person than just reading about it. Not to mention the hits in the NFL are far bigger than in college.

woody19
03-17-2015, 07:48 AM

Maybe he realized how much of a pounding his body took in the NFL?

Maybe he finally took the time to look at all the facts about brain trauma?

I assume most players live in a state of denial about what they are doing to themselves, think it wont happen to them.

Miked1978
03-17-2015, 07:51 AM
Not sure how Harbs has anything to do with Borland retiring. Borland said he started to think about it in training camp last year.

Speaking of someone who is salty, OP why are you looking at 49er message boards when you are a Pats fan and making pointless threads blaming ownership when they had nothing to do with Borland and Willis retiring? Cant you just be happy your team won the Super Bowl?

iamgenus
03-17-2015, 08:17 AM
I assumed you realized the entire "Harbaughcaluypse" thing was straight from the 49er's message board.

Now, let's say this were a player on the Patriots like Jamie Collins after his rookie season. Would I be disappointed that he retired (or quit according to some)? Yes, it would most certainly suck. Yes, players learn about concussions throughout their time playing, especially leading up to the NFL. However, I think there's a good chance that he read the studies and had some understanding of them before he entered the NFL, but it really hit him when he saw players on his team with concussions and how they look right now.

It's a lot different when you see it in person than just reading about it. Not to mention the hits in the NFL are far bigger than in college.

I try to stay away from 49er message boards for this very reason. The amount of potatoes there rivals the sports misc.
l
And I don't believe that NFL made it too real for him. Yes the hits are harder in the NFL but Borland played against some big boys in college and it didn't deter him from entering the NFL. To me it seems like the guy wanted to say he was an NFL player, get some money in the process and then pack it in. I understand opposing views but that's how I see it.

Tommy12Orr4
03-17-2015, 08:20 AM
I try to stay away from 49er message boards for this very reason. The amount of potatoes there rivals the sports misc.
l
And I don't believe that NFL made it too real for him. Yes the hits are harder in the NFL but Borland played against some big boys in college and it didn't deter him from entering the NFL. To me it seems like the guy wanted to say he was an NFL player, get some money in the process and then pack it in. I understand opposing views but that's how I see it.

I don't know what to think yet, and I'll wait until he released a statement himself. However, I don't think it's outlandish to think that he may have seen some players on the 49er's that have suffered concussions, and saw the path they were heading down. Maybe he wanted to play a year in order to say he was an NFL player, but I find that a little harder to believe.

srom12
03-17-2015, 08:29 AM
Another reason why basketball is the better sport.

ruskism
03-17-2015, 08:32 AM
I don't know what to think yet, and I'll wait until he released a statement himself. However, I don't think it's outlandish to think that he may have seen some players on the 49er's that have suffered concussions, and saw the path they were heading down. Maybe he wanted to play a year in order to say he was an NFL player, but I find that a little harder to believe.

Everything is he says, she says until he comes out and addresses it publicly.

I'm sure rookie NFL players are thoroughly versed in potential head trauma that could accrue throughout an NFL career. Most of that probably goes in one ear and right out the other when you're at the beginning of your career. Living through a season of it allows players to at least gain some perspective on the issue.

Vitamin0
03-17-2015, 09:28 AM
Nothing to see here. Just another Patriots fan trash talking another organization because they won the most recent Superbowl.