PDA

View Full Version : Am I cutting healthy?

rob2535
03-16-2015, 07:04 AM
Hey community! I just started working out again after 2 years of being lazy. I had worked out all through my teen years, and was pretty lean. Now im currently 6'3 325 lbs (last weight in a week ago). I started work in out again last week, and im eat in lean now to cut weight. Im eating 5 small spaced out meals a day. Im averaging 1800-1900 calories a day currently. I keep hearing thats a bad chaloric deficit from various sources tho. Things say I need around 3500 calories a day, and that is just outrageous sounding. The prob is with the small quantity of food im eating now, and how im spacing it out...I have the hardest time eating meal 4&5 because im still super full feeling. My goal is to cut weight at a super good rate, while adding a little extra muscle mass. Am I on the right track? Any insight is deeply appreciated.

karlton3
03-16-2015, 07:40 AM
Hey community! I just started working out again after 2 years of being lazy. I had worked out all through my teen years, and was pretty lean. Now im currently 6'3 325 lbs (last weight in a week ago). I started work in out again last week, and im eat in lean now to cut weight. Im eating 5 small spaced out meals a day. Im averaging 1800-1900 calories a day currently. I keep hearing thats a bad chaloric deficit from various sources tho. Things say I need around 3500 calories a day, and that is just outrageous sounding. The prob is with the small quantity of food im eating now, and how im spacing it out...I have the hardest time eating meal 4&5 because im still super full feeling. My goal is to cut weight at a super good rate, while adding a little extra muscle mass. Am I on the right track? Any insight is deeply appreciated.

Your weight probably allows you to go much lower with kCals now than later. If you're not hungry, don't eat unless you need to hit a daily protein target.

Also, don't worry about spacing of meals, particularly with your body comp.