PDA

View Full Version : Amino IV , can it taste worse?

Problem
03-15-2015, 11:45 AM
PES? Son I'm disappoint.. I'm a fan boy but God damn that product tastes like lemon vomit.. I opened the tub and my girl almost puked passing by.. This is unacceptable.. I want a refund ..

All your products tastes heavenly; you missed big time on this one.. or did I just get a bad batch that you were supposed to trash?

Team Punishment
03-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Given the ingredients in it, how did you really expect it to taste?

Altobeast
03-15-2015, 11:51 AM

Exactly, from what I'm reading off the label, it should taste like bitter salty lemon oil

Bigdumogre
03-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Some ingredients are hard to mask. Not a bad tasting supp at all for that great profile.

AfroPope
03-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Great profile, tastes like what I imagine sock sweat tastes like if you were to wring it out into a shaker cup like a disgusting animal.

Mr.Cooper69
03-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Sorry you feel that way OP. I honestly don't mind the flavor, but if you're serious about the refund, contact the retailer. if they aren't amenable to it, please contact me at coop@pescience.com

aloosecannon
03-15-2015, 12:05 PM
I don't mind the taste at all, reminds me of SweeTarts candy.

kbayne
03-15-2015, 12:07 PM
PES? Son I'm disappoint.. I'm a fan boy but God damn that product tastes like lemon vomit.. I opened the tub and my girl almost puked passing by.. This is unacceptable.. I want a refund ..

All your products tastes heavenly; you missed big time on this one.. or did I just get a bad batch that you were supposed to trash?

What flavor?

lordtomriddle
03-15-2015, 12:26 PM
are you talking about the cherry limeade ?
i just opened mine and checked. the smell was fine.it tasted something like the Cherry Limeade of prejym(didnt have anything else of this flavor)

may be you got a bad batch or something ?

also the cherry limeade isnt sold by bb.com anymore
i got mine when it was b2g1(2limeades 1 blue)

head2
03-15-2015, 12:27 PM
The smell is terrible yes ( smells like straight medicine), but I think the flavor is actually not bad at all. For the profile I'm not gonna complain

lordtomriddle
03-15-2015, 12:28 PM
The smell is terrible yes ( smells like straight medicine), but I think the flavor is actually not bad at all. For the profile I'm not gonna complain
medicines smell fine :p

Altobeast
03-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Most BCAA's don't taste 100 percent, although amino drinks tend to like juiced aminos. Just depends on the profile, and honestly I've never tasted anything worse than this sample of amino I got back in the day that was green apple, tasted like bitter sweat socks mixed with the bark of an apple tree

VicMackey92
03-15-2015, 12:43 PM
I have try a sample of amino IV, that was cherry limeade flavor, the taste was really bad, I didn't understand why the good bro were all over this stuff, but this is not a surprise, they always love to overhype products

Altobeast
03-15-2015, 12:46 PM
I have try a sample of amino IV, that was cherry limeade flavor, the taste was really bad, I didn't understand why the good bro were all over this stuff, but this is not a surprise, they always love to overhype products

Flavor isn't everything for some people, profile is more important

VicMackey92
03-15-2015, 12:50 PM

when people are talking all day about the flavoring of a product, I really doubt the profile is important

but that is not my concern since I don't like wasting my money on all this garbage

Problem
03-15-2015, 01:46 PM

taste good like the other EAA and BCAA on the market taste like?

Xtend, upslabs, bpi ect...

Problem
03-15-2015, 01:47 PM

Im sure the added ingredients doesn't make it any superior to other BCAA or EAA brands.. I bought it cause I support PES. Quality products but this time I was surprised they didn't make an effort to make it taste good

Problem
03-15-2015, 01:52 PM
What flavor?

Cherry limeade or cherry Not too limeade at all..

Ima toss it ... Taste is too important to me that I drink my EAA and BCAA during workout and cardio.. Nothing more unmotivational than drinking battery acid while lifting heavy ass weight.. I'll stick to my Xtend..

Thanks making high volume taste good tho; love that ****

kbayne
03-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Im sure the added ingredients doesn't make it any superior to other BCAA or EAA brands.. I bought it cause I support PES. Quality products but this time I was surprised they didn't make an effort to make it taste good

What flavor did you go with and how much water did you use?

eatyourspinach
03-15-2015, 01:54 PM

Well Lemon Verbena being included can be one addition that leads one to believe it is better than others "moderate antioxidant supplementation with lemon verbena extract protects neutrophils against oxidative damage, decreases the signs of muscular damage in chronic running exercise without blocking the cellular adaptation to exercise" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20967458. But there is also thiamine in it which tastes horrible.

jdforsy
03-15-2015, 02:00 PM
Got the buy 2 get one free a few weeks ago. The blueberry has grown on me but I'm dreading working my way through the cherry limeaid. It's one if the worst tasting supps I've had. No hate though I'm def a PES fanboy 95% of the time.

TMac26
03-15-2015, 02:03 PM

Those three you listed if I'm aware of, are not EAA blends.

bencarpenter
03-15-2015, 02:07 PM
I have tried a decent amount of amino products and genuinely enjoy the flavour of Amino IV.

I even like the watermelon and I hate watermelon flavours lol.

We have actually improved the flavouring though and they will be arriving at retailers shortly with shiny new labels as well. :)

TMac26
03-15-2015, 02:12 PM
I've got like 4 tubs of Blueberry.

So good.

AfroPope
03-15-2015, 02:12 PM
I have tried a decent amount of amino products and genuinely enjoy the flavour of Amino IV.

We have actually improved the flavouring though and they will be arriving at retailers shortly with shiny new labels as well. :)

#blessed

greekbrah91
03-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Agreed, OP. At least the taste is slightly better than the smell though.

Fishman15
03-15-2015, 07:59 PM

^^^This. I have used quite a few different amino products and have not found any that taste any better than Amino IV. Tis a shame though that I got an email from BBcom saying my backordered cherry limeade flavor has now been discontinued by the manufacturer. I still exchanged it for 2 blueberry bursts though. I like the watermelon too but that was not an option here either. So what flavors can we expect here in the future PES guys?

cumminslifter
03-15-2015, 08:04 PM
peoples taste buds are so pampered these days

ncballa1011
03-15-2015, 08:31 PM
Was it the best tasting supp I've ever tried? No.... But I didn't dread it nor did It smell bad at all

thedarce
03-15-2015, 08:32 PM

Ima toss it ... Taste is too important to me that I drink my EAA and BCAA during workout and cardio.. Nothing more unmotivational than drinking battery acid while lifting heavy ass weight.. I'll stick to my Xtend..

Thanks making high volume taste good tho; love that ****toss it? what part of cali u in? bet we can come up with a deal/trade

Mr.Cooper69
03-15-2015, 08:48 PM

This is a bit of a stretch, thinking a product is overhyped because you don't like the flavor. It's a high leucine EAA product with HICA and a novel ergogen that many other companies are now using. That's what makes a good intraworkout, not flavor IMO

Mr.Cooper69
03-15-2015, 08:52 PM

You're going to throw it out? Did you read my post above or are you intentionally trying to be dramatic? Come on bro, I can't help make something right if you only want it to be wrong.

Sorry you feel that way OP. I honestly don't mind the flavor, but if you're serious about the refund, contact the retailer. if they aren't amenable to it, please contact me at coop@pescience.com

Samamo
03-15-2015, 09:50 PM
The Blueberry was a chore to go through (frozen it was decent though). Mango Splash is really good though. Think the difference between the 2 is the lemon verbena.

NEBinAK
03-15-2015, 10:00 PM

Thank you for the support op, xtend doesn't have eaa in it though, in fact amino IV and xtend are very much different products

I have not had amino IV so really not sure how it tastes but maybe one of the other flavors would be better for you.

If I was you I would take coops advice :)

The Solution
03-16-2015, 04:50 AM
I have to be the minority that loves CL

shiftmx6
03-16-2015, 04:53 AM
I wasn't super crazy about Cherry Limeaide as soon as I started taking it, but it actually grew on me after a bit.

aaronuconn
03-16-2015, 05:21 PM

Always so many words underlined in red when I quote your posts about the taste of our products. :D

Probem, hopefully we can make it up to you if you give the new flavoring a go.

Problem
03-16-2015, 06:43 PM
You're going to throw it out? Did you read my post above or are you intentionally trying to be dramatic? Come on bro, I can't help make something right if you only want it to be wrong.

Nah bro; I don't want a refund.. PES is s good company, I'll suck it up.. Thanks though. That's a good gesture.. Will always support your products

Problem
03-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Thank you for the support op, xtend doesn't have eaa in it though, in fact amino IV and xtend are very much different products

I have not had amino IV so really not sure how it tastes but maybe one of the other flavors would be better for you.

If I was you I would take coops advice :)

I know that. That's why I mix Xtend with my USP labs EEA product or my other EEA during training : I'm gonna mix it with amino IV to see how the taste will improve

Problem
03-16-2015, 10:41 PM
I guess mine is blueberry burst.. My bad..
But Is cherry lime any better? I swear blueberry burst taste like like .. That's why I thought it was lime

Helcaraxe
03-16-2015, 10:47 PM
Hold your nose and chug it down. Not a big deal.

Mxxz
03-17-2015, 02:18 AM
Watermelon is awesome, however i feel sorry for US brahs who can't try the Mango or Rasberry lemonade ;P both are my favorites. i would have to say

1# Mango Splash
2# Watermelon
3# Rasberry Lemonade
4# Blueberry burst US Version
5# Cherry limeaid

I have to be the minority that loves CL

nope. i enjoyed it also just not as much as the others

lordtomriddle
03-17-2015, 03:31 AM
i never knew there was a mango flavor
i wouldnt have bought cl and bb :S

bencarpenter
03-17-2015, 05:16 AM
i never knew there was a mango flavor
i wouldnt have bought cl and bb :S

Mango is Australian only.

I haven't even tried it to know if it is good lol.

aaronuconn
03-17-2015, 06:09 PM
Looks like Watermelon, Cherry Limeade and Blueberry have all had flavor updates.

Also, 5 serving tubs (10 scoops) will be sold as well :)

kbayne
03-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Expect CL as well as other improved flavors to be in stock in about 2-3 weeks.

enjoiskating15
03-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Probably tastes better than optimum nutrition's "unflavored" BCAAs, they taste more like "dust swept right off the ground."

aaronuconn
03-18-2015, 03:43 PM
Probably tastes better than optimum nutrition's "unflavored" BCAAs, they taste more like "dust swept right off the ground."
Unflavored BCAA's are horrid.

iamjeffrey
03-18-2015, 03:55 PM

lmao. i lost it here.

A leucine dominant EAA product to taste amazing?

JSClen
03-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Looks like Watermelon, Cherry Limeade and Blueberry have all had flavor updates.

Also, 5 serving tubs (10 scoops) will be sold as well :)

ermagerds, wish u had updated my thread as well with dis

jlk03090
03-18-2015, 05:58 PM
Geeze... I signed up for the free samples of it a few weeks ago and the only thought I had was "whoops, too much water," and "yep, this is one that smells rank if you don't wash the shaker." Not disgusted by any means, and I, too, am used to xtend or kinetic. I was disappointed I misplaced my second packet actually :(

aaronuconn
03-18-2015, 06:10 PM
ermagerds, wish u had updated my thread as well with dis
I can't wait for the Cherry Limeade. Apparently very similar to one you'd get at Sonic.

kbayne
03-18-2015, 06:13 PM
If all the upgraded flavors taste how they were described, people will lose their minds! I know I can't wait to try them and I think the current flavors are already very nice tasting.

enjoiskating15
03-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Unflavored BCAA's are horrid.
I didn't have high expectations when I got them, I figured I'd have to chug them down, they're just so awful though. Even mixing them with something else doesn't always work.

aaronuconn
03-19-2015, 04:30 AM
I didn't have high expectations when I got them, I figured I'd have to chug them down, they're just so awful though. Even mixing them with something else doesn't always work.
Yep, the leucine essentially floats to the top. Mix it with crystal light or some other flavored beverage.

enjoiskating15
03-19-2015, 10:21 AM
Yep, the leucine essentially floats to the top. Mix it with crystal light or some other flavored beverage.
I always use a blender bottle for powders that are ground up really well, when I took it I'd usually try to mix it with my flavored creatine.

TommyTuffGuy
03-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Time travel back to 2006, purchase Get Diesel's READY4WAR "NEUTRAL FLAVOR" (yes, this is real), consume, come back, tell us how phuggin' awesome Amino IV tastes.

profit.

TMac26
03-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Time travel back to 2006, purchase Get Diesel's READY4WAR "NEUTRAL FLAVOR" (yes, this is real), consume, come back, tell us how phuggin' awesome Amino IV tastes.

profit.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

I've been screaming this for YEARS.

TommyTuffGuy
03-19-2015, 01:57 PM
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

I've been screaming this for YEARS.

Sad part is, it would JAZZ me up like none other.

I would look forward to the energy but not the flavor, it was the ultimate Catch 22.

TMac26
03-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Sad part is, it would JAZZ me up like none other.

I would look forward to the energy but not the flavor, it was the ultimate Catch 22.

Oh man I had great workouts on it.

But god, that flavor. lol

aaronuconn
03-19-2015, 03:50 PM
I always use a blender bottle for powders that are ground up really well, when I took it I'd usually try to mix it with my flavored creatine.
Did that do the trick? I've found mixing leucine with Cit. Mal helps.

Geoforce
03-19-2015, 06:24 PM
Am I being trolled? I got Amino IV when it first came out (Cherry Limeaid) and not only did I not have any smell issues I remarked that it was one of the best tasting supplements I have ever tried. I found a tub last week (been trying to knock out the supp stash) and it is absolutely delicious. As in I have no idea how anyone couldn't think it tastes great. Like Crystal Light Lemonade.

Again this was like first insider deal Amino IV and haven't used it since. Maybe a batch mistake or something? Cause I'm like Bob that stuff is amazing.

Hell I'd be against a flavor update it is already perfect. Gotta wonder if something was changed or something didn't go right with a few tubs. Either that or some of you were just born with disabled taste buds!

The Solution
03-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Am I being trolled? I got Amino IV when it first came out (Cherry Limeaid) and not only did I not have any smell issues I remarked that it was one of the best tasting supplements I have ever tried. I found a tub last week (been trying to knock out the supp stash) and it is absolutely delicious. As in I have no idea how anyone couldn't think it tastes great. Like Crystal Light Lemonade.

Again this was like first insider deal Amino IV and haven't used it since. Maybe a batch mistake or something? Cause I'm like Bob that stuff is amazing.

Everyone has different taste buds. I personally love it, but i heard they are "Upgrading" the flavor. Can't wait to try it.

Geoforce
03-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Everyone has different taste buds. I personally love it, but i heard they are "Upgrading" the flavor. Can't wait to try it.

Yeah, my post was tongue in cheek. Weird to see a flavor I think is so perfect have so many people dislike it in here though. Honestly best tasting supplement ever, I can't think of anything to me that beats it.

aaronuconn
03-20-2015, 04:38 AM
Yeah, my post was tongue in cheek. Weird to see a flavor I think is so perfect have so many people dislike it in here though. Honestly best tasting supplement ever, I can't think of anything to me that beats it.
Hopefully you'll give the new rendition a try as well. Compare the two and let us know your thoughts.