PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine Question

JBishy
03-10-2015, 08:35 PM
I apologize if some of you do not consider discussions on caffeine to be nutrition discussions.

I have calculated that my caffeine intake is extremely high. I am two and a bit weeks out from my first show, and through various pathways my caffeine intake has increased dramatically.

Here is the breakdown:

Morning (before fasted cardio): 1 AllMax Rapid Cuts (380mg)
Morning (with breakfast): 1 cup of Green Tea + 3 shots of espresso (30+64[3]=217mg)
Afternoon (with lunch/meal 3): 1 AllMax Rapid Cuts (380mg)
Afternoon (sometime after lunch): 1 cup of Green Tea (30mg)
Afternoon (after meal 4): 4 Shots of espresso + 1 cup of green tea (64[4]+30=286mg)
Nighttime (after training): 1 cup of Green Tea (30mg)

Total: 380[2]+217+30[2]+286 = 1.323g or 1323mg

So, obviously this is a lot. Also, this is the minimum amount of caffeine I have--sometimes I have extra espresso and/or tea.

What should I do? I will be reverse dieting. Should I steadily decrease my caffeine intake as well or just not worry about it too much?

eworkin
03-10-2015, 09:28 PM
I would personally not change a thing until after your show - you have worked so hard to get here you don't want to jeopardize it now.

I just took this quote from Australian government website (http://www.abc.net.au/health/library/stories/2006/04/27/1829125.htm) so take the info as you will:

The ballpark guideline is to consume less than 600 mg per day

So with that in mind, after your show I would personally bring it back closer to the number in the quote.

EjnarKolinkar
03-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Start by dumping the allmax is the obvious answer

strengthgained
03-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Is this real life?

It blows my mind people have no idea what is going into their bodies..

Also, I experience negative side-effects from caffeine after about 500mg of consistent use. How're you even functioning

Kanexyz
03-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Is this real life?

Also, I experience negative side-effects from caffeine after about 500mg of consistent use. How're you even functioning

agreed, and you gonna feel like chit after you stop this diet with that amount of cafeine you wont be able to function once you stop taking it.

tara19
03-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Is this real life?

My first thought.
I've never prepped for a show, so if I'm mistaken and that's normal enlighten me...but I would never consume that much caffeine.

necon76
03-10-2015, 10:24 PM
My first thought.
I've never prepped for a show, so if I'm mistaken and that's normal enlighten me...but I would never consume that much caffeine.

It's not. OP has gone to full retard levels.

ErikTheElectric
03-10-2015, 10:32 PM
You're consuming an absurd amount of caffeine/stimulants. I highly suggest you taper down, ASAP.

rhadam
03-10-2015, 10:53 PM
I got to the point where i was ingesting 800mg-1g of caffeine on a daily basis, functioned fine. It is an adenosine receptor agonist, and blocks those receptors. So, after chronic use, you stimply won't see much of the effects and have to either increase dose or stop use. As far as safety issues are concerned, data shows you can go reasonably high... but i wouldn't test it too much.

OP in response to your specific post, the Allmax rapid cuts really aren't doing much for you. Ideally you should use EC (ephedrine + caffeine) and stick with that. At max dose you'd be getting 600mg caffeine, split 3 ways. The EGCG isn't doing much for you either. Green Tea is a better antioxidant than it is fat loss aid. In reality it will do almost nothing for fat loss. In essence, you're using poor products and needlessly increasing caffeine intake. The espresso is your call.

JBishy
03-11-2015, 09:12 PM
I got to the point where i was ingesting 800mg-1g of caffeine on a daily basis, functioned fine. It is an adenosine receptor agonist, and blocks those receptors. So, after chronic use, you stimply won't see much of the effects and have to either increase dose or stop use. As far as safety issues are concerned, data shows you can go reasonably high... but i wouldn't test it too much.

OP in response to your specific post, the Allmax rapid cuts really aren't doing much for you. Ideally you should use EC (ephedrine + caffeine) and stick with that. At max dose you'd be getting 600mg caffeine, split 3 ways. The EGCG isn't doing much for you either. Green Tea is a better antioxidant than it is fat loss aid. In reality it will do almost nothing for fat loss. In essence, you're using poor products and needlessly increasing caffeine intake. The espresso is your call.

I say this out of a quest for knowledge and not disrespect--do you have studies/articles talking about the things you're saying? I want to be as informed as possible about what I do with my body.

JBishy
03-11-2015, 09:15 PM
It's not. OP has gone to full retard levels.

Considering I didn't feel any different when I upped caffeine (I like coffee and green tea) and have absolutely no health issues (as of yet) I wouldn't say I went full retard. I'm just making sure A) I won't drop dead and B) that tapering off is the best option for fixing my problem.

JBishy
03-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Is this real life?

I know exactly what is going into my body... Hence this forum post. Also, my body is different than yours and I honestly feel no different compared to when all I had was coffee.

necon76
03-11-2015, 09:23 PM
I know exactly what is going into my body... Hence this forum post. Also, my body is different than yours and I honestly feel no different compared to when all I had was coffee.

That's because you've become addicted & developed a tolerance. But hey, it's your body.

rhadam
03-11-2015, 09:24 PM
I say this out of a quest for knowledge and not disrespect--do you have studies/articles talking about the things you're saying? I want to be as informed as possible about what I do with my body.

No disrespect, you should always question when someone posts without citations. The majority of my posts/thoughts come from science, which is my background and current life. I'm here to smash broscience and opinion lol. If you want caffeine safety studies...

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2010.01561.x/full (cliffs: 400mg perfectly safe)

There are multiple studies on ephedrine and caffeine, 75mg ephedrine and 600mg caffeine daily. These studies range up to 6 months, and have found the doses to be safe, and health markers positive.

As far as rapidcuts is concerned, it's filled with nonsense and underdosed ingredients that "may" be good. The science supporting the ingredients are shaky at best. I'm not going to link studies, that takes too long. Get on pubmed and look some of the ingredients up if you want. I'm not going to link studies for EGCG either, you can either take my word for it, or look it up yourself. Studies have shown it does almost nothing for weight loss, it does however improve health markers.

CanadianEmpire
03-12-2015, 07:00 AM
Guys making him feel bad about his caffeine intake isn't going to help. What's done is done. Clearly he understands that this might be too much, other wise he wouldn't have asked. Don't be rude and try to help him.

OP, as stated the intake needs to come down. Before or after your show, it's up to you...

Jesse_l_g
03-12-2015, 07:20 AM
Pro tip. Cut back very slowly over a week or two. Going NC with caffeine when you are abusing it to the degree you are will be terrible.