D-Will fell off
Rondo was never good
Rose is done

Shortstop36
03-06-2015, 11:56 AM
but who was final minute of a game

FGCHENG
03-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Yeah no kidding, but it's Westgoat and Steph Curry's era now.

but who was final minute of a game

as unclutch as CP3 is, I'd take him over Rose, D-Will, Rondo, and Parker

jross2021
03-06-2015, 11:57 AM
But who was playoff success

YWOC
03-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Never made it to a Conference Finals while on mostly good teams lol dude is one of the most overrated players of this generation

nvrstopworking
03-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Stood the test of time for what? Underachieving?

Dude is the PG version of Melo.

cashinout
03-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Never made it to a Conference Finals while on mostly good teams lol dude is one of the most overrated players of this generation

he's not overrated at all, you're embarrassing yourself

Day1086
03-06-2015, 12:24 PM
I'm a certified Chris Paul hater, but the dude is being underappreciated for his regular season performance this year. When Blake kept the clippers afloat with cp3 injured, he got major media attention and got 3rd in mvp voting. Now cp3 is doing the exact same thing and is getting completely ignored. He is having a better season than Westbrook or Lebron, and is about on par with harden. And fuk, if we're willing to ignore harden's playoff failures in the mvp hype, why should we penalize Paul?

Dudes a choker and will go nowhere in the playoffs again, but he's having a low key great regular season.

YWOC
03-06-2015, 12:25 PM
he's not overrated at all, you're embarrassing yourself

You said LeBron is going to finish with a better career than Jordan. Absolutely nothing you say matters

ctownballer04
03-06-2015, 12:26 PM
I'm a certified Chris Paul hater, but the dude is being underappreciated for his regular season performance this year. When Blake kept the clippers afloat with cp3 injured, he got major media attention and got 3rd in mvp voting. Now cp3 is doing the exact same thing and is getting completely ignored. He is having a better season than Westbrook or Lebron, and is about on par with harden. And fuk, if we're willing to ignore harden's playoff failures in the mvp hype, why should we penalize Paul?

Dudes a choker and will go nowhere in the playoffs again, but he's having a low key great regular season.

He always does. CP is a great PG.

I find the mood swings of people's opinions in him are hilarious. Brb CPointGod, best PG since Magic Johnson. Brb ChokeP3

cashinout
03-06-2015, 12:27 PM
You said LeBron is going to finish with a better career than Jordan. Absolutely nothing you say matters

that's because he will

number of times lebron lost the first round of the playoffs: 0
number of expansion eras lebron has played in: 0
number of GOAT coaches lebron has had: 0

jross2021
03-06-2015, 12:27 PM
He is having a better season than Westbrook

http://i.imgur.com/P9xNLRX.gif

inb4 you quote percentages.

I know you don't like Westbrook and you'll do and say anything to downplay him so your bf can win MVP, but just lol at you. Welcome to my ignore list. You're worse than your brother and on Daewoo level of low IQ right now.

YWOC
03-06-2015, 12:28 PM
that's because he will

number of times Jordan lost in the finals: 0
number of times LeBron lost in the finals: 3

cashinout
03-06-2015, 12:29 PM
number of times Jordan lost in the finals: 0
number of times LeBron lost in the finals: 3

yea making it to the finals > getting kicked in the first round bud

what a COINCIDENCE that Jordan starts making it to the finals after the expansion and after magic/bird retire and after he gets a HoF teammate and a GOAT coach

coincidences all over the place

YWOC
03-06-2015, 12:30 PM

what a COINCIDENCE that Jordan starts making it to the finals after the expansion and after magic/bird retire and after he gets a HoF teammate and a GOAT coach

Yeah and Jordan has made more finals ( and won 3 times as many) than LeBron so what's your point

ClutchAnalyst
03-06-2015, 12:30 PM

skills + talent > inflated numbers

cashinout
03-06-2015, 12:32 PM
skills + talent > inflated numbers

what did jordan do better than lebron? FTs and mid range?

thats literally it

inb4 intangible nonsense like "killer instinct"

and lol at saying leborn has the inflated stats, jordan played in an era where a team was allowed to get 72 wins and make the finals 3x in a row, TWICE

nvrstopworking
03-06-2015, 12:38 PM

Meh. Paul's peak was 2007-2009.... when he was putting up 20 & 10 and leading the league in steals. I could understand the hype then.... but not now.

Yes, he's still putting up prime Nash numbers.... but Nash was also doing it while shooting 50/40/90.

ClutchAnalyst
03-06-2015, 12:40 PM

thats literally it

and lol at saying leborn has the inflated stats, jordan played in an era where a team was allowed to get 72 wins and make the finals 3x in a row, TWICE

yes, midrange and post game was SUPERIOR to lebron's

brb killer instinct = mental toughness + offensive mentality

it's not broscience

sports are also played at a mental level

cry about it

and on that note, im not talking about this in this thread anymore

jross2021
03-06-2015, 12:42 PM

Intangible nonsense like winning 6 rings.

BeastModeFTW
03-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Meh. Paul's peak was 2007-2009.... when he was putting up 20 & 10 and leading the league in steals. I could understand the hype then.... but not now.

Yes, he's still putting up prime Nash numbers.... but Nash was also doing it while shooting 50/40/90.

cp3 is a way better defender then prime nash tho. he shut down liliard the other game.

cashinout
03-06-2015, 12:46 PM
yes, midrange and post game was SUPERIOR to lebron's

brb killer instinct = mental toughness + offensive mentality

it's not broscience

sports are also played at a mental level

cry about it

yea bro he was so mentally tough he had to retire

Intangible nonsense like winning 6 rings.

why does MJ get the credit for those 6 rings, when he couldn't even make it out of the first round without pippen+jackson?

if he was really responsible for all 6 rings, he could have AT LEAST gotten out of the first round without a HoF teammate and the GOAT coach of the game

jross2021
03-06-2015, 12:50 PM
he shut down liliard the other game.

is this supposed to be an accomplishment?

That's just Lillard being Lillard. Half of the West had to get injured for the guy to even make the all-star game, and I'm pretty sure they only let him in because he threw a hissy fit and they felt bad. Every so often he does absolutely nothing and that was one of those games for him. He also got shut down by Kyrie Irving, C.J. Watson and Westbrook early on in the season. All 3 are pretty mediocre/below average defenders.

Paul is a good defender but lmao at using shutting down Lillard as the standard for being a good defender.

pjcryst115
03-06-2015, 12:50 PM

48/38/88 isn't exactly bad. Not to mention Nash averaged 3.5-4 TOPG and Paul is at a ridiculous 2.3

Edit: Also the defense as mentioned above. He's arguably the best perimeter defender in the league.

HtotheOV
03-06-2015, 12:54 PM
lol this forum literally hates Paul like he banged your wives or something.

fukin hilarious

L0lJ0ker3
03-06-2015, 01:15 PM
But who was playoff success

/end thread

Thai_Clinch
03-06-2015, 01:34 PM
only thing that matter is nba finals and titles. all hail robert horry.

sn24
03-06-2015, 01:40 PM
I still cry myself to sleep every night about the veto

jross2021
03-06-2015, 01:43 PM
I still cry myself to sleep every night about the veto

Why? If you had Paul you wouldn't be getting Westbrook.

sn24
03-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Why? If you had Paul you wouldn't be getting WestGOD.

fixed

ClutchAnalyst
03-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Why? If you had Paul you wouldn't be getting Westbrook.

we are getting rondo to create the most alpha backcourt in NBA history with him and Kobe

sdballer5588
03-06-2015, 01:46 PM

Steve Nash has never averaged 20 ppg in his entire life. He has never averaged 19 ppg in his entire life.

Cp3's CAREER ppg is only .2 below Nash's CAREER HIGH mvp season.

Cp3 was also not putting up 20 and 10. He put up consecutive season of 22.8 and 11.0 and 21.1 and 11.6

Spill512
03-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Rose, DWill and Rondo are done but now there is a new era of god echelon point guards in Westbrook, Curry, and Wall.

BullBoy8
03-06-2015, 02:00 PM
that's because he will

number of expansion eras lebron has played in: 0
number of GOAT coaches lebron has had: 0

Number of times lebron has missed the playoffs: 2
Number of times Jordan has missed the playoffs: 0

Inb4 bringing up the 2 wizard years which I don't give a fudge what you or any other lebron disciple says to try proving a point, I am not counting those years.

sdballer5588
03-06-2015, 02:01 PM

Inb4 bringing up the 2 wizard years which I don't give a fudge what you or any other lebron disciple says to try proving a point, I am not counting those years.

That's ironic to say. Also very stupid. So basically this is a classic BullBoy8 post.

Spill512
03-06-2015, 02:01 PM

Bullboy coming with that real. Classic Bullboy.

just4kickz
03-06-2015, 02:05 PM
Never liked him, but as others have stated, I do think he's underappreciated. He can carry you to the playoffs. He hasn't had much playoff success though.

BeastModeFTW
03-06-2015, 02:19 PM
is this supposed to be an accomplishment?

That's just Lillard being Lillard. Half of the West had to get injured for the guy to even make the all-star game, and I'm pretty sure they only let him in because he threw a hissy fit and they felt bad. Every so often he does absolutely nothing and that was one of those games for him. He also got shut down by Kyrie Irving, C.J. Watson and Westbrook early on in the season. All 3 are pretty mediocre/below average defenders.

Paul is a good defender but lmao at using shutting down Lillard as the standard for being a good defender.

liliard went 0-11 in regulation. dude made 1 shot the entire game. it was easily his worst game this season. it was beyond lockdown defense. Paul massacred him.

isp
03-06-2015, 03:21 PM
cp3 don't fcks with the playoffs tho, would interfere with shooting all those state farm commercials

gswarrior510
03-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Harden is getting MVP hype while CP3 is doing better than both him and Westbrook.

and lol at using his playoff record while deepthroating Harden who is even more of a choker.

nvrstopworking
03-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Steve Nash has never averaged 20 ppg in his entire life. He has never averaged 19 ppg in his entire life.

Cp3's CAREER ppg is only .2 below Nash's CAREER HIGH mvp season.

Cp3 was also not putting up 20 and 10. He put up consecutive season of 22.8 and 11.0 and 21.1 and 11.6

Might have to do with the fact that....

a) Dude was playing with multiple all-stars and was always more focused on setting them up.

b) He's never taken more than 13 shots/gm. CP3 was taking about 16 in those seasons that you mentioned.

notWilliam
03-06-2015, 03:44 PM
I hate CP3, but hes awesome; honestly deserved 2008 MVP imo not to mention his success this yr thats been undervalued

gswarrior510
03-06-2015, 03:57 PM

a) Dude was playing with multiple all-stars and was always more focused on setting them up.

b) He's never taken more than 13 shots/gm. CP3 was taking about 16 in those seasons that you mentioned.

you dont think efficiency goes up by playing on one of the top 10 offensively gifted teams ever?

Chris Paul is the best point guard in history at not turning the ball over, Nash is pretty average.

sdballer5588
03-06-2015, 03:57 PM

That would make sense, if Nash's assists were blowing CP3 out, but they're not.

Nash 11.5 CP3 11.6
Nash 10.5 CP3 11.0

AST TO ratio

Nash 3.51 CP3 4.60
Nash 2.99 CP3 3.73

Also what all star teammates are you talking about? Nash has that advantage.

Nash in 04-05 had Marion and Stoudemire
Nash in 05-06 had Marion while Stoudemire was hurt.

CP3 had David West both years.

You hate CP3 for no reason. Dude is historically one of the greatest ball handlers the NBA has EVER seen. He legit makes Nash's MVP seasons look routine.

JustMoved24
03-06-2015, 04:06 PM

thats literally it

Not gonna debate with you because your love for lebron means there is no point in debating with you since im sure you cant be objective and probably never watched a full MJ game even.

Jordan also played in an era where you wanted to go to the hole you were gonna get hit fuking hard. Every time. Even if a scuffle ensued players wouldnt even get tossed. This league is no doubt weak now, with fouls and ****.

Then again this is not lebrons fault and he is playing in the league that is todays