PDA

View Full Version : Can you rate my diet and suggest improvements. Thank you!

FRUITYTOOTY
02-27-2015, 03:57 AM
I have three weights sessions each week, 2-3 30 minute cardio sessions (light cardio admittedly) and walk 1 hour each day (15 mins between work & home, 30min walk at lunch). This has been my diet for the last month- can you tell me your thoughts? My goal is to build muscle, shed some excess fat and have a balanced diet. Thanks

DIET MON-FRI

Breakfast:
-Porridge with skimmed milk, squeeze of honey and blueberries.
-Black Coffee
-250ml of Orange/Apple Juice (not concentrate)
-multi-vit and omega 3

Elevenses:
-Apple
-Handful of Nuts
-Cuppa Tea (no sugar)

Lunch:
Mon-Wed- Mixed Salad with Chicken & low fat/cal honey mustard dressing
Thurs-Fri- scrambled eggs (3 eggs). 100g of smoked salmon. Avocado and tomato side salad with balsamic/olive oil dressing.

Afternoon Tea
Cup of Earl Grey
Homemade flapjack (Oats, almonds, apricots, lemon rind, vanilla essence and golden syrup, butter)

Dinner
MON-WED Homemade Biryani (100g Brown rice, Peas, Beans, onion, chicken, Spices, chicken stock & olive oil)
THURS-FRI 500g Boiled New Pots, fish fillet and mixed veg. Small amount of butter. Balsamic or Lemon Dressing

3 times a week post weights workout- Banana and Protein Shake (also contains carbs and creatine)

WEEKEND

FRIDAY NIGHT DRINKS.
SAT BRUNCH- Four grilled bacon rashers with wholemeal bread and butter.
SAT LUNCH- Healthy Soup
SAT Dinner- Takeaway (e.g. grilled chicken kebab)

SUN MORNING- Porridge
SUN LUNCH- Whatever i fancy
SUN EARLY DINNER- ROAST DINNER (usually large portion of red meat, roast potatoes and mixed veg)

(will possibly have a couple of pints with the footie aswell)

necon76
02-27-2015, 04:08 AM
Calories? Macros? TDEE?

FRUITYTOOTY
02-27-2015, 04:35 AM
Calories? Macros? TDEE?

Calorie intake is around 2250 on cardio days. around 2625 on workout days. This is roughly 25% protein 33% fat and 42% carbs. My TDEE is around 2900 roughly speaking.

Any advice would be appreciated! Building muscle wise, this diet seems to be doing the trick, but my fat loss is slow. What i don't want though is to have too high a calorie deficit and then struggle to put on muscle. Building strength is more important than aesthetics for me. Ta

gbullock32
02-27-2015, 05:22 AM
Well if you enjoy eating that, and it gives the results you want, enjoy. Wont be adding much/any muscle mass in a deficit by the way; muscle building (generally) requires a calorie surplus.