PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush - most overrated RB prospect ever.

Swept
02-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Wasn't he suppose to be the second coming of Gale Sayers?

9 years in the league and never learned how to run between the tackles

BadaBingBdaBoom
02-26-2015, 09:08 PM
At least he was part at a championship team

wildchild11
02-26-2015, 09:08 PM
Wasn't overrated as a prospect

02-26-2015, 09:09 PM
He was just a human highlight reel at USC and got tons of hype as a result. He had like two good years in the league, and they weren't even THAT good.

Swept
02-26-2015, 09:11 PM
At least he was part at a championship team

As a back up to Thomas

firstandgoal
02-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Bush was the beast in college, he was a highlight reel, he was the most freakish back at the time his long runs his moves his speed was insane. He was hyped up big time, and fell off bad in the NFL, he had some crazy stats at SC, but in NFL his stats are sub par not even good enough to make it to the hall of fame. But at least he has a ring.

Swept
02-26-2015, 09:17 PM
Bush was the beast in college, he was a highlight reel, he was the most freakish back at the time his long runs his moves his speed was insane. He was hyped up big time, and fell off bad in the NFL, he had some crazy stats at SC, but in NFL his stats are sub par not even good enough to make it to the hall of fame. But at least he has a ring.

HOF LMAO

He never even made a pro bowl

gotrice33
02-26-2015, 09:18 PM
he def wasn't a bust tho... had some solid years and hes still dangerous as a dual threat RB

mlift11
02-26-2015, 09:21 PM
he really has had some good production in the nfl. he's just never been a top 5 back

ChildPlz13
02-26-2015, 09:32 PM
He was a matchup nightmare in college. In the NFL he wasn't utilized the same way he was in college, but I'm not sure why. I think the talent around him at SC hid his weaknesses.

TheThrill1
02-26-2015, 09:52 PM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/Trent-Richardson.benched.400.jpg

firstandgoal
02-26-2015, 10:11 PM
Bush had a 4.35 40 yard dash, and he was drafted the 2nd pick in round 1 in the 2006 draft, he was underutilized, not a complete bust but he never dominated his position like people thought he would, they used him for different plays effectively though. But as a running back I guess you can he was a bust. But I would consider a bust someone who never had longevity in the game, and failed miserably.

JaredDudley
02-26-2015, 10:16 PM
wasn't he injured

TopsecretWaffle
02-26-2015, 10:40 PM
he had a pretty solid year 2 years ago when he was healthy. had some great plays running between the tackles. had the same averageYPC as foster

Phil9
02-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Ki-Jana Carter?

Shortstop36
02-26-2015, 11:14 PM

came in to post this

Vhagar
02-26-2015, 11:15 PM
He's coming to Boston

gonna replace Shane Vereen as the pass catching threat out of the backfield

Patriots repeat

metafour
02-26-2015, 11:36 PM

He was definitely overrated. Not trying to toot my horn, but I foresaw him disappointing big time. If you watched him in college playing on those stacked USC teams against underdeveloped (at the time) PAC10 defenses, all he ever did was easily bounce runs to the perimeter and run past people through Ava Devine bumhole sized gaps. That running "style" was never going to succeed in the NFL. You literally saw kids he was going up against scared to try and tackle him; no one in the NFL was going to be scared to run at him, and more importantly in the NFL those linebackers could chase him to the perimeter. He didn't possess an NFL running style.

neilsabo
02-26-2015, 11:36 PM
he was on a stacked USC team that was gonna steamroll through their competition no matter who they had at RB

MericaBrah
02-26-2015, 11:56 PM
Darren McFadden- I remember the analysts going crazy over him before the draft.

idz21
02-27-2015, 12:29 AM
Darren McFadden- I remember the analysts going crazy over him before the draft.

Darren McFadden had potential to be GOAT. Dem injuries though...

Reggie had a few good years in NO, two good years in Miami, and one solid year in Detroit before his injuries this season. I don't understand why Reggie has never been given the chance to be a feature back. He's always stuck in a timeshare, wasting one of the better dual threat RB's in the league. I always hated when Miami would spell him with Daniel Thomas every other series. Treat him like Jamal Charles and LeSean McCoy, and he'll produce. I don't know what he's got left in the tank, but he'll continue to be productive in some capacity.

Swept
02-27-2015, 12:31 AM

came in to post this

Actually he was, you don't go 2 overall if your not somewhat overrated. People were shocked when they drafted Mario William's ahead of him.

Swept
02-27-2015, 12:35 AM
Darren McFadden had potential to be GOAT. Dem injuries though...

Reggie had a few good years in NO, two good years in Miami, and one solid year in Detroit before his injuries this season. I don't understand why Reggie has never been given the chance to be a feature back. He's always stuck in a timeshare, wasting one of the better dual threat RB's in the league. I always hated when Miami would spell him with Daniel Thomas every other series. Treat him like Jamal Charles and LeSean McCoy, and he'll produce. I don't know what he's got left in the tank, but he'll continue to be productive in some capacity.

He has been given plenty of chances

In NO they tried making him a feature back, he couldn't run between the tackles

In Miami he had some success, but then the injuries started, add to the fact he has always had fumble problems. If you look at his game log he starts off the season real good then towards the middle and end of the season he completely disappears.

StrapNScrap21
02-27-2015, 12:43 AM
he really has had some good production in the nfl. he's just never been a top 5 back

probably sums it up best. He was just an exceptional athlete who was playing RB. So freakishly amazing that he could get by on a decent NFL career with simply his ability.

HoganIsGOAT
02-27-2015, 01:40 AM
Actually he was, you don't go 2 overall if your not somewhat overrated.

What about going number one like your boy Cam? Clearly you're an expert on overrated players.

HueHueHue.

DeshaunWatson
02-27-2015, 02:46 AM
I will admit my Miami Dolphins ruined his career. WOAT O-Line will do that to a player. BUT, that will not be the same excuse I use for Ryan Tannehill. Guy needs to be traded for a bag of footballs ASAP.

SuperDick1234
02-27-2015, 02:53 AM
Actually he was, you don't go 2 overall if your not somewhat overrated. People were shocked when they drafted Mario William's ahead of him.

it was vince young wasnt it?

Vitamin0
02-27-2015, 03:13 AM
Reggie Bush was supposed to be the second coming of Barry Sanders.

CCAurora
02-27-2015, 03:21 AM
I remember reading in SI back when he was a rookie that he lives off McDonalds and gets away with it because of good genetics. I always wondered what effect that had on his ability to recover from injuries.

DeshaunWatson
02-27-2015, 03:37 AM
it was vince young wasnt it?

Vince Young went #3 and Mario went #1.

UltimateRiot
02-27-2015, 04:37 AM
You're acting like he's terrible and barely on anyone's squad

He's a good 3DRB/Passing back, far from a bust

ChiBearsfan
02-27-2015, 04:43 AM
I'm preferential to Cedric Benson.

Who? you might ask

That's my point.

woody19
02-27-2015, 05:07 AM
His hype was incredible and deserved for the most part (thought he could be Marshal Faulk 2.0). I think getting drafted by the saints didnt help, basically treated him like larry centers. It took him a while to realize the kind of running that works in the NFL. He also has always been injury prone. Certainly not worth the number 2 overall, but a unique player thats helped out each team hes been on.

5465 yards rushing with a good chunk coming after he left the saints.
3489 yards receiving

Miked1978
02-27-2015, 05:16 AM
Only on the misc a guy can play 9 years and be the most overrated ever.

This is whats wrong with the misc. Too quick to use the word ever.

ChildPlz13
02-27-2015, 06:35 AM
He was interviewed during his junior year at USC, he talked about working out with LT(the chargers running back) and he admitted how much better LT's work ethic was then his. I think he was more into his brand than he was in football.

The_Zodiac
02-27-2015, 07:08 AM
He's not the worst, but he's just generally overrated. Joique Bell has had so much better production for us and not many people outside of Detroit even know who he is.

DeshaunWatson
02-27-2015, 07:08 AM
He was interviewed during his junior year at USC, he talked about working out with LT(the chargers running back) and he admitted how much better LT's work ethic was then his. I think he was more into his brand than he was in football.

He's laughing all the way to the bank

woody19
02-27-2015, 07:20 AM

Thats what took him too another level imo. His frosh and soph more years he was really good, but for the most part he was like a poor mans barry sanders, lots of runs for no gain or loss and then boom 70 yards. Lendale was a much more consistent producer for us. Then Reggie went off his Junior year (lendale still did his thing). Once he realized the work needed to get to the next level it just wasnt fair anymore. On the college level he was on a different level than everyone else, when he got to the pros he couldnt outrun everyone.

firstandgoal
02-27-2015, 07:58 AM
Ki-Jana Carter?

^ almost forgot about him, drafted number 1 in the first round of the 95 draft by the Bengals, and he retired with only like 1 thousand yards and some change for his entire career. Weird how he kept getting passed along for several years in the league but never used he was a huge bust.

But the man was super injury prone which held him back big time.

Another running back bust was Rashaan Salaam former heisman winner and drafted in the first round 21 pick, he also retired with 1 thousand total yard and some change. He was a pot head and couldn't hold onto the ball, he had the talent and had a good rookie season, wasted talent.

PenorCut
02-27-2015, 08:06 AM
Reggie Bush's stock was ruined when coaches decided to use him as a pass catcher and/or outside hand off-only guy. Only 3 out of his 9 years was he actually a main RB in the NFL. The rest of the time, he was just a "dump him the pass on 3rd & long and pray he makes a big play" type of RB.

He was never utilized to his full potential and the times where he did get ~220 or so carries, he played for awful teams/offensively challenged teams, like the Dolphins.

Swept
02-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Reggie Bush's stock was ruined when coaches decided to use him as a pass catcher and/or outside hand off-only guy. Only 3 out of his 9 years was he actually a main RB in the NFL. The rest of the time, he was just a "dump him the pass on 3rd & long and pray he makes a big play" type of RB.

He was never utilized to his full potential and the times where he did get ~220 or so carries, he played for awful teams/offensively challenged teams, like the Dolphins.

I'm sure it was the coaches fault, he couldn't run between the tackles, or the fact that he was impatient and never lets his blockers set up

Phil9
02-27-2015, 03:58 PM
^ almost forgot about him, drafted number 1 in the first round of the 95 draft by the Bengals, and he retired with only like 1 thousand yards and some change for his entire career. Weird how he kept getting passed along for several years in the league but never used he was a huge bust.

But the man was super injury prone which held him back big time.

Another running back bust was Rashaan Salaam former heisman winner and drafted in the first round 21 pick, he also retired with 1 thousand total yard and some change. He was a pot head and couldn't hold onto the ball, he had the talent and had a good rookie season, wasted talent.

Yeah, either one of those beats out Bush. Bush didn't have a career compared to the hype but he still had a serviceable career with a long span for a RB. And that's assuming he won't be picked up by a team looking for a back-up RB.