PDA

View Full Version : Lost a ton of strength and muscle....

ManChild11
02-26-2015, 03:57 PM
Hey guys,

About 2 years ago I transitioned from a bulking phase to a cutting phase, I packed on ALOT of muscle and strength, however I also packed on alot of fat!! I was benching 240 for reps and deadlifting 280...

Unfortunately when it came down to cutting I completely lost my motivation, cutting to me is just alot more boring..it has taken me another 2 years to lose all the fat I gained because I was constantly stopping, than starting up again, than stopping again.

It was a vicious cycle! However now ive managed to FINALLY stick with my fatloss goals and ive FINALLY managed to lose most of the fat...

the only problem is ive lost alot of my muscle and strength I went from benching 240 for reps to barely benching 130...take my word for it I lost about 70% of my hard earned muscle during my very prolonged cut.

the question, is it feasible to think that once I start bulking again and eatin properly(500 cal surplus) that I will gain back all my lost muscle and strength quickly??

It almost sounds to good to be true, because if muscle memory is real, once I start bulking again I will look really swole, right now im lean but not much muscle mass, I am hoping within 2 months of bulking ill get back to looking really swole thanks to muscle memory....

thoughts?? Please

ManChild11
02-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Anyone with thoughts please?

ManChild11
02-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Guess no one wants to reply to my thread because of my negative rep.

just for the record, I posted a legit topic in the misc forum and I was attacked by cyber thugs who didnt like what I had to say, they all negative repped me. They shouldve been banned for using the rep system improperly.

dmacdonal9
02-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Yeah, it'll come back pretty quickly, assuming you're training properly.

That's where I have my doubts though. To have your lifts drop that much means you had some bad training or were training inconsistently. I can't see cutting alone doing that if your training was in order.

ManChild11
02-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Thank god! Thank you for the reply!

and yeah to be honest I completely stopped lifting, I just really hate lifting when cutting, guess you can say im a bulk pheen. I would say the correlation between me not lifting during my cut and the drop of strength and muscle is definitely correct.

I am just glad itll come back...is it safe to say once I start bulking that my body will look alot more muscular than it looks now? Becaise Christmas will come early for me if I retain all my previous muscle with my new found lean body!

mwstoltze
02-26-2015, 06:42 PM
You will bulk back up fast, but just like with last bulk some fat will come...next time remember it is MANDATORY to lift while cutting if you want to signal to your body that it should keep the muscle.

tara19
02-26-2015, 06:55 PM
You should regain some strength quickly.
I would be weary to go straight into a 500 cal surplus.
Start at $250

ManChild11
02-26-2015, 07:26 PM
You should regain some strength quickly.
I would be weary to go straight into a 500 cal surplus.
Start at $250

agreed. I plan on reverse dieting for a bit to find the calorie sweet spot first. Ive learned that fat is the enemy when bulking, my last bulk was a success however with the much fat I put on it turned out to slow me down completely and eventually killed most of the muscle. Lesson learned, eat clean and avoid dirty bilking at all costs.

thanks for the replies guys.

tara19
02-26-2015, 07:41 PM
agreed. I plan on reverse dieting for a bit to find the calorie sweet spot first. Ive learned that fat is the enemy when bulking, my last bulk was a success however with the much fat I put on it turned out to slow me down completely and eventually killed most of the muscle. Lesson learned, eat clean and avoid dirty bilking at all costs.

thanks for the replies guys.

You don't have to strictly "eat clean".
Moderation, don't eat chit all day. Make it fit into your calories/macros.

MrM27
02-26-2015, 08:09 PM
What I don't understand is someone benching 240 for reps but only deadlifting 280.

Luclin999
02-26-2015, 08:19 PM
What I don't understand is someone benching 240 for reps but only deadlifting 280.

Birdlegs?

Tasthetic
02-26-2015, 10:02 PM

This.

Something is seriously amiss judging by deadlift to bench ratio and the crazy strength loss.

It almost sounds like you went on cycle or something and lost all your gains...

ManChild11
02-26-2015, 10:34 PM
Yea yes. Well let me explain to you all. I dont workout at a conventional gym. I workout in my home. I have a room with 300 pounds in free weights, a bunch press, barbell, dumbbells, door pullup bar, lat pull down machine, treadmill, eliptical and the Xfactor door band system.

I dont train legs with any machines because 1) I dont have the machinery for it and 2) I admit, I focus alot on upper body instead. I do however do body weight excerises for legs, though that may not be enough.

The bottomline is that I built alot of muscle enough where I looked swole and people where complimenting me for it.

Problem is when it came time for a cut, I lost all motivation and it ended up taking me years to get lean...at the cost of most my lean muscle mass.

I am praying that when it comes time to bulk again (in about 1 month) I will regain all my mass quickly and I will look extra swole quickly in my new lean body.

also, about the low deadlift, I didnt start deadlifting until later in my bulk regiment, same for squats.