PDA

View Full Version : Pop Tart Power Rankings

Wafflez08
02-26-2015, 10:21 AM
After killing a box of the Cinnamon Roll, Chocolate Strawberry, and PB & J Pop-Tarts (all relatively new flavors) this week, I think I am up to date on all Pop-Tarts that have been made available in the past two years (or at least in the US). Here is my list of the top 10 Pop-Tart Flavors. This was obviously a very hard list to make with Pop-Tarts being so delicious, but I feel pretty confident in my rankings. The criteria was based on taste at room temperature and taste when toasted...high end judging criteria, I know.

1. Chocolate Vanilla Cream
2. Red Velvet
3. Hot Fudge Sundae
4. Blueberry
5. Chocomallow Sundae
6. Strawberry
7. Cookies and Cream
8. Chocolate Strawberry
9. Cherry
10. Blueberry Muffin
11. PB & J Strawberry
12. Oatmeal Delight-Strawberry
13. PB & Chocolate
14. Cinnamon Roll
15. Chocolate Fudge.. Honestly it hurts me putting this one so low
16. Smores
17. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
18. Rasberry
19. Wild Berry
20. Brown Sugar...Sure this is too low for some

Thoughts?

I know there have to be some others who love Pop Tarts. Lemme see some of ya'lls lists..

sonnydfrizzy
02-26-2015, 10:29 AM
Very disappointed in your rankings OP :(

1. Peanut Butter
2. Chocolate Graham
3. Cookie Dough
4. Sugar Cookie
t6. Hot Fudge Sundae
t6. Cinnamon Roll

This is the real top 6 list

RCJHGOKU
02-26-2015, 10:30 AM
I love me some pop tarts. My pop tart game def isn't as strong as yours that's for sure. Gonna have to look for the chocolate vanilla cream, blueberry muffin and chocomallow sundae. Pumpkin pie or gingerbread didn't make top 20? I thought those were pretty solid.

aquamarine84
02-26-2015, 10:35 AM
Hehehe. Being female I can't go through them at the rate you do, so I haven't tried the Chocolate Strawberry and PB&J yet (but just bought boxes of each), and I'm not a fan of the fruit flavors period (if I want fruit, I'll eat real fruit) but....
1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
2. Chocolate Peanut Butter
3. Red Velvet
4. Chocolate Fudge
5. Hot Fudge Sundae
6. Cookies 'n Creme
7. S'mores
8. Chocomallow Sundae
9. Chocolate Vanilla Creme
10. Confetti Cupcake
11. Chocolate Chip
12. Cinnamon Roll
13. Brown Sugar
14. Anything fruit

But yes, a Pop Tart is my breakfast dessert almost every morning with my cottage cheese and butternut squash puree. And I hope they come out with Fluffernutter Pop Tarts some day.

gbullock32
02-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Not going to bother ranking, but the Strawberry always hold a special place in my heart, pantry, and intestines; been eating them since I was a little kid, just can't beat a classic.

Love Pop Tarts, one of my favorite fast meals.

thinkgreen
02-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Frosted strawberry = GOAT.

NEBinAK
02-26-2015, 11:09 AM
I primarily eat frosted strawberry cause I get them bulk for cheap and its that or brown sugar, but I have bought a few different ones, the pumpkin pie were good, the chocolate fudge and smores were a let down, I did enjoy the peanut butter.

desslok
02-26-2015, 11:18 AM
Room...temperature...poptarts??!! I sure hope you are trolling!

Wafflez08
02-26-2015, 11:20 AM
@Sonny-Personally I find PB over-rated.

I actually will sometimes smear real PB on the top of my pop-tarts after toasting them..Too good.

And I am not going to lie, I totally forgot about Pumpkin Spice. That would prob fall somewhere between 12-17. I think the sugar cookie and birthday cake aren't nearly as good as the others. Grape is probably the only flavor that I actually might not eat again, it just didn't do it for me.

im2small
02-26-2015, 12:56 PM
Room...temperature...poptarts??!! I sure hope you are trolling!

That's the best part about pop tarts, just open them up and eat them. No preparation required.

OP, S'mores deserves to be way higher. Also, you've got Hot Fudge Sundae pretty high up and those are gross. Otherwise, good list.

Jasonk282
02-26-2015, 12:58 PM
CnC is the GOAT

blvd5
02-27-2015, 12:27 AM
Not official

GIMMEtheSLOOT
02-27-2015, 05:56 AM
Never seen the blueberry muffin, anybody know if they are still around? Wouldn't mind checking those out. For me brown sugar perfectly toasted is the GOAT nomnomnom. Been eating those as long as I can remember

Wafflez08
02-27-2015, 06:06 AM
Pretty sure blueberry muffin was a limited edition flavor. Ebay?

Anyone ever try the poptart ice cream sandwich from carls jr? Disappointed it was only half a pop tart for each side, and only offered in strawberry.

gbullock32
02-27-2015, 06:20 AM

Anyone ever try the poptart ice cream sandwich from carls jr? Disappointed it was only half a pop tart for each side, and only offered in strawberry.Was a let down, poor quality ice cream; neat idea and all but not a good fast food item. Not easy or convenient (melted fast/messy) to easy while out.

Toasted and broken up Pop Tart as an ice cream topping is great though.

aquamarine84
02-27-2015, 06:22 AM

Anyone ever try the poptart ice cream sandwich from carls jr? Disappointed it was only half a pop tart for each side, and only offered in strawberry.

Nope, but have you ever had a DEEP FRIED Pop Tart? I only ate half of it (I try to behave) but it was amazeballs.

Big_Spaz
02-27-2015, 07:01 AM
I vote Peanut Butter for overall #1 as well.

Anything after that, I don't care because I only eat the Peanut Butter :)

-Spaz

GIMMEtheSLOOT
02-27-2015, 07:56 AM

Well chit

Wafflez08
02-27-2015, 08:54 AM
@aquamarine- I had one at the Texas State Fair actually. They had whip cream on the side to dip it into, and it was delicious, although it isn't my favorite fried food I have had there.

Wish I could post links, but Matt Stonie has a good Pop Tart eating challenge on youtube that ya'll should check out.

Also, the hype for the PB pop-tarts around here is higher than I thought. If I want PB with a Pop-Tart I normally just get one that has some kind of chocolate or cream filling and smear PB on it after I toast it and make a sandwich. Maybe I need to give them a second chance, but it's so lame that the box comes with less packages than the other flavors for same price.

jdrush
02-27-2015, 09:01 AM
Smores poptarts sandwhiching mint chocolate chip ice cream.

gbullock32
02-27-2015, 12:21 PM
@aquamarine- I had one at the Texas State Fair actually. They had whip cream on the side to dip it into, and it was delicious, although it isn't my favorite fried food I have had there.

Wish I could post links, but Matt Stonie has a good Pop Tart eating challenge on youtube that ya'll should check out.

Also, the hype for the PB pop-tarts around here is higher than I thought. If I want PB with a Pop-Tart I normally just get one that has some kind of chocolate or cream filling and smear PB on it after I toast it and make a sandwich. Maybe I need to give them a second chance, but it's so lame that the box comes with less packages than the other flavors for same price.That annoyed me too, only 6 Pop Tarts... ah well, was decent enough.

EjnarKolinkar
02-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Brown sugar

V
V
v

Everything else.

LollyLifts2015
02-27-2015, 06:43 PM
Brown sugar
AMMMMEEENNN! Preach it. My pyramid of Popmtarts is brown sugar fer days.

But... My weakness upon which I also desire are blueberry muffins. They made these in pop tarts and I never have seen these!! I'm super jelly sandwich of all of you who've tried them. I'd risk eBay'ing them.

i3oosted
02-27-2015, 08:17 PM
Brown Sugar is GOAT, the rest who cares.

CodyH1234
02-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Have only tried strawberry.

It's so GOAT, I didn't bother with any of the other favors. "This is perfection", I thought, as I scarfed down the delicious tart.

determined4000
02-27-2015, 11:36 PM
Haven't had one in probably a dozen years but I loved brown sugar cinnamon about 10x more than anything else
hot, cold, room temp.
GOAT

CrystalB2011
02-28-2015, 10:04 AM
I'm scared to try the PBJ....Cookie Dough is my favorite!

LollyLifts2015
02-28-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm scared to try the PBJ....Cookie Dough is my favorite!

The strawberry PB&J is the best. Seriously tastes like strawberry PB&J with the crunch of a tart. It's EPIC! Must try. Be bold - go get some and you won't be let down. ;)

Wafflez08
02-28-2015, 11:58 AM
They have a PB&J that isn't strawberry?

aquamarine84
02-28-2015, 02:23 PM
They have a PB&J that isn't strawberry?

Not anymore (there were wa-ay back when, but I think they were discontinued before I was even born). And I think the Strawberry PB&J are Target exclusive.