PDA

View Full Version : Bulking: All calories ok?

Machina12
02-26-2015, 07:40 AM
I'm currently 6'0" 170lbs 16%bf: I'm trying to bulk up (working out 3 days on - 1 day off). Anyways, I try to eat clean calories but it does make it harder to get to my high-calorie goal. At work sometimes, I'm in a rush and have to settle for fast food (taco bell, etc). Since I am bulking, is it ok so shove a few burritos down or should I try to just find a hamburger joint and eat just the meat or whatever. Trying to get opinions on this! Taco Bell (for example) does have some high-calorie foods with around 30g of protein. Thoughts? Thanks so much -

MulattoRance
02-26-2015, 08:33 AM
I'm currently 6'0" 170lbs 16%bf: I'm trying to bulk up (working out 3 days on - 1 day off). Anyways, I try to eat clean calories but it does make it harder to get to my high-calorie goal. At work sometimes, I'm in a rush and have to settle for fast food (taco bell, etc). Since I am bulking, is it ok so shove a few burritos down or should I try to just find a hamburger joint and eat just the meat or whatever. Trying to get opinions on this! Taco Bell (for example) does have some high-calorie foods with around 30g of protein. Thoughts? Thanks so much -

As long as you're making an effort to hit your micronutrient requirements each day (general minimum of at least 1-2 fruits/fibrous vegetables per day) and attempting to compose the majority of your diet of whole, minimally-processed foods - there's nothing at all wrong with eating some "less micronutrient-dense" foods, ESPECIALLY if you're having trouble getting calories in!

Machina12
02-26-2015, 08:39 AM
The rest of my diet is usually oatmeal, protein shakes, peanut butter on whole wheat, some chicken or beef at night and usually throw in some fruit/veggies in there somewhere. Lunch is usually a few hamburger patties but today the office is doing a Taco Bell run lol

gbullock32
02-26-2015, 09:36 AM
^Quesaritto is good, like Mulatto said, nothing wrong with 'junk' food in moderation.